Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Donald Trump - 1 year later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it has been a year since that fateful night in November.

1. The world hasn't ended.
2. the DJIA has gone up 5,231 points. Yes, I had to do a double take as well
3. More legislation passed that any prior president
4. Consumer confidence higher than it has been in a long, long time
5. Economy grows at 3%. To put that in perspective, this never happened under Obama his entire term.
6. Newfound respect from foreign leaders for Trump's America first stance.

Personally, with a year this great, my family cannot wait to see what the next 7 years bring.

MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN
Lefty whining incoming in 5...4...3...
(11-09-2017, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Lefty whining incoming in 5...4...3...

Russia, derp, derp, collusion, derp, derp, Mueller, derp, derp
(11-09-2017, 09:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it has been a year since that fateful night in November.

5. Economy grows at 3%. To put that in perspective, this never happened under Obama his entire term.

Personally, with a year this great, my family cannot wait to see what the next 7 years bring.

Are you crazy? The man has insulted dozens of other countries and leaders. They don't respect him or us. They're laughing at us behind our back.
(11-09-2017, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 09:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it has been a year since that fateful night in November.

Are you crazy? The man has insulted dozens of other countries and leaders. They don't respect him or us. They're laughing at us behind our back.

Ah... and you are privy to what they say "behind our backs" how?

Sir, how dare you allow objective quantifiable data inform your decisions...  Don't u know Rachel Maddow has proclaimed this man a BRUTE ((clutching my pearls tightly))!
(11-09-2017, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

As opposed to what Obama did for 8 years where he constantly turned his back on our allies.  That was okay, right?

Feel free to explain how he has "insulted dozens of countries and leaders".  I'm sure your driving point here is around immigration.  I guess by enforcing our laws and tightening up security at our borders, that's considered an insult?  

Other than a few staunch liberal leaders around the world who were never going to warm up to Trump, it seems to me that most world leaders have been more than capable of separating rhetoric from action.  You should really consider giving that a try.
lol ... "separating rhetoric from action." I.e., figuring when he's lying and when he's not. When in doubt just assume he's doing his usual blowhard act and never meant what he said.

Today he seems to be doing that re China. Yesterday it was South Korea. And no one knows where he stands regarding tax "reform".
Making America Great again!
(11-09-2017, 12:57 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Are you crazy? The man has insulted dozens of other countries and leaders. They don't respect him or us. They're laughing at us behind our back.

As opposed to what Obama did for 8 years where he constantly turned his back on our allies.  That was okay, right?

Feel free to explain how he has "insulted dozens of countries and leaders".  I'm sure your driving point here is around immigration.  I guess by enforcing our laws and tightening up security at our borders, that's considered an insult?  

Other than a few staunch liberal leaders around the world who were never going to warm up to Trump, it seems to me that most world leaders have been more than capable of separating rhetoric from action.  You should really consider giving that a try.

He claimed China was "raping our country" and that climate change was a hoax started by the Chinese to make American trade non-competitive.

He accepted a phone call from Taiwan and overturned decades of diplomatic protocal, angering the chinese.

He hung up on the president of Australia when he was asked about keeping an agreement we had already made with them before he was elected. 

He insulted the city of Paris after the terrorists attacks. 

He declined to shake Angela Merkels hand at a joint press conference, like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. 

He constantly dogs Mexico and even campaigned on the promise that he was going to make them pay for a border wall, which ended up being a lie. 

During the campaign, he accused the British government of using spies to wiretap his phones under the direction of Obama.

He insulted London's police force after the terrorists attacks and implied the Mayor took terrorism lightly.

He said we should pull our troops out of South Korea, because "that country isn't paying us what they should be paying us".

I know there is much more, but this is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Corrected the above to reflect what it took to retain 20% of his 35% Base.  The monetary factors apparently don't apply to them (e.g. WV, Rust Belt, Mid-Westerners) because if you think about it, the Upper and Upper Middle Class people that didn't vote for him (like yours truly) are the ones benefiting most from a raging DOW that is positively impacting our 401k and housing investments.  In the meantime, the 20% is still in fantasy land thinking the coal mining industry and factories are coming back to their town (since we got all those jobs back from China and Mexico)   Laughing
(11-09-2017, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:57 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]As opposed to what Obama did for 8 years where he constantly turned his back on our allies.  That was okay, right?

He claimed China was "raping our country" and that climate change was a hoax started by the Chinese to make American trade non-competitive. 
Today he got a 250 billion dollar deal that lowered our trade deficit by 50% with them.  So he made the trade deals with them more competitive. Well he pulled out of the climate pact which taxed americans for adding co2 to the atmosphere but not China.

He accepted a phone call from Taiwan and overturned decades of diplomatic protocal, angering the chinese. Must not been to big of a deal because they let him in the forbidden palace and signed a yuge deal

He hung up on the president of Australia when he was asked about keeping an agreement we had already made with them before he was elected.  didn't want to keep the agreement possibly because he thought it was bad

He insulted the city of Paris after the terrorists attacks. due to france having a lax immigration policy that directly led to such attacks

He declined to shake Angela Merkels hand at a joint press conference, like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. Merkel has been a problem on the world community specifically the EU and has helped cause a lot of the issues over there.  I wouldn't want to shake a leaders hand who has proven to be awful for their country/region

He constantly dogs Mexico and even campaigned on the promise that he was going to make them pay for a border wall, which ended up being a lie. The idea was to pay for it through either new trade agreements or the wall paying for itself by releasing the burden of illegals on the economy

During the campaign, he accused the British government of using spies to wiretap his phones under the direction of Obama.  I'm sure he didn't expect it was the obama administration with the help of the fbi/cia.  So ya he was partially wrong

He insulted London's police force after the terrorists attacks and implied the Mayor took terrorism lightly.  A mayor who says terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city could be seen as someone who takes terrorism lightly, also the guy is hesitant to call anything terrorism involving a certain group but quick to call it terrorism when it is another.

He said we should pull our troops out of South Korea, because "that country isn't paying us what they should be paying us".  he was just in the country working on trade deals so I would assume he is trying to fix that accusation or bridge whatever gap there is.

I know there is much more, but this is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The Wall is up and Hillary is locked up! He did it!
(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Corrected the above to reflect what it took to retain 20% of his 35% Base.  The monetary factors apparently don't apply to them (e.g. WV, Rust Belt, Mid-Westerners) because if you think about it, the Upper and Upper Middle Class people that didn't vote for him (like yours truly) are the ones benefiting most from a raging DOW that is positively impacting our 401k and housing investments.  In the meantime, the 20% is still in fantasy land thinking the coal mining industry and factories are coming back to their town (since we got all those jobs back from China and Mexico)   Laughing
[Image: 1jh1r7.jpg]
(11-10-2017, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Corrected the above to reflect what it took to retain 20% of his 35% Base.  The monetary factors apparently don't apply to them (e.g. WV, Rust Belt, Mid-Westerners) because if you think about it, the Upper and Upper Middle Class people that didn't vote for him (like yours truly) are the ones benefiting most from a raging DOW that is positively impacting our 401k and housing investments.  In the meantime, the 20% is still in fantasy land thinking the coal mining industry and factories are coming back to their town (since we got all those jobs back from China and Mexico)   Laughing
[Image: 1jh1r7.jpg]

This is called "perfect timing" by the rubes:

China Energy Report

FTA for those who won't take the time to read about how they're wrong about the miners:

China Energy, the world’s leading power company, announced Thursday it plans to spend more than $83 billion on shale gas and chemical projects in West Virginia, a deal that represents a massive foreign investment in American energy.

[Image: trump-deal-with-it-sunglasses-gif.gif]
(11-09-2017, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:57 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]As opposed to what Obama did for 8 years where he constantly turned his back on our allies.  That was okay, right?

He accepted a phone call from Taiwan and overturned decades of diplomatic protocal, angering the chinese.

He hung up on the president of Australia when he was asked about keeping an agreement we had already made with them before he was elected. 

He declined to shake Angela Merkels hand at a joint press conference, like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. 

He constantly dogs Mexico and even campaigned on the promise that he was going to make them pay for a border wall, which ended up being a lie. 

During the campaign, he accused the British government of using spies to wiretap his phones under the direction of Obama.

He insulted London's police force after the terrorists attacks and implied the Mayor took terrorism lightly.

He said we should pull our troops out of South Korea, because "that country isn't paying us what they should be paying us".

So dozens = like 4 countries, although some of those aren't really insults.... China deserves all the hard words they get. As done any other communist/tyrannical country.

(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

As long as my pocket book is doing well, that is really all I care about anymore Smile
(11-10-2017, 10:27 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]He claimed China was "raping our country" and that climate change was a hoax started by the Chinese to make American trade non-competitive.

So dozens = like 4 countries, although some of those aren't really insults.... China deserves all the hard words they get. As done any other communist/tyrannical country.

(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Corrected the above to reflect what it took to retain 20% of his 35% Base.  The monetary factors apparently don't apply to them (e.g. WV, Rust Belt, Mid-Westerners) because if you think about it, the Upper and Upper Middle Class people that didn't vote for him (like yours truly) are the ones benefiting most from a raging DOW that is positively impacting our 401k and housing investments.  In the meantime, the 20% is still in fantasy land thinking the coal mining industry and factories are coming back to their town (since we got all those jobs back from China and Mexico)   Laughing

As long as my pocket book is doing well, that is really all I care about anymore Smile

I know, right? God forbid the "1%" who actually work and not sit at home collecting government cheese actually get rewarded via their 401K's and investment accounts.
(11-10-2017, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 10:27 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]So dozens = like 4 countries, although some of those aren't really insults.... China deserves all the hard words they get. As done any other communist/tyrannical country.

I know, right? God forbid the "1%" who actually work and not sit at home collecting government cheese actually get rewarded via their 401K's and investment accounts.

I'm far from the 1%... 
According to the numbers 35k is where middle class starts (lower middle class they call it)

I'm actually below that. I grossed about 33 last year (and I net much less due to high insurance premium, 500+ a month and other things)
BUT... my company offers a 401k... I've been here 15 years (fully matched)... and during 2008 it was awful, slowly it climbed back to normal levels and in the past year... it's doing very well, best growth over a 9 month period ever.
I pay out a lot in taxes, roughly 3k, I get a minimal return (I think last year was 500 bucks)....

What does all this personal info mean? Means I've been getting hosed the past few years... I make enough that I get the shaft from the government... but not enough that I feel anywhere near "middle class"....
The Trump economic plans have had a positive effect on my 401k... his proposal of tax cuts seemingly will also have a positive effect on my weekly check.
And so far... the only people I know for a fact would be negatively impacted.... would be some of those seeping money through welfare programs, illegal aliens and families of illegal aliens, terrorists, left wing politicians with a socialist/communist bend to their agenda......
I mean... if poor people want to stop being poor, then they should be all about Trump's economic policies...
But my guess is... poor people who work the system enjoy being poor. They like getting 600 a month in food stamps, they enjoy gov't funded housing, free cell phones, and whatever else they can get...
And for some reason... there is the whole sect of America that actually make good money, don't mind getting raped by the government in taxes, and thinks it is our duty to take care of those who can not, will not, or don't want to take care of themselves.
Charity should be a choice... not forced through taxation.
(11-10-2017, 10:56 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I know, right? God forbid the "1%" who actually work and not sit at home collecting government cheese actually get rewarded via their 401K's and investment accounts.

I'm far from the 1%... 
According to the numbers 35k is where middle class starts (lower middle class they call it)

I'm actually below that. I grossed about 33 last year (and I net much less due to high insurance premium, 500+ a month and other things)
BUT... my company offers a 401k... I've been here 15 years (fully matched)... and during 2008 it was awful, slowly it climbed back to normal levels and in the past year... it's doing very well, best growth over a 9 month period ever.
I pay out a lot in taxes, roughly 3k, I get a minimal return (I think last year was 500 bucks)....

What does all this personal info mean? Means I've been getting hosed the past few years... I make enough that I get the shaft from the government... but not enough that I feel anywhere near "middle class"....
The Trump economic plans have had a positive effect on my 401k... his proposal of tax cuts seemingly will also have a positive effect on my weekly check.
And so far... the only people I know for a fact would be negatively impacted.... would be some of those seeping money through welfare programs, illegal aliens and families of illegal aliens, terrorists, left wing politicians with a socialist/communist bend to their agenda......
I mean... if poor people want to stop being poor, then they should be all about Trump's economic policies...
But my guess is... poor people who work the system enjoy being poor. They like getting 600 a month in food stamps, they enjoy gov't funded housing, free cell phones, and whatever else they can get...
And for some reason... there is the whole sect of America that actually make good money, don't mind getting raped by the government in taxes, and thinks it is our duty to take care of those who can not, will not, or don't want to take care of themselves.
Charity should be a choice... not forced through taxation.

Bingo.  The same could be said about health insurance.

Rational people read this like the satire it should have been intended as.
Pages: 1 2