Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does anyone else love Josh Lambo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not even because he made that OT kick, but just his enthusiasm and [BLEEP] hype on big kicks.  I love the guy! Never been so excited about a kicker XD  This guy just gets me pumped up
Mrs. Lambo, we certainly appreciate Mr. Lambo...cheers!
He doesn't have the leg strength of Meyers by any means and it's obvious on his kick offs but man he got his mojo back in a HUGE way by beating the Chargers. Kickers are straight head cases and Meyers has the talent just short between the ears.
Myers just ain't accurate. Nothing to do with between ears. Lambo is kicking good right now.
(11-15-2017, 07:16 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't have the leg strength of Meyers by any means and it's obvious on his kick offs but man he got his mojo back in a HUGE way by beating the Chargers. Kickers are straight head cases and Meyers has the talent just short between the ears.

56 yards should be plenty enough leg in this league. Hell, that one would have gone through from 65. 

He is such a difference mentally than Myers was though. Myers always looked like he was pouting and mad. Even when he made kicks.
Can't believe the chargers let him go..I bet after this past weekend they can't either........thank you, Thank you.....THANK YOU!
and DC for signing him.....I guess other teams thought he was done.
LOL The software doesn't BLEEP out the title in the browser.
(11-15-2017, 09:59 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]LOL The software doesn't BLEEP out the title in the browser.

Haha nice.  Thanks for pointing that out.

I also really like that Lambo created an account on here just to drum up more support for himself.  We see you Josh.  Get those kicks up a bit though, would you?
(11-15-2017, 09:59 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]LOL The software doesn't BLEEP out the title in the browser.

Nor at the top of the thread either  Big Grin
Lambo is doing well. And yes, I like his enthusiasm. Just seeing the guys in teal celebrating wins on the regular is amazing.

He needs to get the trajectory up on field goals - and that game winner was hooked left and the block may have actually saved Lambo's bacon. Not sure that kick goes through without the deflection.
(11-15-2017, 11:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lambo is doing well.  And yes, I like his enthusiasm. Just seeing the guys in teal celebrating wins on the regular is amazing.

He needs to get the trajectory up on field goals  -  and that game winner was hooked left and the block may have actually saved Lambo's bacon. Not sure that kick goes through without the deflection.

THere is an axiom that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Perhaps that applies on that kick!

But he had an extra point deflected too, although Marrone seemed to attribute that to the blocking more than the kick.

From what I've read on the Chargers board, he does kick with a low trajectory.

In any event, I'm quite happy with how he's kicked FGs for us so far.  Our coverage teams will need to continue to perform well because of his kickoffs, though.
(11-15-2017, 11:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 11:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lambo is doing well.  And yes, I like his enthusiasm. Just seeing the guys in teal celebrating wins on the regular is amazing.

He needs to get the trajectory up on field goals  -  and that game winner was hooked left and the block may have actually saved Lambo's bacon. Not sure that kick goes through without the deflection.

Ha!  Yes, and as Jags fans this season I believe we all are embracing feeling lucky AND good!
the guy has passion.

gotta love it!
dilly dilly!
(11-15-2017, 11:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps that applies on that kick!

But he had an extra point deflected too, although Marrone seemed to attribute that to the blocking more than the kick.

From what I've read on the Chargers board, he does kick with a low trajectory.

In any event, I'm quite happy with how he's kicked FGs for us so far.  Our coverage teams will need to continue to perform well because of his kickoffs, though.
I actually like his kickoffs, most of the time they fall about right at the goal line in which they run it out and gives our guys a chance to tackle them inside the 20 and we have seen that a few different times already.  With Myers it was always out of the end zone which puts them on the 25 and a few times he shanked it out of bounds and it put them on the 40
[Image: 200.webp#46-grid1]

The kick was def. going left a bit and the block helped us out.  Finally luck on our side for once.  I think all of this just gives Lambo more and more confidence on his kicks though which confidence is a huge thing for a kicker
The Lambo Slide!!!!
(11-15-2017, 12:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]The Lambo Slide!!!!

Lambo with the soccer slide.  It's crazy that Lambo was drafted in the first round with the 8th overall pick in the 2008 MLS draft.
The one thing Charger fans pointed out about Lambo is that he kicks low. We got a taste of that in overtime. Hopefully that doesn't haunt us going forward when it counts.
Pages: 1 2