Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who was our starting offensive line today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't get to watch the game...I know Josh Wells filled in for Jeremy Parnell...but did Shatley play center again today and Linder take AJ Cann's spot at left guard?

Or did they just leave it with Robinson at left tackle, Omameh at left guard, Linder at Center, Cann at right guard and Wells at right tackle?

Just curious what it was this past game and what it might be going forward after the past few games and switching the lineup.

Thanks! Was at the Bengals-Titans game today in Nashville...unfortunately the Bengals didn't get the job done for us.
We started with Robinson-Omameh-Linder-Cann-Wells and ended with Robinson-Shatley-Linder-Cann-Wells
Cam, Omameh, Linder, Cann, Wells.

And it was god awful
Ok, thank you so much! I appreciate it guys.
it was Robinson at LT, Omaneh at LG (Shatley replaced him at half time), Linder at C, Cann at RG, and Wells at RT.

Wells was getting abused pretty regularly as both Ingram and Bosa were getting pressure all game. The run game was non-existent and the pass protection was decent for the most part, but I would say that the overall o-line play was less than stellar. It was clear the injuries took their toll on the o-line today, so hopefully we can get healthy quickly.
Thank you guys for the update, I really appreciate it! I watched the highlights of the game when I got home, but this extra insight information helps fill me in.
While the o-line did struggle today, we were facing a pretty tough Dline.
I'll say it again.

The team needs to put Shatley back at center and put Linder at guard. They played the best this way.
(11-12-2017, 11:31 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'll say it again.

The team needs to put Shatley back at center and put Linder at guard. They played the best this way.

I actually agree with you.
My primary concern is getting our starting tackles healthy.
They can stick Wells in there at one spot for a game here and there and get away with it - but you can't put Wells on one end and a 50-60% healthy rookie on the other end and expect to get much done.
For the run game Shatley at C and Linder at guard seems to work well. Hope the OLine gets healthy soon.
(11-12-2017, 11:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]My primary concern is getting our starting tackles healthy.
They can stick Wells in there at one spot for a game here and there and get away with it - but you can't put Wells on one end and a 50-60% healthy rookie on the other end and expect to get much done.

Yes, but benching Cann and putting Linder at Guard and Shatley at center with healthy Parnell seems best.