Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we're gonna be the first team with three 10 sack games the time is now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With 3 games, with 10 sacks. This would be the game to do it. Kizer holds the ball a very long time. He hangs in the pocket when his first read ain't open.

With Ramsey locking down his side and Bouye locking up his side, it could be a long day for Kizer. My hopes are we jump out to a 10-0 lead and pin our ears back the rest of the day.
(11-15-2017, 07:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]With 3 games, with 10 sacks. This would be the game to do it. Kizer holds the ball a very long time. He hangs in the pocket when his first read ain't open.

With Ramsey locking down his side and Bouye locking up his side, it could be a long day for Kizer. My hopes are we jump out to a 10-0 lead and pin our ears back the rest of the day.

But what if Ramsey is locking up his side and Bouye locking down his. Then what?!?
I doubt they get 10 sacks. But I hope they do haha
With Joe Thomas out, who is the Brown's LT now? Looks like it's Spencer Drango, 2nd year player. PFF has him ranked "Poor" overall, but he's still better than Cam Robinson according to them, so take that with a grain of salt. He gave up a sack against Anthony Zettel last week, gave up 2 pressures against Everson Griffen against the Vikes and according to Cleveland news gave up 2 pressures in 19 snaps when he took over for Joe Thomas against the tacks. I think he might have his hands full with Yannick/Dante. Be interesting to see how he handles their speed/power.
Our best chance is vs Seattle.
wrong our best chance is once again against houston at home with tom savage... both kizer and wilson are mobile and that alone will allow them to escape a few sacks
(11-15-2017, 09:52 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Our best chance is vs Seattle.

They just traded for Duane Brown.

They have solidified their LT.

If Joeckel is still their LG, he is the biggest liability on their OL.  But I don't see Seattle as the team to surrender the ten sacks.
(11-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

If Joeckel is still their LG, he is the biggest liability on their OL.  But I don't see Seattle as the team to surrender the ten sacks.

I can see Dareus destroying the joke on every play.  Marrone coached him and nobody knows his weakness better than Marrone
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars put a spy on DeShone Kizer. His mobility helps keep some drives alive. Keeping Kizer in contain could easily lead to numerous sacks when factoring in the components of the Jaguars Defense.

If the immobile Cody Kessler comes into the game, unlike Kizer, he has great difficulty escaping pressure.
(11-15-2017, 02:16 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars put a spy on DeShone Kizer.   His mobility helps keep some drives alive.   Keeping Kizer in contain could easily lead to numerous sacks when factoring in the components of the Jaguars Defense.

If the immobile Cody Kessler comes into the game,  unlike Kizer,  he has great difficulty escaping pressure.

I think Jack would be the spy in most cases, but I could be wrong.
(11-15-2017, 02:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 02:16 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars put a spy on DeShone Kizer.   His mobility helps keep some drives alive.   Keeping Kizer in contain could easily lead to numerous sacks when factoring in the components of the Jaguars Defense.

If the immobile Cody Kessler comes into the game,  unlike Kizer,  he has great difficulty escaping pressure.

I think Jack would be the spy in most cases, but I could be wrong.

That certainly makes sense, considering his athletic skills.
I'm interested to see how the secondary baits Kizer into mistakes.
(11-15-2017, 01:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]They just traded for Duane Brown.

I can see Dareus destroying the joke on every play.  Marrone coached him and nobody knows his weakness better than Marrone

Talk about mismatch!

If the Jaguars lined up Dareus on Joeckel, the Seahawks would have to double him every play.

Kizer is injured, Kessler might play Sun if Kizer can't go
(11-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Didn't brown get injured again?
(11-15-2017, 02:37 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]They just traded for Duane Brown.

Didn't brown get injured again?

He rolled an ankle, left the game, didn't return, but says he'll be OK for their next game (which he has 11 days in between games to get right)
Remember everybody:  

Pride goeth before a fall.  

As bad as Cleveland's record is, they are still a team of professional football players, and they are still playing hard.  Don't take if for granted, "We're gonna run up 50 points."  "We're gonna get 10 sacks."  etc etc.  It's the NFL.  This week's opponent consists of 53 highly paid professional football players.  It's not Charleston Southern University.
We get Tom Savage again.... I'm thinking we set another record of most sacks on a single QB in a season lol
(11-15-2017, 09:29 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]With Joe Thomas out, who is the Brown's LT now? Looks like it's Spencer Drango, 2nd year player. PFF has him ranked "Poor" overall, but he's still better than Cam Robinson according to them, so take that with a grain of salt. He gave up a sack against Anthony Zettel last week, gave up 2 pressures against Everson Griffen against the Vikes and according to Cleveland news gave up 2 pressures in 19 snaps when he took over for Joe Thomas against the tacks. I think he might have his hands full with Yannick/Dante. Be interesting to see how he handles their speed/power.

To be fair, Griffen and Zettel are very good. Better than Yannick and Dante collectively.
(11-15-2017, 07:10 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 09:29 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]With Joe Thomas out, who is the Brown's LT now? Looks like it's Spencer Drango, 2nd year player.  PFF has him ranked "Poor" overall, but he's still better than Cam Robinson according to them, so take that with a grain of salt.  He gave up a sack against Anthony Zettel last week, gave up 2 pressures against Everson Griffen against the Vikes and according to Cleveland news gave up 2 pressures in 19 snaps when he took over for Joe Thomas against the tacks.  I think he might have his hands full with Yannick/Dante.  Be interesting to see how he handles their speed/power.

To be fair, Griffen and Zettel are very good. Better than Yannick and Dante collectively.

Sure, but they don't have pressure coming up the middle and other side like we do with Campbell, Dareus, Malik, etc.
Pages: 1 2