Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mysterious Illness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First Linder comes down with this sickness and is out 3 weeks, now Dareus has this illness and has missed his 2nd straight practices.  What is going on? Our run D looked improved with him in, now there is a possibility we may not have him available for the Chargers.
Very common to get sick when moving across country to a different geographical area. The immune system is exposed to new strains of all kinds of normal viruses and such and of course there is zero proof of any similarities to what Linder had as to Dareus.
They reported that Dareus was in the building today but didn't practice.

If it was serious he'd likely not have been there.  I doubt its anything to worry about.

Quote:Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (illness) was the only player to not participate in Thursday’s practice (shoulder pads/shorts). Dareus was at the Jaguars’ facility, though.

Receiver Marqise Lee (knee) was upgraded from out Wednesday to a limited participant on Thursday and receiver Arrelious Benn (groin) did full work after being limited on Wednesday.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey (groin), right guard A.J. Cann (triceps), left guard Patrick Omameh (knee) and right tackle Jermey Parnell (knee) were limited for the second straight day.

Ryan O   ^
Players are spreading koodies to each other.  They need to stop that.
It's being reported that Dareus spent his entire time in the third stall from the end.
(11-09-2017, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's being reported that Dareus spent his entire time in the third stall from the end.

[Image: IMG_17771-1024x768.jpg] Sick Sick
Linder I'm not sure about but with Dareus it's very common when thrown into a large group of new people to get sick. Happens all the time with military members when they arrive at Boot camp. I think Dareus will be fine
(11-09-2017, 08:36 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Linder I'm not sure about but with Dareus it's very common when thrown into a large group of new people to get sick. Happens all the time with military members when they arrive at Boot camp. I think Dareus will be fine

In the Navy they lined us all up in a room standing on mats while facing the wall with our pants and skivvies around our ankles. Then some corpmen came in and gave everyone an intramuscular B-shot (bicillin) in the right cheek. We stood on mats in case anyone passed out. I still got sick with the right side of my [BLEEP] swollen and sore for 3 days.
(11-09-2017, 08:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Very common to get sick when moving across country to a different geographical area. The immune system is exposed to new strains of all kinds of normal viruses and such and of course there is zero proof of any similarities to what Linder had as to Dareus.

This. Along with the body adjusting to the different climate.
Recruit crud. Sick Sick  Pure misery on top of the already extreme levels of boot camp misery.
Gus spiked Marcell's vanilla chocolate ice cream. It's the only explanation.

I'm sure the league will follow with an investigation.
I bet it's sars..
(11-09-2017, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 08:36 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Linder I'm not sure about but with Dareus it's very common when thrown into a large group of new people to get sick. Happens all the time with military members when they arrive at Boot camp. I think Dareus will be fine

In the Navy they lined us all up in a room standing on mats while facing the wall with our pants and skivvies around our ankles. Then some corpmen came in and gave everyone an intramuscular B-shot (bicillin) in the right cheek. We stood on mats in case anyone passed out. I still got sick with the right side of my [BLEEP] swollen and sore for 3 days.

OMG I remember that from boot camp. The girl next to me passed out and fell on me. 

When I moved here to NC my first fall season was horrible. I kept getting sinus infections that had me on steriods and out of work 3-4 days at a time. Finally a doctor asked me about allergies. I told him I'd never had allergies. Evidently I did. Now I take Claritan-D during fall and spring and I'm good to go.
(11-09-2017, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's being reported that Dareus spent his entire time in the third stall from the end.

CONFIRMED!
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vq8wjQwc_8][/url]
Sick Sick Sick
(11-10-2017, 12:17 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]In the Navy they lined us all up in a room standing on mats while facing the wall with our pants and skivvies around our ankles. Then some corpmen came in and gave everyone an intramuscular B-shot (bicillin) in the right cheek. We stood on mats in case anyone passed out. I still got sick with the right side of my [BLEEP] swollen and sore for 3 days.

OMG I remember that from boot camp. The girl next to me passed out and fell on me. 

When I moved here to NC my first fall season was horrible. I kept getting sinus infections that had me on steriods and out of work 3-4 days at a time. Finally a doctor asked me about allergies. I told him I'd never had allergies. Evidently I did. Now I take Claritan-D during fall and spring and I'm good to go.
Man..that "Peanut Butter" shot took down everyone. Lot of sick hall visits for us. Not to mention pain every time you sat down.
(11-09-2017, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

You'll hate me for this, but I swear it true. 

When I went to boot, the Navy decided to try something with the new recruits in my division; they didn't give us the butt shot. Instead, they gave us a 60 day supply of penicillin pills and told us to take one daily, and that they would do an anonymous survey to see if people actually were taking the pills and if they were getting sick.

Me personally? I flushed all the pills down the toilet on my last few days of boot camp. Never got sick once either. I'm not sure how the surveys looked, but I know they went back to the traditional peanut butter butt shot after I left.

Sometimes lucky is better than good eh?

Edit: this was in July of 06 btw
The first day he reportedly was ill, he posted video of him with guys visiting the Navy aviation outfit with the Jaguar Blackhawks. Didn't seem too ill at the time.
(11-10-2017, 10:38 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]The first day he reportedly was ill, he posted video of him with guys visiting the Navy aviation outfit with the Jaguar Blackhawks. Didn't seem too ill at the time.

Maybe he was just sick of practicing?
lol
(11-10-2017, 10:38 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]The first day he reportedly was ill, he posted video of him with guys visiting the Navy aviation outfit with the Jaguar Blackhawks. Didn't seem too ill at the time.

That was a victory Monday. Did they actually list an injury report on Monday? 
Thought they added him on Tuesday.
[Image: bbe3f6fa83584a41a8e3f4670bd3e7cb--favori...quotes.jpg]
Pages: 1 2