Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Playoff ticket prices and Attendance question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The seat prices will escalate per home playoff game. If we host three playoff games, here are the prices for my seats in 409, Row C (base price $62) from my ticket rep:

- Game one    $79 per seat
- Game two    $91
- Game three (AFC Championship Game)    $156

My question(s): what do you think attendance will be for home playoff games? Will people break the door down for seats and pack the place? Will the kneeling controversy linger and lessen demand? Will the escalating ticket prices cause a commensurate attendance drop?
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]The seat prices will escalate per home playoff game. If we host three playoff games, here are the prices for my seats in 409, Row C (base price $62) from my ticket rep:

- Game two    $91

My question(s): what do you think attendance will be for home playoff games? Will people break the door down for seats and pack the place? Will the kneeling controversy linger and lessen demand? Will the escalating ticket prices cause a commensurate attendance drop?

I think the season ticket holders will get sticker shock and the Jaguars will wind up giving away a lot of tickets to avoid the empty stadium look on TV.
I think the attendance will be great. Playoff games at home in the past (it's been a long, long time) were standing room only. Should the team end up hosting games in the playoffs, I'm sure the buzz around town will amp up the excitement, assuring we continue to show up for the post season.
I think they'll have a marked uptick in attendance from both the home team fans and visiting fans should they host play off games.

But sure - there will definitely be a contingent unwilling to fork over more money and there will be some hold-outs over the kneeling nonsense.
I don't think those groups will have major negative impact though. Marginal would be my guess.
(11-16-2017, 11:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]The seat prices will escalate per home playoff game. If we host three playoff games, here are the prices for my seats in 409, Row C (base price $62) from my ticket rep:

- Game two    $91

I think the season ticket holders will get sticker shock and the Jaguars will wind up giving away a lot of tickets to avoid the empty stadium look on TV.

If I recall correctly, the team gave season ticket holders the option to purchase the post season tickets when we renewed.  It laid out the pricing at the time, so most of those folks should already be aware of what the additional costs will be.  I don't anticipate them giving away tickets.  They won't have to.
Depending on the next few games, I'm willing to bet the hype will overshadow any playoff ticket price. It would have been a long time coming and people will beat down the doors to be a part of something special. In fact, I bet if you ask your rep, he/she would say sales have spiked recently.

- Game two    $91

There wouldn't be three home playoff games.

If we won the division and were one of the top two seeds, we'd have the first round bye.

If we won the division and were either 3rd or 4th seed, we'd host the wild card weekend game, then go on the road in the divisional round.  Under that scenario, we'd only host another game if, after the divisional round, we were the highest remaining seed.  For example, if we won the division as the 3rd seed and Tennessee were the top wild card team, if we beat the last wild card team in the wild card round, then won the divisional match up, we'd only host the AFC championship if Tennessee made it there.

If we were a wild card team, the only way we'd host any playoff game is if we were the highest ranked wild card team and both wild cards made it to the AFC championship.

There is no way any team would host 3 playoff games.
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Will the kneeling controversy linger and lessen demand? 

Are you being sarcastic?  Our attendance was actually up last weekend during the so-called boycott of the NFL
(11-16-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on the next few games, I'm willing to bet the hype will overshadow any playoff ticket price. It would have been a long time coming and people will beat down the doors to be a part of something special. In fact, I bet if you ask your rep, he/she would say sales have spiked recently.

It hasnt spiked, according to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...ndance.htm the following numbers are for Jag home games excluding the London game:
Week 2 - 61,709
Week 6 - 56,232 (first home game after London)
Week 9 - 60,720
Week 10 - 60,835
(11-16-2017, 11:07 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I think the attendance will be great.  Playoff games at home in the past (it's been a long, long time) were standing room only.  Should the team end up hosting games in the playoffs, I'm sure the buzz around town will amp up the excitement, assuring we continue to show up for the post season.

Exactly !!!  There's definitely going to be a significant buzz around town and a high demand for tickets; especially if we'd ultimately host a team like the Pats or Steelers.

That said, Jags fans normally don't pay a lot over the season ticket holders cost of the ticket so one could expect a small profit (which would increase exponentially if the Steelers or Pats came to town given the fact their lowest price tickets for regular season games normally go for ~ $150+ on stubhub).

(11-16-2017, 11:59 AM)5389srv Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on the next few games, I'm willing to bet the hype will overshadow any playoff ticket price. It would have been a long time coming and people will beat down the doors to be a part of something special. In fact, I bet if you ask your rep, he/she would say sales have spiked recently.

It hasnt spiked, according to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...ndance.htm the following numbers are for Jag home games excluding the London game:
Week 2 - 61,709
Week 9 - 60,720
Week 10 - 60,835

It has if you factor in the national boycott in Week 10.  There was actually an increase of 115 despite those 12 people that are boycotting the Jags.   Laughing
(11-16-2017, 12:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:07 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I think the attendance will be great.  Playoff games at home in the past (it's been a long, long time) were standing room only.  Should the team end up hosting games in the playoffs, I'm sure the buzz around town will amp up the excitement, assuring we continue to show up for the post season.

Exactly !!!  There's definitely going to be a significant buzz around town and a high demand for tickets; especially if we'd ultimately host a team like the Pats or Steelers.

That said, Jags fans normally don't pay a lot over the season ticket holders cost of the ticket so one could expect a small profit (which would increase exponentially if the Steelers or Pats came to town given the fact their lowest price tickets for regular season games normally go for ~ $150+ on stubhub).

(11-16-2017, 11:59 AM)5389srv Wrote: [ -> ]It hasnt spiked, according to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...ndance.htm the following numbers are for Jag home games excluding the London game:
Week 2 - 61,709
Week 9 - 60,720
Week 10 - 60,835

There was actually an increase of 115
Which means profit beer sales was up $6,442.

On another note, my seats in 201 row Y for playoffs are
per seat
If history is any indication, ticket brokers will hire people to camp out in front of the ticket office and buy all of the playoff tickets before the general public get to purchase them.
(11-16-2017, 01:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If history is any indication, ticket brokers will hire people to camp out in front of the ticket office and buy all of the playoff tickets before the general public get to purchase them.

Perhaps, with exception to STHs.
(11-16-2017, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:03 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Will the kneeling controversy linger and lessen demand? 

Are you being sarcastic?  Our attendance was actually up last weekend during the so-called boycott of the NFL

Not being sarcastic, just inviting conversation.

And, BTW, #MeToo.
(11-16-2017, 11:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]There wouldn't be three home playoff games.

If we won the division and were one of the top two seeds, we'd have the first round bye.

If we won the division and were either 3rd or 4th seed, we'd host the wild card weekend game, then go on the road in the divisional round.  Under that scenario, we'd only host another game if, after the divisional round, we were the highest remaining seed.  For example, if we won the division as the 3rd seed and Tennessee were the top wild card team, if we beat the last wild card team in the wild card round, then won the divisional match up, we'd only host the AFC championship if Tennessee made it there.

If we were a wild card team, the only way we'd host any playoff game is if we were the highest ranked wild card team and both wild cards made it to the AFC championship.

I think you're right as I reason this out with you, but why would the team provide 3 prices for 3 games? Are they possibly as dumb as I apparently might be?

Seeds 1 and 2 get the byes.
Seeds 3 and 4 host the WC teams and the winners of those 2 games travel to 1 and 2.
The two remaining teams play at the highest seed for the AFC title.

You are right.
That's the price per round, not per game. $79 wild card round, $91 divisional round and $151 for AFCCG
(11-16-2017, 01:32 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]There wouldn't be three home playoff games.

I think you're right as I reason this out with you, but why would the team provide 3 prices for 3 games? Are they possibly as dumb as I apparently might be?

Seeds 1 and 2 get the byes.
Seeds 3 and 4 host the WC teams and the winners of those 2 games travel to 1 and 2.
The two remaining teams play at the highest seed for the AFC title.

You are right.

As I thought about it afterwards, I think they are just setting the price for the Wild Card, Divisional and conference championship games to account for all scenarios.

I don't think they are saying there is any possibility of hosting three playoff games this year.
If the Jags are in the playoffs and host a home game it will be a sell out. No if ands or buts about it.
I know im going to the playoff game if we host. I will buy the first day they go on sale
(11-16-2017, 11:10 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 11:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think the season ticket holders will get sticker shock and the Jaguars will wind up giving away a lot of tickets to avoid the empty stadium look on TV.

If I recall correctly, the team gave season ticket holders the option to purchase the post season tickets when we renewed.  It laid out the pricing at the time, so most of those folks should already be aware of what the additional costs will be.  I don't anticipate them giving away tickets.  They won't have to.

I'm assuming I said yes to the playoff option - on the assumption there was no way in hell that the Jaguars would be in the playoffs.

I have no idea what the prices were and I'm not going to jinx everything by looking it up. Get a little closer to a sure thing and then I'll check.

Another win or two and I expect to be hearing from my ticket person.
Pages: 1 2