Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Total Offensive Ranking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we know that our D is ranked #3 in total defense, did you know that our offense is ranked #9 in total offense?

Top Ten on both sides of the ball Jaguar Fans.

DTWD...

NH3…
when was the last time we had top 10 in both.......

ever?
I was someone who wanted to keep Marrone last year once Gus got fired. I thought he got a bad rep from the Buffalo fiasco. It looks shady on his part, yes..buuuut, his first year for Buffalo was good. He wanted control over his roster and moves but there was a huge power struggle between him and the front office and they started taking things out of his hands. Can't blame a guy who was unhappy with his situation that took advantage of a crazy million dollar payout if he left. He instills a great no BS mindset here with Coughlin. Gud was more rah rah and less Xs and Os. People say ,"It's Jimmies and Jones not Xs and Os," but there has to be a balance. Marrone knew what he had with this team and is getting the absolute best out of mid tier players that put offense is mostly made of. On top of that, he has taught these young players what it means to win. And you can't begin to give enough credit to Calais Campbell. Most older vets would take tha hefty paycheck and just collect paychecks and then retire but CC has really been a leader for our young roster and doesn't let anyone give less than 100%. This is finally an exciting time for The Jags
Top in rushing. Last in passing. Play with the lead and we're fine. Trail and we put a ton of pressure on the defense.
I’ve got to say I’m kinda surprised by this. But the last few games they did rack up the yards.

This whole NFL season has been weird though. Enjoyable but weird.
(11-10-2017, 06:03 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Top in rushing. Last in passing. Play with the lead and we're fine. Trail and we put a ton of pressure on the defense.

We aren't last in passing.
(11-10-2017, 05:29 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]I was someone who wanted to keep Marrone last year once Gus got fired. I thought he got a bad rep from the Buffalo fiasco. It looks shady on his part, yes..buuuut, his first year for Buffalo was good. He wanted control over his roster and moves but there was a huge power struggle between him and the front office and they started taking things out of his hands. Can't blame a guy who was unhappy with his situation that took advantage of a crazy million dollar payout if he left. He instills a great no BS mindset here with Coughlin. Gud was more rah rah and less Xs and Os. People say ,"It's Jimmies and Jones not Xs and Os," but there has to be a balance. Marrone knew what he had with this team and is getting the absolute best out of mid tier players that put offense is mostly made of. On top of that, he has taught these young players what it means to win. And you can't begin to give enough credit to Calais Campbell. Most older vets would take tha hefty paycheck and just collect paychecks and then retire but CC has really been a leader for our young roster and doesn't let anyone give less than 100%. This is finally an exciting time for The Jags

I Concur to the aforementioned. Marrone sat back and watched Gus make many mistakes all along taking it all in on what Not to Do. Yes, he knew the extent our talent roster while adding a few more pieces of the puzzle, this team could go from the basement to the attic sort of speaking. Also Marrone knew what he was doing when he convinced Gus to hire his OC as QB coach. The job was there for the taking and take it he did.

Thank You Jesus.

NH3...

(11-10-2017, 06:25 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 06:03 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Top in rushing. Last in passing. Play with the lead and we're fine. Trail and we put a ton of pressure on the defense.

We aren't last in passing.

No we're not.

NH3...

Actually 26th in passing but yeah.
If they get to the low twenties or high teens in passing, this team will be upstoppable in the playoffs
Key is how they are designing game plans to match our player's strengths instead of designing game plans on how the coach wished it should be even if it did not maximize the strength of the players involved.

.....well I thought I was on the total defence thread, but the same above applies. They are doing a much better job matching plays and positions to the strength of the players.