Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC South is our championship to lose.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At this point.  The Jaguars control their destiny.  And if we win out.  We win the AFC South period. Feels great to be a Jags fan again!
If we win out we have the #2 seed at the minimum, possibly #1
If the raiders beat new england we in looking good with the kc loss.
Lets go Raiders
Raiders don’t even have an int for the season, imagine that. Go Jags
one week,one game at a time. lets enjoy our win over browns for 24 hours firsts.
Doesn't look like the Raiders are going to pull this off. Pittsburgh still plays the Patriots. If they lose that game and Jags win out, good chance they'll get a bye.
Aren't we one Steelers loss away from the #2 as of now? They play the Patriots later so that could be big for us.
(11-19-2017, 09:49 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't we one Steelers loss away from the #2 as of now? They play the Patriots later so that could be big for us.

Well 1st the Jaguars need to keep winning games, basically need to win out for a #2 seed chance. 

Assuming each teams wins the rest of the games leading to the NE/PIT showdown in week 15, no matter who wins we get the 2nd seed.  

We would have a better conference win record(9 wins vs 8 wins) than New England, and we obviously beat the Steelers so either way the #2 seed will be momentarily ours week 15.

If New England loses to Pittsburgh and goes 13-3, we lose the 2 seed to them. So we simply want NE handle business vs Pittsburgh and we beat them out with our head to head. 

Best case scenario is the #2 seed it seems, unless the Pats and Steelers drop a few bad losses, again assuming we run the table.  We are looking at likely at best #2 seed.
NE Remaining Schedule
Dolphins
@Bills
@Dolphins
@Steelers
Bills
Jets

PIT remaining
Packers
@Bengals
Ravens
Patriots
@Texans
Browns

Noteworthy schedule takeaways, NE has a 3 game road stretch and the Phins seem to play the Pats close at times. Steelers have A LOT of home games down the stretch, the schedule looks favorable for both teams outside of their respective game vs. each other. My opinion is we want the Steelers to lose the NE game so we get the 2 seed if we finish with the same record as Pittsburgh, if we win out of course. If we tie with New England @13-3 they will take any seeding over us.
We control our own destiny but I don't think there is anyway we run the table. The offense has to play scared most of the time. That being said I still like our chances to win the division. All that the team needs to focus on is getting healthy and trying to find something that will work in Arizona. Amazing how we can look pretty solid against the Steelers and Ravens offensively but then struggle against everybody else.
Trying to post a pic from my phone
Jags and Titians have a similar schedule at this point. Both teams only play one good team. (not counting the week 17 game)

Sad thing is I will be cheering for the Colts to beat the Titians. Rare.
We have a Cardinals team to take care of and I really think the clots can handle the tacks. At least I hope so. Unlike years past, the Jags truly control how far they want to go. So far, they have not been reliant on outside forces to will them a win. This team battles through mistakes and takes what it wants. Awesome!