Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Strong Debut?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could this be the week Jalen Strong suits up? Hurns and Benn look to be out and Dede is coming back but that leads us with one empty receiver spot open and I feel like Strong will play this week. Thoughts?
Well the problem is for Westbrook to play and be active on the roster somebody has the get cut or IRed. With the oline injuries it would seem Strong may be the odd man out. Even with the injuries at wideout he still couldn’t get on the field.
I could see someone like Payne or Ankou being moved for Dede and keeping Strong. We aren't really in position to thin out any WRs right now
(11-16-2017, 06:22 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Well the problem is for Westbrook to play and be active on the roster somebody has the get cut or IRed. With the oline injuries it would seem Strong may be the odd man out. Even with the injuries at wideout he still couldn’t get on the field.
Posted by imtheblkranger - 17 minutes ago
(11-16-2017, 06:44 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I could see someone like Payne or Ankou being moved for Dede and keeping Strong. We aren't really in position to thin out any WRs right now

If anything we’d probably cut this guy:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/Josh-...deaf375679
(11-16-2017, 07:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 06:22 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Well the problem is for Westbrook to play and be active on the roster somebody has the get cut or IRed. With the oline injuries it would seem Strong may be the odd man out. Even with the injuries at wideout he still couldn’t get on the field.
Posted by imtheblkranger - 17 minutes ago
(11-16-2017, 06:44 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I could see someone like Payne or Ankou being moved for Dede and keeping Strong. We aren't really in position to thin out any WRs right now

Normally I would agree but we have to start Wells this week since Parnell is hurt, Omameh has been hurt as well as AJ and Robinson. I’m not sure it would be wise to cut even the 9th or 10th olinemen right now.
(11-16-2017, 07:13 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 07:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Posted by imtheblkranger - 17 minutes ago

Normally I would agree but we have to start Wells this week since Parnell is hurt, Omameh has been hurt as well as AJ and Robinson. I’m not sure it would be wise to cut even the 9th or 10th olinemen right now.

Agree, the way our oline is so banged up I don't see use cutting anyone on the oline
(11-16-2017, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017, 07:13 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Normally I would agree but we have to start Wells this week since Parnell is hurt, Omameh has been hurt as well as AJ and Robinson. I’m not sure it would be wise to cut even the 9th or 10th olinemen right now.

Agree, the way our oline is so banged up I don't see use cutting anyone on the oline
Still got William Poehls, who hasn't even dressed this season.
Benn and Hurns are out.

Mickens is a ST guy, that saw a few emergency snaps in the Chargers game. I think Strong and Westbrook will be on the active list this weekend.
Also, annoying correction, he spells his first name “Jaelen”
(11-17-2017, 08:46 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Benn and Hurns are out.  

Mickens is a ST guy, that saw a few emergency snaps in the Chargers game.  I think Strong and Westbrook will be on the active list this weekend.

I actually think Strong will be one of the cuts to make room for Westbrook and Pryor and with the issues on the OL I think they'll be extra careful waiving O-linemen right now.
Mickens is a ST guy yes but on Thurday Hackett spent good words about him as a receiver as well and I think they might get him more involved at WR eventually.
Bye bye Strong. It’s like we hardly knew ya.
(11-18-2017, 09:22 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Bye bye Strong. It’s like we hardly knew ya.

Did he officially get released?
Yes, It's officially, official.