Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My feelings after the Chargers game..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So today we won an ugly, ugly game..

A few points as I saw it:

Try as they might, the referees could not completely screw us today. But, we were *almost* architects of our own downfall without the refs’ help. The Chargers constantly getting away with holding and the Jaguars stupid penalties did not make this game easy on the eye..

A couple of drops by Marqise Lee & Keelan Cole should have had the game wrapped up, but we had to endure overtime for the second time this season. Luckily we managed to overcome this for the win.

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Blake Bortles, I think he played reasonably well today, he made a couple of poor decisions and had a couple of interceptions, but when you’re throwing the ball 50 times, you’re going to be inaccurate at least a couple of times.
I’m not 100% sure why we let the clock run down at the end of the first half.. I can only think that it was because we were receiving in the second half.. but still, I’d have like to have seen a timeout or two and see if we could have advanced up the field to attempt to score.

Leonard Fournette looked rusty. I am all for punishing a player for wrongdoings, but I wonder if the move to keep him inactive last week inadvertently punished the whole team this week as he looked off the pace..

The defence looked shaky for periods of the game today, but came up with the goods when it really mattered.
Josh Lambo: it was great to see what it really meant to him with his celebration. It was great to see him put this down as a ‘team win’. I like that unselfishness from players, It really is endearing.

Say what you will about this team, through good or bad, they are like a family unit. No win is on one player; conversely, no loss is on one player. They win as a team and they lose as a team. I like this mentality.

If we can play that poorly and still win, I’m excited for the rest of the season.
We won......quick, burn the tape.
The Chargers are a tough team and I'm glad we won't see them in the playoffs.
Their edge rushers are nasty. Gave us fits all game.
It was ugly but a needed reality check for this team. However, according to that Rodney dude on Football Night in America it shouldn’t have happened because this team is not good. Rolls eyes everytime Bortles or Defense comes up. Haters are going to hate to the very end!
What I see is us at 6-3 double the wins from.last year and tied for 1st in AFCS.
Yeah I thought 4nette looked rusty too. Wasn't breaking tackles like he normally does.
Really hoping the OL can get healthy this week. It’s pretty clear that as they go, we go (that’s pretty common around the league of course)
(11-12-2017, 09:07 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I thought 4nette looked rusty too. Wasn't breaking tackles like he normally does.

Either rusty or not healthy. Seems he went down on first contact a few times.  Besides that a great win as the Chargers are very under rated as they have a very good defense.
I didn't thInk Fournette looked rusty, I thought the offensive line did. Boss was constantly in the back field. Thankfully we got the W and won't have to see them again and I doubt we face a team that can get that much pressure every play again
Fournette is injured still. And where is our secret weapon West Brook at?
after all the years of loses,and ugly loses,ill take an ugly win any sunday!!!!!! can i get a yes yes on that?
[Image: Screenshot_20171111-203213.png]

Let's eat one!!
good to see we ate the W today
Yea, Fournette looked slow today. I wonder if ankle still bothering him.
(11-12-2017, 11:36 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, Fournette looked slow today. I wonder if ankle still bothering him.

I wondered that, either that or 28 days without a game showed that he wasn't game ready.

I reckon we'll see the Fournette we know next week.
(11-12-2017, 11:44 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2017, 11:36 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, Fournette looked slow today. I wonder if ankle still bothering him.

I wondered that, either that or 28 days without a game showed that he wasn't game ready.

I reckon we'll see the Fournette we know next week.

I'm thinking it's a combination of a little rust and the OL got worked pretty well

I think it was his second carry of the game when a LB landed on top of the ankle he'd sprained after the tackle.   

I have a feeling it may have been re-aggravated at that point and he lost a step.

(plus the O-Line was struggling all day)
After watching Bortles throw the ball 51 times, it was pretty obvious that this team misses A-Rob. They lack a playmaking receiver/TE so bad. I'm not expecting him to be, but I really hope Westbrook provides the spark this team needs. It is asking a lot for a rookie WR to be that, especially when he hasn't played a single game yet. One can hope though!
(11-12-2017, 11:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]After watching Bortles throw the ball 51 times, it was pretty obvious that this team misses A-Rob. They lack a playmaking receiver/TE so bad. I'm not expecting him to be, but I really hope Westbrook provides the spark this team needs. It is asking a lot for a rookie WR to be that, especially when he hasn't played a single game yet. One can hope though!

Yes. 

I remember half-way into the 4th quarter saying "Man, they are really missing A-Rob right now." 

Fingers crossed that Westbrook (and maybe Strong or Mickens) can get in there and really help Blake out.

I'd also consider getting O'Shaughnessy involved a bit as well as a receiving TE.
Pages: 1 2