Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Westbrook expects 200 receiving yards in debut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...s-in-debut

Dede ain’t messing around

"My expectations are high," Westbrook told SportsRadio 930 on Wednesday, via ESPN.com's Michael DiRocco. "I always set the standard high for myself. For me, and this has nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns at all, but my expectation is a 200-yard receiving game.
I like his confidence. I picked him up off the waiver wire in my fantasy league, so that would be great if he got 200 yards.
I guess it's good to aim high. We'll take whatever production he can offer.
Buuuwwwwaaaa!!!

Skidmarks are all like, "Damn, 40 points?, Two hundred yards?, We suck.
Like the confidence but dang. This dude is putting himself on the Moss level. I'll settle for 100yds. That in itself is outstanding enough.
I'd love to just see the kid catch a couple of passes and maybe just get open deep a few times to possibly back off the coverage.

I don't ever remember Blake having that kind of instant chemistry with a receiver where a rookie that's had very few reps with him will come in and light it up, but who knows?
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to just see the kid catch a couple of passes and maybe just get open deep a few times to possibly back off the coverage.

I don't ever remember Blake having that kind of instant chemistry with a receiver where a rookie that's had very few reps with him will come in and light it up, but who knows?

He’s fast enough to catch the over throws (no shade)
(11-16-2017, 10:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Like the confidence but dang. This dude is putting himself on the Moss level. I'll settle for 100yds. That in itself is outstanding enough.

Actually I would have him sprint full speed for the endzone and throw it deep on the first play. Kinda like the 1st year Tom had Moss. It's not much of a gamble at the beginning of the game. Let's see what he's got right out the gate. Big Grin
(11-16-2017, 11:11 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 10:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Like the confidence but dang. This dude is putting himself on the Moss level. I'll settle for 100yds. That in itself is outstanding enough.

Actually I would have him sprint full speed for the endzone and throw it deep on the first play. Kinda like the 1st year Tom had Moss. It's not much of a gamble at the beginning of the game. Let's see what he's got right out the gate. Big Grin

I'd take that approach if it wasn't going to be so windy. They tried that with Cole a few times last game and actually overlooked him wide open, twice if I remember. Cole with Dede opposite, wow! This puts Lee on the inside routes. Get Lee some different gloves and this could be a lopsided matchup for the browns.
(11-16-2017, 11:04 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to just see the kid catch a couple of passes and maybe just get open deep a few times to possibly back off the coverage.

He’s fast enough to catch the over throws (no shade)

I agree completely.  I hope it's part of the gameplan. I'm just skeptical of the timing between he and the QB. 
Not quite as simple as "just throw it up der dawg."  Blake has missed by mere inches with Cole and Lee - and maybe DeDe cathes one of those  -- but they may need to get on the same page a bit before those throws are that close to catchable. 

I'd love to be wrong.  DeDe made some great adjustments on the ball with Henne in the preseason - but he did it against DBs that are riding pine or on the street now.  Remains to be seen if he'll look as good against starters. 
I have high hopes, just not expecting much in his first real game.
If gabs could do it with Blackmon Bortles can develop chemistry with Westbrook. But the realist in me says. Browns have really good corners and not scrubs.
Dede has the it factor IMO, some guys you just know will be studs almost immediately. Yeah he played backups but he didn’t just do well against them, he destroyed them. I can’t remember the last receiver we had that played that well in the preseason. He has Marvin Harrison’s skill set.

I don’t really care for scouting or “raw players that need development”, in fact I find scouting to be overrated. It’s simple, you’re either good at football or not good at football. Dede Westbrook is good at football.
(11-16-2017, 12:51 PM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ] Dede Westbrook is good at football.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. He's a natural. 
But he has to depend on a guy that is very inconsistent to get him the football right now.
(11-16-2017, 01:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 12:51 PM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ] Dede Westbrook is good at football.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. He's a natural. 
But he has to depend on a guy that is very inconsistent to get him the football right now.

IDK, I mean he got it to Lee several times last game and Lee didn't deliver. Hopefully Dede will.
(11-16-2017, 01:34 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 01:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. He's a natural. 

IDK, I mean he got it to Lee several times last game and Lee didn't deliver. Hopefully Dede will.

LOL

Are you serious with this? 

Lee made three great plays on the only TD drive by the offense and those include the TOUCHDOWN and the 2 POINT CONVERSION! 

Didn't deliver?  C'mon, now.
Good for him aim high glad he is ready to go
If Westbrook does indeed start, does he play in the slot? In preseason, I think he was primarily outside.
200 yards? I just want to see him get activated first.
(11-16-2017, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I like his confidence. I picked him up off the waiver wire in my fantasy league, so that would be great if he got 200 yards.

I started the season at #10 on the waiver wire, slowly inching to the top. Sitting at #2 on the priority waiver, now was the time to use it.
someone needs to tell Westbrook that he's no longer playing in the panzy [BLEEP] Big 12
Pages: 1 2