Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: While the refs were bad...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yeah, they made some bad calls but that doesn't change the fact that:

Bortles is awful
Lee and Colvin are dumb
Hackett should be fired

Fournette, A-Rob and Hurns need/deserve better QB/OC.

BTW, anyone who said Rivers is less than mediocre please stop watching football. Rivers is great and he is way better than any QB this franchise has ever had.
Bortles shouldn’t have been throwing 50 passes anyway so I’m not gonna blame him. Everyone and their mother knows who he is and the coaches decide to sling it. I don’t get if
Refs really made it hard for us, that AC penalty was bs, he was just pointing at Rivers. But, yeah if im Marrone, IM PISSED that our guys couldn't keep their composure
Oline was terrible, that's why our runnng game was bad and Gus plan was to force Blake to throw a lot.

Sometimes you get ugly win....I'm fine with this one.
I'll take the win but the lack of Fornette's effectiveness is concerning going forward.
No, the refs tried single handed to close this game out for the Chargers. I counted 13 blatant holds missed vs our D line, and a few very touchy DBs getting away with mugging our guys with no call. It reminded me of the damn Packers game last year.
Marrone not taking the 3 in a one possession game on a 4th and 6... by far most questionable decision to me. The team NEEDED a game like this where they face some adversity and learn from it. I don't think we will see those dumb penalties moving forward anymore.
(11-12-2017, 04:16 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Defense better wake up now.

(11-12-2017, 05:50 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Oline was terrible, that's why our runnng game was bad and Gus plan was to force Blake to throw a lot.

Sometimes you get ugly win....I'm fine with this one.

Agreed, not every win is going to be pretty. I'd be pretty fired up over the dumb penalties if I were Marrone. Correct those mistakes be thankful you managed to sneak one out at the end despite the poor play.

Bortles, was up and down today again, the TD drive he looked great. Then he threw some really ill advised passes, probably 2-3 more picks were dropped.

Play calling needs to improve on O. Not cool letting them take Fournette out of the game like that.
(11-12-2017, 05:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]No, the refs tried single handed to close this game out for the Chargers. I counted 13 blatant holds missed vs our D line, and a few very touchy DBs getting away with mugging our guys with no call. It reminded me of the damn Packers game last year.

Correct. The Lee "drop" on the last deep pass was actually because the DB tackled him to keep him from catching it. Should have been interference.
I’m of the opinion that winning a close game was important for this team.
This post is crap. Blake was very good for the majority of that game. He's the only reason we were in that game at the end. We couldn't run the ball, he was under pressure every single drop back, and his receivers dropped some big balls, i.e. Cole TD and Lee deep ball, etc. He threw a couple of pick INTS at the end, but so did the QB on the other side that has had a Hall of Fame career. We won this game and that's all that matters. Lets learn from the mistakes both mentally and strategically, get better, and roll into Cleveland and knock them back on their A**!
(11-12-2017, 05:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they made some bad calls but that doesn't change the fact that:

Bortles is awful
Lee and Colvin are dumb
Hackett should be fired

Fournette, A-Rob and Hurns need/deserve better QB/OC.

BTW, anyone who said Rivers is less than mediocre please stop watching football. Rivers is great and he is way better than any QB this franchise has ever had.

I said Rivers is less than mediocre. Quit your whining! Mistakes were made yes, but you should step away for a bit.
(11-12-2017, 05:50 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Refs really made it hard for us, that AC penalty was bs, he was just pointing at Rivers. But, yeah if im Marrone, IM PISSED that our guys couldn't keep their composure

That was Ramsey pointing at Rivers and he didn't get flagged for that. They never showed Colvin's penalty on tv.
Yeah bortles was good most the game. If we expect no interceptions when we are completely one dimensional and chasing the game we will be drafting new qbs until we get the next Brady or forever
Rivers lost tho
Bortles wasn't awful. One INT came off of two deflections and the other one was a bad pass. He also had a masterful drive to tie it up. We should have had 1st and goal at the 1 before the refs screwed us leading to one of those passes anyway.
The taunting is stupid. If you must do it do it only after a score
I just watched the replay of Lee getting that penalty several times on NFL.com. They threw the flag BEFORE he was dancing. What a garbage call. They were going to do PI and changed it. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111204...tab=videos

He shouldn't have done the dance, but it was still bogus.
(11-12-2017, 06:00 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Rivers lost tho

And threw a big interception in overtime. Maybe cut him too
Ehhh..

Cam playing hurt and not pulling it off.
Shatley and Wells getting worked over.

Blake actually played well much more than he sucked, but he sure knows how to pick the worst times to make the bad decision. Oooof.

Dumb unforced errors, back-up linemen, and incomprtent refs are the story on this one IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4