Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Melania Trump: Ending social media bullying would be focus as first lady (Not from The Onion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Melania Trump says she'd work to improve a social media culture that has gotten "too mean and too tough" -- riddled with insults based on "looks and intelligence" -- if she becomes first lady.

But she didn't make any mention of the Twitter activities of her husband, Donald Trump, who has relentlessly attacked his political foes, journalists, critics and other entertainers for years with demeaning comments based on their appearances and intelligence.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/03/politics/m...index.html

Good for her. There's no reason why respectable citizens should have their social media pages ambushed by dozens of bullies filled with rage.

CNN desperately needs this to be an issue.

It's all they have. "That Trump sure is a potty mouth". Oh, and that " Hey man he was sued while conducting business for over 40 years in the most litigious country in the world ".

Like 02 said up there. Good for her, I'm sure she will probably start with her hubby first.

Quote:Melania Trump says she'd work to improve a social media culture that has gotten "too mean and too tough" 

I don't recall Michelle Obama stating that before.  Oh well, I must have missed that speech.   :thumbsup:
Quote:I don't recall Michelle Obama stating that before.  Oh well, I must have missed that speech.   :thumbsup:
She was too busy gardening and telling schools what they could serve at lunch.
Quote:I don't recall Michelle Obama stating that before. Oh well, I must have missed that speech. :thumbsup:

Barack and Michelle made a joint statement on bullying in 2011. She went on the Ellen show to discuss it in 2012.
Quote:She was too busy gardening and telling schools what they could serve at lunch.

Don't get me started on that one.  She pulled chick-fil-a from the menu at PVHS.  My kids will never forgive her for that one !!
Quote:Barack and Michelle made a joint statement on bullying in 2011. She went on the Ellen show to discuss it in 2012.

ha !!  figures.

I kind of wish Melania would have made it her mission to keep former Miss America's and Miss Universe's in shape.
Quote:Don't get me started on that one.  She pulled chick-fil-a from the menu at PVHS.  My kids will never forgive her for that one !!
Some of the stories about what she mandated schools could serve were ridiculous.  The fact that anyone complied amazes me, but I'm sure these kind and caring souls didn't use bully tactics like threatening to pull funding if her menu wasn't adhered to, right?
Quote:Some of the stories about what she mandated schools could serve were ridiculous.  The fact that anyone complied amazes me, but I'm sure these kind and caring souls didn't use bully tactics like threatening to pull funding if her menu wasn't adhered to, right?

... not to mention the restroom thing as well 
Quote:... not to mention the restroom thing as well 
But she and her husband issued a joint statement on bullying, so it's okay. 
i think its stupid but it's not exactly a deal breaker of an issue

Quote:i think its stupid but it's not exactly a deal breaker of an issue

For the past few decades, the media almost requires first lady's to have some sort of agenda they plan to tackle.  I'm not sure what the point is honestly, but I guess it keeps the little lady busy with something.  I'm sure Melania would be quite content to continue running her own business and not having to take this detour. 

What's funny is that if Hillary wins, the only agenda Bill will have is chasing tail around the White House again. 
More inspired thought than starting a hillbilly garden in the back yard... of the White House.

[Image: white-house-vegetable-garden.jpg?w=500&h=333]

Quote:[Image: white-house-vegetable-garden.jpg?w=500&h=333]
The bulldozers need to be at the ready on inauguration day.
I saw her recent publicity photo. It just screamed Claire Underwood to me. 

Great more nanny state......
Quote:The bulldozers need to be at the ready on inauguration day.

Your signature has never been more pertinent.