Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brooks: Jags Have Most Top-end Talent in NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But... but... Tom Coughlin!

AMIRITE?
Wow. Just wow. Caldwell is a supreme talent evaluator. With Coughlin to proly help here or there, I see this only getting stronger over the next 2-3 years which is scary for the rest of the league.
(11-17-2017, 07:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]But... but... Tom Coughlin!

AMIRITE?

Definitely not to be ignored. 

I'm of the mind that Dave was young, inexperienced and still learning from his mistakes -- but TC is the perfect component/resource to put the F.O. over the top.
We picked top 5 for a decade.
We picked top 5 for a while true, but gotta give credit where credit is due. We could've been missing on those picks like the good ol' gene smith days. So far Caldwells biggest bust was the Jokester. Can't win em all.
(11-18-2017, 02:49 AM)UInziladun Wrote: [ -> ]We picked top 5 for a while true, but gotta give credit where credit is due. We could've been missing on those picks like the good ol' gene smith days. So far Caldwells biggest bust was the Jokester. Can't win em all.

I’m probably one of the few Caldwell supporters remaining (Along with NYC) but Bortles says hello. Huge miss and in most cases a fireable offense on most teams, but based on the overall talent brought in by Caldwell he is most likely going to join a small group of GM’s that were given a chance to choose a 2nd QB. Here’s hoping he gets its right the 2nd time around to set this franchise up for the next decade plus.
I hope so man
That's EIGHT blue chip players on defense. If we count 12 starters on defense, (between nickle and base) the only ones left off were Poz, Church, Gipson, and Colvin. Maybe Abry Jones if he starts over Darius.

Man, that is one solid defensive lineup.

Should Linder have been on the list? He's currently the highest paid Center in the league, but it's pretty hard for a person like me to evaluate an offensive lineman.

(11-18-2017, 04:04 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2017, 02:49 AM)UInziladun Wrote: [ -> ]We picked top 5 for a while true, but gotta give credit where credit is due. We could've been missing on those picks like the good ol' gene smith days. So far Caldwells biggest bust was the Jokester. Can't win em all.

I’m probably one of the few Caldwell supporters remaining (Along with NYC) but Bortles says hello. Huge miss and in most cases a fireable offense on most teams, but based on the overall talent brought in by Caldwell he is most likely going to join a small group of GM’s that were given a chance to choose a 2nd QB. Here’s hoping he gets its right the 2nd time around to set this franchise up for the next decade plus.

I would never fire a GM for missing on a QB.  That position is so hit and miss, any GM could miss on a QB.
Legarrette Blount...lol.
(11-18-2017, 10:02 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]Legarrette Blount...lol.

He is averaging 4.6 ypc and 4.4 on his career.  Led the AFC last year.  Blount is a damn good back

So ya let go your talent evaluator over one QB mistake?  Wow.  And they say I'm dum...
(11-18-2017, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

He is averaging 4.6 ypc and 4.4 on his career.  Led the AFC last year.  Blount is a damn good back

Yea thats why he had such a large market in FA this year...
He sucks and is totally one dimensional. Eagles didn't trade for Ajayi and draft multiple RBs because they already had a "Damn good back"
(11-18-2017, 01:36 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2017, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He is averaging 4.6 ypc and 4.4 on his career.  Led the AFC last year.  Blount is a damn good back

Yea thats why he had such a large market in FA this year...
He sucks and is totally one dimensional. Eagles didn't trade for Ajayi and draft multiple RBs because they already had a "Damn good back"

His market wasn't that good because he is a 31 yr old power back.  AP marker wasn't that good but dies he suck too?  RBs that suck don't get 18TDs 1160 yards and average 4.5 yards a carry.  They brought in Ajayai to have fresh backs and balance, they are making a SB run.  That's like saying Abry Jones sucks since we brought in Dareus
Interesting read. I expected Oakland in the mix; guess he's mainly reflecting current records. On that list, only Jags and Vikings are missing blue QBs. Uphill battle to succeed in post season but recent models in Bmore, Seattle, and Denver have proven it can be done with elite D and fair QB.
Expect Colvin to leave as a FA next year.  Jags drafted him despite an ACL injury at OSU.  He'll get starting CB $$s.  Can't blame him.  It is a business.

Agreed, Bortles is EASILY the biggest draft miss. Funny thing is that Caldwell has missed on arguably the two biggest positions (QB and head coach), but by and large he's nailed practically every other position. His overall hit rate for free agents and draft picks is pretty damn good.
(11-18-2017, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Title reads top end talent.
(11-18-2017, 03:33 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2017, 04:04 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I’m probably one of the few Caldwell supporters remaining (Along with NYC) but Bortles says hello. Huge miss and in most cases a fireable offense on most teams, but based on the overall talent brought in by Caldwell he is most likely going to join a small group of GM’s that were given a chance to choose a 2nd QB. Here’s hoping he gets its right the 2nd time around to set this franchise up for the next decade plus.

Agreed, Bortles is EASILY the biggest draft miss. Funny thing is that Caldwell has missed on arguably the two biggest positions (QB and head coach), but by and large he's nailed practically every other position. His overall hit rate for free agents and draft picks is pretty damn good.
Yea, and it looks like he and Coughlin hit on Marrone. Let's just hope they hit on the final piece of the Super Bowl puzzle come April.
(11-18-2017, 03:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2017, 01:36 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]Yea thats why he had such a large market in FA this year...

His market wasn't that good because he is a 31 yr old power back.  AP marker wasn't that good but dies he suck too?  RBs that suck don't get 18TDs 1160 yards and average 4.5 yards a carry.  They brought in Ajayai to have fresh backs and balance, they are making a SB run.  That's like saying Abry Jones sucks since we brought in Dareus

Blount can only do one thing. His market was slim because he's a dead giveaway what the team s doing when he's on the field. He had the season of his life in NE and elsewhere has been just okay. I'd say Abry is the same quality DT as Blount is RB, "good". "Damn good" is reserved for much better players. AP's market was slim because he's ancient and has a stigma attached to him. Also everyone knew the Saints had to trade him or get nothing for him.
Pages: 1 2