Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Bouye named Player of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bouye named Player of the Week

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...e3c6304724

Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
He has definitely earned it.
We have a lot of guys winning these player of the week awards. Good to see, and I hope they keep it up and one of our defenders win DPOY.
Bouye has gotten better week by week. Gave up a few big plays around weeks 3-5 but has really shown incredible technique and focus since then.

What a great acquisition.

The Bouye, Church and Campbell additions really put this "on the cusp" defense over the top. And Wash has done a great job of scheming to all of their strengths.
(11-15-2017, 10:40 AM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye named Player of the Week

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...e3c6304724

Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

(11-15-2017, 10:43 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]He has definitely earned it.

(11-15-2017, 11:16 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]We have a lot of guys winning these player of the week awards. Good to see, and I hope they keep it up and one of our defenders win DPOY.

Excellent news.

Hopefully this week we can get another ten sack game, and get one of the DLs to win the award this week.

(11-15-2017, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye has gotten better week by week. Gave up a few big plays around weeks 3-5 but has really shown incredible technique and focus since then.

What a great acquisition.

The Bouye, Church and Campbell additions really put this "on the cusp" defense over the top. And Wash has done a great job of scheming to all of their strengths.

Absolutely.

Very rarely have I watched a game this year and wondered what in the world a player is doing or why he's doing it.
I think Ramsey and Bouye are equally as good. I feel Ramsey is better against the bigger WR like a AJ Green or Juliio Jones and I feel Bouye is better against the smaller shiftier WR like a Antonio Brown
(11-15-2017, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I think Ramsey and Bouye are equally as good.  I feel Ramsey is better against the bigger WR like a AJ Green or Juliio Jones and I feel Bouye is better against the smaller shiftier WR like a Antonio Brown

The great thing about these two is how they push each other. 

Bouye is a guy with measurable talent that works his tail off to perfect his craft and study his opponents.

Ramsey is a guy with nearly immeasurable talent that is learning from Bouye the right way to be a pro. 

It's a great mix.
Ramsey is an all pro but can I say something blasphemous? AJ might actually be better and that’s a good thing. Lower qb rating against, more picks, more game changing plays, I think more passes defenses and tackles.

Don’t flame me just giving AJ some much needed props. Tinhorns messed up big time letting him go
(11-15-2017, 12:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is an all pro but can I say something blasphemous? AJ might actually be better and that’s a good thing. Lower qb rating against, more picks, more game changing plays, I think more passes defenses and tackles.

Don’t flame me just giving AJ some much needed props. Tinhorns messed up big time letting him go
Why would anyone flame you?  They are both Jags
(11-15-2017, 12:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is an all pro but can I say something blasphemous? AJ might actually be better and that’s a good thing. Lower qb rating against, more picks, more game changing plays, I think more passes defenses and tackles.

They're both very, very good, but those numbers are skewed by Ramsey missing over half a game, and the big thing is opposing defenses don't throw at him.
(11-15-2017, 12:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Why would anyone flame you?  They are both Jags

Not sure if we can speak about lord Ramsey as anything other than a HOFer lol
(11-15-2017, 12:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is an all pro but can I say something blasphemous? AJ might actually be better and that’s a good thing. 

Ramsey has way more natural athletic talent than Bouye. Bouye is a more polished football player.  We'll likely see Ramsey begin to close that gap.
I don't have the stats handy but I'd bet that Bouye has been targeted more than Ramsey has been, and there's a reason for that.
(11-15-2017, 12:24 PM)IAchilles Wrote: [ -> ]

They're both very, very good, but those numbers are skewed by Ramsey missing over half a game, and the big thing is opposing defenses don't throw at him.

Oddly enough after looking at their stats, it’s almost identical. AJ has 1 more pick but Ramsey has more passes defenses. That crazy as teams hardly ever throw at him for him to have those number lol. 

Aww man I love this team lol

Good job AJ

(11-15-2017, 12:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 12:21 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is an all pro but can I say something blasphemous? AJ might actually be better and that’s a good thing. 

Ramsey has way more natural athletic talent than Bouye. Bouye is a more polished football player.  We'll likely see Ramsey begin to close that gap.
I don't have the stats handy but I'd bet that Bouye has been targeted more than Ramsey has been, and there's a reason for that.

I’d agree with that assessment. AJ is a pro now. Ramsey is doing it off pure talent and athleticism. He literally gets better by the play. I still may say AJ has the slight edge but Ramsey is the guy. I think this year he will be named as an all pro and pro bowler and hold that slot for the next 7-8 years. 

I love arguing over who’s the better corner. So much better than decided who should start out of Will Blackmon, Alan Ball, Gratz or McCray lol

This was your same argument on Lee being better than Hurns.  Athletic talent is just part of it.  Just because a guy is more athletic, faster, or bigger doesn't make one a better player.  Fundamentals, work ethic, toughness, understanding the game and other players tendencies to use to your advantage on the field all come into play.  So many different things other than who is more athletic, they are both great player though and I'm glad we signed Bouye this off-season.
(11-15-2017, 12:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 12:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey has way more natural athletic talent than Bouye. Bouye is a more polished football player.  We'll likely see Ramsey begin to close that gap.

This was your same argument on Lee being better than Hurns.  Athletic talent is just part of it.  Just because a guy is more athletic, faster, or bigger doesn't make one a better player.  Fundamentals, work ethic, toughness, understanding the game and other players tendencies to use to your advantage on the field all come into play.  So many different things other than who is more athletic, they are both great player though and I'm glad we signed Bouye this off-season.

Yeah. Lee is more athletic than Hurns but his hands are keeping him from reaching his ceiling/potential. It's a shame. 
I had high hopes for him. Wish he could be more consistent. 

It's a similar dynamic between Bouye and Ramsey, but the main difference here is that they are both already top tier players at their positions. 

I mean, I don't expect everyone to agree with my assessments, but do you think I'm wrong about Ramsey being more athletically gifted?

I mean, you don't see Bouye playing three steps off of a guy intentionally to bait a QB.  He knows he doesn't have the closing speed. Ramsey does this fairly often.  He's still got plenty of work to do to polish his game (as I mentioned earlier in the thread) and I'm not bad-mouthing Bouye at all  -- it just seems really obvious to me which is the better athlete. Not that it matters. They're both great and it's amazing that we have a duo like that.
(11-15-2017, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2017, 12:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This was your same argument on Lee being better than Hurns.  Athletic talent is just part of it.  Just because a guy is more athletic, faster, or bigger doesn't make one a better player.  Fundamentals, work ethic, toughness, understanding the game and other players tendencies to use to your advantage on the field all come into play.  So many different things other than who is more athletic, they are both great player though and I'm glad we signed Bouye this off-season.

Yeah. Lee is more athletic than Hurns but his hands are keeping him from reaching his ceiling/potential. It's a shame. 
I had high hopes for him. Wish he could be more consistent. 

It's a similar dynamic between Bouye and Ramsey, but the main difference here is that they are both already top tier players at their positions. 

I mean, I don't expect everyone to agree with my assessments, but do you think I'm wrong about Ramsey being more athletically gifted?

I mean, you don't see Bouye playing three steps off of a guy intentionally to bait a QB.  He knows he doesn't have the closing speed. Ramsey does this fairly often.  He's still got plenty of work to do to polish his game (as I mentioned earlier in the thread) and I'm not bad-mouthing Bouye at all  -- it just seems really obvious to me which is the better athlete. Not that it matters. They're both great and it's amazing that we have a duo like that.

Ramsey is definitely the more gifted athlete.  Ramsey could probably qualify for the Olympics for a few different things if he wanted too.  I think they just make the guys under them that much better to, guys like Myrick and Colvin get to learn from those guys
(11-15-2017, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey is definitely the more gifted athlete.  Ramsey could probably qualify for the Olympics for a few different things if he wanted to.  I think they just make the guys under them that much better to, guys like Myrick and Colvin get to learn from those guys

Yes.  Colvin's game has stepped up quite a bit and Myrick looks like he's learned a lot since the preseason. 

It's a tried and true methodology. Want to get better?  Play with players that are better (and different) than you.
 In my professional world (music) I teach this concept to my students regularly.  Being pushed in the right direction can only help if you're willing to accept it and work toward the goal.
So what is that; 10 weeks into the season and Jags have won the DPOY 3 times? (Campbell, Smith, Bouye). That is impressive.
(11-15-2017, 01:36 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]So what is that; 10 weeks into the season and Jags have won the DPOY 3 times? (Campbell, Smith, Bouye).  That is impressive.

DPOY (defensive player of the year) 3 times would be impressive

Ramsey and Bouye talked with Deion after the Chargers game and essentially said this same thing. 

Ramsey said he's learning technique and preparation from Bouye and Bouye said he's learning the attitude and mindset from Ramsey.

(11-15-2017, 01:36 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]So what is that; 10 weeks into the season and Jags have won the DPOY 3 times? (Campbell, Smith, Bouye).  That is impressive.

As Kane said, DPOW.

But what I find impressive is it shows that our entire defense is good. We've had a DL, LB, and CB all win it.
Pages: 1 2