Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wildcard Possibilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know no one wants to think of it yet and not the goal, but has anyone looked at the wildcard standings? If Miami loses tomorrow will have a two game lead for the 6th spot. Buffalo and Miami still have the Patriots twice to play and we have a 2 game conference lead over all other wild contenders. Plus we also have the head to head over the Ravens.
I think espn analytics puts us at 98% to make the playoffs. We are definitely playing a playoff game this year. I'm more fixated on winning the division and possibly getting a bye. Next three games are browns, cards, colts. There is no reason we should not be sitting at 9-3
(11-13-2017, 04:18 AM)Yeah jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]I think espn analytics puts us at 98% to make the playoffs. We are definitely playing a playoff game this year. I'm more fixated on winning the division and possibly getting a bye. Next three games are browns, cards, colts. There is no reason we should not be sitting at 9-3

Wow I did not realize we have 98% chance of playoffs.  Of course division title and bye week is a goal and is very possible, but the way the titans are playing as well, it could come down to last game for maybe division or wildcard spot.  You’re right we could realistically and should  be nine and three but At same time I wouldn’t put any game as an automatic esp AZ.  At least regardless whoever wins between Tennessee and Pittsburgh we still win.
Just imagine if we don't stink on special teams against the Rams. And touch Powell down..
Buffalo plays Chargers, Chiefs, Pats in the next 3 games. There will be a large gap between us and 6th place pretty soon.

I think the Ravens will get the last playoff spot... they have one losable game going forward.
Ten. vs. Pit. Thursday Night. I hope Ten. loses but if they pull it off that will be better for our chance at getting a bye in the playoffs if we win the division
I think Pit beat Ten on Thursday and their loss will come when they play NE mid December. I think we'll end tied with Pit's record and take the number 2 slot in the AFC due to the tie breaker.
(11-13-2017, 08:33 AM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]I think Pit beat Ten on Thursday and their loss will come when they play NE mid December. I think we'll end tied with Pit's record and take the number 2 slot in the AFC due to the tie breaker.

That would mean we would have win out the rest of the way.  I think we lose one more.  Would be nice for the Titans to beat Pitt. and lose the last 2 to the Rams and Jags
I don’t care how we get in, I’ll just be ecstatic we’re in the dance for once
(11-13-2017, 08:33 AM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]I think Pit beat Ten on Thursday and their loss will come when they play NE mid December. I think we'll end tied with Pit's record and take the number 2 slot in the AFC due to the tie breaker.

Indy had Pitt on the ropes yesterday and just totally Pagano'd the whole thing.... 17-3 lead, lost 20-17 bwahahahaha
(11-13-2017, 08:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

That would mean we would have win out the rest of the way.  I think we lose one more.  Would be nice for the Titans to beat Pitt. and lose the last 2 to the Rams and Jags

I think we finish either 13-3 or 12-4, the tie break with Pit assumes the 13-3 and I personally think the Seahawks game is the one that makes the difference. I see us beating Hou, 49ers & Tacks to round out the regular season.
It still feels surreal that this is happening haha. All of the sudden most of our draft picks look good and we are talking 2nd seed in the playoffs behind a team that we blew out at their house. 2017 has been a great season so far.

I feel predicting 11-5 at this point is conservative. I was one of those that thought we would win 5 at most after the pre-season.

Let's hope that O-line gets healthy again and Fournette gets rolling next week.
(11-13-2017, 04:40 AM)Gojags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2017, 04:18 AM)Yeah jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]I think espn analytics puts us at 98% to make the playoffs. We are definitely playing a playoff game this year. I'm more fixated on winning the division and possibly getting a bye. Next three games are browns, cards, colts. There is no reason we should not be sitting at 9-3

Wow I did not realize we have 98% chance of playoffs.  Of course division title and bye week is a goal and is very possible, but the way the titans are playing as well, it could come down to last game for maybe division or wildcard spot.  You’re right we could realistically and should  be nine and three but At same time I wouldn’t put any game as an automatic esp AZ.  At least regardless whoever wins between Tennessee and Pittsburgh we still win.
As a Jags fan, I'm terrified of that 2%.....
We definitely have a playoff spot. What makes it interesting for us now is when are competing for the division title and possibly a bye week in the playoffs. As much I want the tacks to lose this week it may be better if the win.

If the tacks lose and we win we are now in the division lead solely based on overall record. They makes it more likely that we are guaranteed a home game in the playoffs. On the flip side of the tacks win and we win that means the Steelers lost. Since we have the tie breaker,if we get to the final game of the season with the tacks that could determine who gets the second seed and a bye versus who is the fifth seed.

I think I would like to see the Steelers win this week. Steelers still have some division games, an on track packers and the patriots left. We can really stack the next three win while the other division leaders drop a game or two.
(11-13-2017, 12:42 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]It still feels surreal that this is happening haha.  All of the sudden most of our draft picks look good and we are talking 2nd seed in the playoffs behind a team that we blew out at their house.  2017 has been a great season so far.  

I feel predicting 11-5 at this point is conservative.  I was one of those that thought we would win 5 at most after the pre-season.

Let's hope that O-line gets healthy again and Fournette gets rolling next week.

It is kind of surreal isn't it?   I had to make some travel plans for Jan last week.  As I was booking my flight I had to stop and look up what the playoff schedule was. How long has it been since I've worried about that???     Laughing

(11-13-2017, 12:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2017, 04:40 AM)Gojags Wrote: [ -> ] Wow I did not realize we have 98% chance of playoffs.  Of course division title and bye week is a goal and is very possible, but the way the titans are playing as well, it could come down to last game for maybe division or wildcard spot.  You’re right we could realistically and should  be nine and three but At same time I wouldn’t put any game as an automatic esp AZ.  At least regardless whoever wins between Tennessee and Pittsburgh we still win.
As a Jags fan, I'm terrified of that 2%.....

^^^  THIS  x 1000
One week at a time. This team can't look ahead. Next order of business. Pit destroys the tacks and Mary "tweeks" a hammy that keeps him out 3 weeks for precautionary measures.
(11-13-2017, 07:49 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]Buffalo plays Chargers, Chiefs, Pats in the next 3 games. There will be a large gap between us and 6th place pretty soon.

I think the Ravens will get the last playoff spot... they have one losable game going forward.

Though I disagree with you regarding the Ravens only having one losable game,  they do hold the head to head tiebreaker for a wildcard spot with the Raiders.  That could prove huge,  as they could easily be the two teams that battle it out for the AFC final playoff spot.  The Jaguars could realistically end up hosting either team on Wildcard Weekend.
Nothing is guaranteed and I'm watching week to week.
(11-13-2017, 01:13 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2017, 07:49 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]Buffalo plays Chargers, Chiefs, Pats in the next 3 games. There will be a large gap between us and 6th place pretty soon.

Though I disagree with you regarding the Ravens only having one losable game,  they do hold the head to head tiebreaker for a wildcard spot with the Raiders.  That could prove huge,  as they could easily be the two teams that battle it out for the AFC final playoff spot.  The Jaguars could realistically end up hosting either team on Wildcard Weekend.
I mean I know we roasted the Ravens last time but I would not want to play them in the playoffs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4