Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Adam Schein-NFL.com: Jaguars Have Shot as First Time Superbowl Champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...wl-winners

Just right under the Eagles.  Who drinking my teal koolaid we could play in Superbowl.  

Agree or flame away.  If posted already.  Sorry.  Didn't see it anywhere else.  And just merge threads.
There's potential but I feel we fall well short.
(11-16-2017, 12:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]There's potential but I feel we fall well short.

I agree, if anything I think we are more likely to be bounced in the second round at best. When we play an actual complete team like NE, just no way I could pick the Jags in that scenario. I feel fine against about anyone else tho.
(11-16-2017, 01:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 12:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]There's potential but I feel we fall well short.

I agree, if anything I think we are more likely to be bounced in the second round at best. When we play an actual complete team like NE, just no way I could pick the Jags in that scenario. I feel fine against about anyone else tho.

Complete team like NE? 16th in rush offense. Last in Pass D. Bottom 3rd in rush D.
They got Brady... so they always have a shot. But they are far from a complete team.

I'd be more worried about facing teams in the playoffs that have decent defenses.
The AFC is wide open and NE is the only team that really scares me and that's only because they always find a way. The NFC though! I don't see us getting past Philly or NO.
(11-16-2017, 01:50 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 01:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, if anything I think we are more likely to be bounced in the second round at best. When we play an actual complete team like NE, just no way I could pick the Jags in that scenario. I feel fine against about anyone else tho.

Complete team like NE? 16th in rush offense. Last in Pass D. Bottom 3rd in rush D.
They got Brady... so they always have a shot. But they are far from a complete team.

I'd be more worried about facing teams in the playoffs that have decent defenses.
Tell me about their scoring defense not the yards...
Plenty of potential. But without a consistent QB, I can't say it right now. I'm just so happy we have a great defense again. Defense is the part of a team that makes me giddy. And to be this good.....
(11-16-2017, 01:58 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 01:50 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Complete team like NE? 16th in rush offense. Last in Pass D. Bottom 3rd in rush D.

Tell me about their scoring defense not the yards...

14th?

Their D isn't good. Their O just outscores most anyone
(11-16-2017, 12:08 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...wl-winners

Just right under the Eagles.  Who drinking my teal koolaid we could play in Superbowl.  

Agree or flame away.  If posted already.  Sorry.  Didn't see it anywhere else.  And just merge threads.

The title is kind of misleading, but I do this the article is fair. Out of all of the teams that haven't won the super bowl, I would agree that we're second behind the Eagles in chances.
(11-16-2017, 12:08 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...wl-winners

Whatever happens,  enjoy the ride.  The Jaguars Defense is elite.  Probably in the top 2 along with the Vikings.   With even decent QB play,  the Jaguars are a very dangerous team.
I don't see it unless we can heal up on the OL and reestablish the run game. I can't see Bortles winning one on his own.
These teams like NE and Pitt have enough experience in the coaching staff and players where they elevate their play in the postseason. That's why the up and comers who are sporting great records go in and get beat in the wild card or 2nd round most of the time
Nope its time to destroy the tacks and beat the cheatriots....
For me, if we win 9-10 games and make the playoffs, that's overachieving this season. From last season, Marrone and Coughlins first year, getting the D and O units to click, I would have been happy 8-8.

Superbowl?! The Jags?! I haven't thought about it in 18 years. I just think we are a year or 2 away from being legitimate contenders. Our D is fantastic and easily one of the best in the NFL. The whole league has been pretty inconsistent so far but to me, that just means the last few weeks will be even more brutal as lots of teams think they still have a shot at the playoffs.

I just can't see how we could best the Pats, especially in New England, I think the Chiefs would hurt us, their O is so creative I think we'd struggle covering every aspect of their O and i think Pittsburgh would sadly be too strong in January. Bell is the best RB in the league and we couldn't stop him if he had 25-30 carries.

Nor this year but for once, and realistically, the future looks bright for us Jags.
(11-16-2017, 05:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]For me, if we win 9-10 games and make the playoffs, that's overachieving this season. From last season, Marrone and Coughlins first year, getting the D and O units to click, I would have been happy 8-8.

Superbowl?! The Jags?! I haven't thought about it in 18 years. I just think we are a year or 2 away from being legitimate contenders. Our D is fantastic and easily one of the best in the NFL. The whole league has been pretty inconsistent so far but to me, that just means the last few weeks will be even more brutal as lots of teams think they still have a shot at the playoffs.

I just can't see how we could best the Pats, especially in New England, I think the Chiefs would hurt us, their O is so creative I think we'd struggle covering every aspect of their O and i think Pittsburgh would sadly be too strong in January. Bell is the best RB in the league and we couldn't stop him if he had 25-30 carries.

Nor this year but for once, and realistically, the future looks bright for us Jags.

The differece between us and the dirty birds. Our D would not let up.  And Coughlin has beat um twice.
Real Football Media is legit. 

[Image: nerd1.jpg]
(11-16-2017, 05:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Real Football Media is legit. 

[Image: nerd1.jpg]

Is that a Apple 2c?
Super Bowl? Hahahaha. Holy crap, I haven't laughed that hard since the Gaguars drafted Bortles.
(11-16-2017, 05:54 PM)14and3 Wrote: [ -> ]Super Bowl? Hahahaha. Holy crap, I haven't laughed that hard since the Gaguars drafted Bortles.

All they did was search for an article that confirms what they want to believe
(11-16-2017, 05:31 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 05:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]For me, if we win 9-10 games and make the playoffs, that's overachieving this season. From last season, Marrone and Coughlins first year, getting the D and O units to click, I would have been happy 8-8.

The differece between us and the dirty birds. Our D would not let up.  And Coughlin has beat um twice.

I do think next time we play the Pats, we need to put Coughlin in some kind of secure location, the Pats will be throwing every bit of their black magic at their only weakness!
Pages: 1 2