Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Look how far we have come
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember when we had guys like Gratz, House, Harris, Cyp, Clemons, Aaron Kaupman, Joeckel, .........Gus Bus

Defensive ends have been chasing Tony Brackens' ghost since 1999 with 12.5 sacks. Now we have 3 guys that could get 12.5 sacks.

Looking back, man we have come a long way. We got studs like Ramsey, Bouye, Smith, Fowler, Yannick, Gipson, Jack.

Remember when Jack's knee might blow out? Or move him to RB....lol now we got Fournette and lead the NFL in rushing. 

We've came a long way. Feels nice.
I love thinking back to the old rosters and realizing how void of talent they were despite my teal glasses at the time. Oh boy do I see the gap now.
Brackens had 12 sacks
(11-10-2017, 09:38 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: [ -> ]I love thinking back to the old rosters and realizing how void of talent they were despite my teal glasses at the time.  Oh boy do I see the gap now.

We are all guilty. I agree, the gap is quite large.
It sure feels good.. it's been a long time coming.
(11-10-2017, 09:38 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: [ -> ]I love thinking back to the old rosters and realizing how void of talent they were despite my teal glasses at the time.  Oh boy do I see the gap now.

Some of them were devoid like you say, but the last few years the roster wasn't nearly as bad as Gus made it look.

Even Davon House is having a great year in coverage right now.
I thought Chris Clemons was decent for us. And we always have had decent players..talent has always been on our side team, not much but it was there. Gene Smith killed us with terrible picks..Dave missing on Jockel set us back too but that whole draft was bad
A lot of talent went here to die during the Gus years. Mix that with some suspect free agents signings like Gerhart and it's easy to see why we struggled for so long.

(11-10-2017, 02:00 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Chris Clemons was decent for us. And we always have had decent players..talent has always been on our side team, not much but it was there. Gene Smith killed us with terrible picks..Dave missing on Jockel set us back too but that whole draft was bad

Clemons first year here was solid, 8 sacks, 4 Ff but the next year his play fell off of a cliff.
(11-10-2017, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when we had guys like Gratz, House, Harris, Cyp, Clemons, Aaron Kaupman, Joeckel, .........Gus Bus

GENO FREAKIN' HAYES !!!

[Image: Houston+Texans+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+q2gSBE2N_7wl.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
idk.... Coughlin and Marrone changed our culture. I could be totally wrong here but you cant convince me that teams like the Patriots and Steelers just always hit on all stars. Nobody is that smart.

Not saying Joeckel was anything less than a bust... but right now it feels like everything the jags touch turns to gold... I just have to think there is more going on than just a better eye for talent.
(11-10-2017, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when we had guys like Gratz, House, Harris, Cyp, Clemons, Aaron Kaupman, Joeckel, .........Gus Bus

Defensive ends have been chasing Tony Brackens' ghost since 1999 with 12.5 sacks. Now we have 3 guys that could get 12.5 sacks.

Looking back, man we have come a long way. We got studs like Ramsey, Bouye, Smith, Fowler, Yannick, Gipson, Jack.

Remember when Jack's knee might blow out? Or move him to RB....lol now we got Fournette and lead the NFL in rushing. 

Which Harris? Huh
5th round pick FSU.

(11-10-2017, 02:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

GENO FREAKIN' HAYES !!!

[Image: Houston+Texans+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+q2gSBE2N_7wl.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I remember I went nuts when we picked him up. lol. Wow.

Compared to now, we were taking L's.
(11-10-2017, 02:57 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]idk.... Coughlin and Marrone changed our culture. I could be totally wrong here but you cant convince me that teams like the Patriots and Steelers just always hit on all stars. Nobody is that smart.

Not saying Joeckel was anything less than a bust... but right now it feels like everything the jags touch turns to gold... I just have to think there is more going on than just a better eye for talent.

Perhaps the deal Belichick has made ran out and Marrone, Caldwell or Coughlin sold their soul?  Ever think of that?
(11-10-2017, 07:43 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 02:57 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]idk.... Coughlin and Marrone changed our culture. I could be totally wrong here but you cant convince me that teams like the Patriots and Steelers just always hit on all stars. Nobody is that smart.

Perhaps the deal Belichick has made ran out and Marrone, Caldwell or Coughlin sold their soul?  Ever think of that?

If the soul is where the personality resides.... Belichick's deal is still in effect.

Yeah, I have to laugh when I think of all the hate this FO was getting for keeping Marrone. Remember all the hand wringing? Times change fast, lol.
(11-10-2017, 08:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, I have to laugh when I think of all the hate this FO was getting for keeping Marrone. Remember all the hand wringing? Times change fast, lol.
Marrone has been a nice addition, but I like to compare his coaching style to the likes of Mularkey and even a weak version of Jack Del Rio. I think he will be decent enough but I dont think he could be a coach you can win playoff games with. Just my opinion, his def an upgrade over Goose Bradley though.
(11-10-2017, 09:16 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 08:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I have to laugh when I think of all the hate this FO was getting for keeping Marrone. Remember all the hand wringing? Times change fast, lol.
Marrone has been a nice addition, but I like to compare his coaching style to the likes of Mularkey and even a weak version of Jack Del Rio. I think he will be decent enough but I dont think he could be a coach you can win playoff games with. Just my opinion, his def an upgrade over Goose Bradley though.

Your troll game is weak, son.
(11-10-2017, 09:16 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Just my opinion

^^^ I provided the cliff's notes for everyone else.