Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags in 1st Place
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow.

We are leading the AFC South after Tennessee fell to the Steelers this evening.

I ... I just don't know how to handle this.

Some things I have done since TNF wrapped up:
  1. Spray painted my face and tongue teal.
  2. Cut off all of my jeans above the knee giving me about five to six pairs of jorts.
  3. Brought my weed-eater in the house, fired it up, and revved the engine a few dozen times while screaming at the top of my lungs
  4. Showed off my karate skills to the neighborhood nurse who keeps me hydrated
Seriously, I hope folks out there feel as good as I do about all of this.
Hang on, we technically still have to beat Cleveland to truly take over 1st. But as it stands right now, that loss for Tennessee bumped us to the #3 seed!
(11-17-2017, 04:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Hang on, we technically still have to beat Cleveland to truly take over 1st. But as it stands right now, that loss for Tennessee bumped us to the #3 seed!

No, he's right. As it mathematically stands, we have a half game lead on the tacks. A win over the Browns would net us the other half.
(11-17-2017, 04:45 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2017, 04:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Hang on, we technically still have to beat Cleveland to truly take over 1st. But as it stands right now, that loss for Tennessee bumped us to the #3 seed!

No, he's right. As it mathematically stands, we have a half game lead on the tacks. A win over the Browns would net us the other half.

Yes, which I mentioned in the "we're currently the #3 seed" bit. 

But if we don't beat the Browns in 2 days, were right back to 2nd. For the record, I don't think we'll lose.
[Image: exc.gif]
Wow Mariota imploded last night!!

If that offensive line plays like that in 2 weeks against Hou that game is wide open in my opinion.

Looking at our schedule I have us pencilled in for 3 more wins and then a ? next to Seattle, followed by wins over Hou and SF. I think Santa is going to give us a win over SF and the Rams beating the Tacks on Christmas Eve.

The NYE game is massive whatever way we look at it, certainly would be good to go into that game with a 1 or more game lead and all the confidence that will bring.
(11-17-2017, 06:32 AM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Mariota imploded last night!!

If that offensive line plays like that in 2 weeks against Hou that game is wide open in my opinion.

Looking at our schedule I have us pencilled in for 3 more wins and then a ? next to Seattle, followed by wins over Hou and SF. I think Santa is going to give us a win over SF and the Rams beating the Tacks on Christmas Eve.

The NYE game is massive whatever way we look at it, certainly would be good to go into that game with a 1 or more game lead and all the confidence that will bring.

Yup it would be cool if there is nothing they can to do to affect our playoff birth going into that game. Then we beat em anyway just for confidence sake. Big Grin
It is nice to be in first but Tennessee is not that good honestly Pittsburgh losing might of been better to give us a better chance at the bye.
(11-17-2017, 09:02 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]It is nice to be in first but Tennessee is not that good honestly Pittsburgh losing might of been better to give us a better chance at the bye.

I was thinking about this but this was best. Tacks getting ready to imploded. Ain’t no way they winning two division games back to back. They gonna lose to either the clots of tinhorns. And the Steelers ain’t going 14-2 lol. They good for another 2-3 losses. They have to play the pats and they’ll just play bad against another game or two. It’s  best that we own this division right now and let the chip fall however they will
I will consider it true first place if/when we win on Sunday.
Go Jaguars. I've been ridin with yall since day 1.
Your 2017 AFC South Champions

WinsW

LossesL

TiesT

Winning PercentagePCT

Home RecordHOME

Road RecordROAD

Division RecordDIV

Conference RecordCONF

Total Points ForPF

Total Points AgainstPA

Point DifferentialDIFF

Current StreakSTRK

Jacksonville Jaguars 6 3 0 .667 3-2 3-1 2-1 6-2 226 134 +92 W3
Tennessee Titans 6 4 0 .600 4-1 2-3 2-1 5-4 222 253 -31 L1
Houston Texans 3 6 0 .333 2-3 1-3 1-2 3-4 236 241 -5 L3
Indianapolis Colts 3 7 0 .300 2-3 1-4 1-2 2-4 179 280 -101 L1
going into the last week of the season... only a two game lead would matter. A one game lead means a loss to the Titans gives them the division. We both have 1 tough game remaining (Seattle for us and Rams for them).

So... we cant afford to lose any games that we are "supposed" to win. I do think the Titans will drop a game besides the Rams... but we do not have a lot of room for mistakes if we want to win the division.
So much weighing on this Browns game. Can we fast forward to game day?
Going to be a big game on Sunday. Gonna freeze watching them in Cleveland. Driving 5 hours to see them play. Saw them in Houston earlier this season.
Current AFC playoff picture (until Sunday)

[Image: GtJzBIg.png]
That point differential though  Cool
(11-17-2017, 10:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Go Jaguars. I've been ridin with yall since day 1.

Ive been ridin with yall since day 0! Lol Go Jags!

(11-17-2017, 11:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Current AFC playoff picture (until Sunday)

[Image: GtJzBIg.png]

I wouldnt say the texans are in the hunt with a 3-6 record
(11-17-2017, 12:28 PM)Sam1jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2017, 10:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

(11-17-2017, 11:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Current AFC playoff picture (until Sunday)

I wouldnt say the texans are in the hunt with a 3-6 record
They actually listed every single team by descending record there. I cropped it at the tinhorns just to show their crappy record.
(11-17-2017, 09:42 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]I will consider it true first place if/when we win on Sunday.

Agreed.

We must take care of business this coming Sunday.

Nevertheless, it feels good to be able to say/type that in mid to late November.
Pages: 1 2