Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: #3 seed!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you Giants!
Lets go Raiders lol
(11-19-2017, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Lets go Raiders lol

THIS X 100!!
I want Carr to have the game of his life!!

If the Raiders win....what is the tie breaker for the 2nd seed. Anyone know?
(11-19-2017, 05:39 PM)Hitch Wrote: [ -> ]

If the Raiders win....what is the tie breaker for the 2nd seed. Anyone know?

Nevermind....Looks like Won/Lost/Tied record in Conference....NE beat both the Jets and the Chargers.
One good thing is that the current 1st and 2nd seeds (New England and Pittsburgh) play each other later this year.  If Pittsburgh loses (and all else being equal), Pittsburgh would be tied with us, but we would get the tie breaker because we beat them head to head.

If New England loses, it would be more complicated.  We don't play them head to head.  AFC record would the first tie breaker, but assuming both teams win out, both would have the same conference record.  The next tie breaker is common games.  Again, if we assume New England loses to Pittsburgh, I believe our common games would also be even.  It then goes to strength of victory.  I don't know on that one, but I'm guessing it favors New England.
Lets just stop the season now, and bring on Buffalo ( or Baltimore, not sure who has that tiebreaker).
So crazy to be talking about playoff seeds instead of draft order this time of year...
Wonder if strength of victory is net points. Currently had we won either the tacks or the jets game we would be the current number 1 seed, Based on conf record.
Strength of victory is the win percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/8/1...-explained
(11-19-2017, 06:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]One good thing is that the current 1st and 2nd seeds (New England and Pittsburgh) play each other later this year.  If Pittsburgh loses (and all else being equal), Pittsburgh would be tied with us, but we would get the tie breaker because we beat them head to head.

If New England loses, it would be more complicated.  We don't play them head to head.  AFC record would the first tie breaker, but assuming both teams win out, both would have the same conference record.  The next tie breaker is common games.  Again, if we assume New England loses to Pittsburgh, I believe our common games would also be even.  It then goes to strength of victory.  I don't know on that one, but I'm guessing it favors New England.

In short, if we tied NE w/l wise we lose the seeding to them, common opponents plus SOS has them taking it. PIT is who we want to lose that game so we lock up the 2 seed if we tie their w/l record. Then we can get some crummy team from WC weekend come to our house as the #2 seed and we rock them. I think we would smoke the Ravens, Steelers, or Chiefs in our house. Titans worry me if they make the playoffs.
Best case scenario is we win the division and end up tied with Pittsburgh. In which case we'd take the pivotal #2 spot and get that bye week. Like someone said the Patriots and Steelers will play each other. I doubt we run the table. But the Steelers still play at Cincinnati and at Houston. The Steelers have 4 of their last 6 at home. Outside of the Pats game I don't see them losing to any of the others. They have a light schedule to finish off. Maybe the Ravens can give em a run.
We want to get the 2 and NE the 1 and then have the Chiefs go win in Foxboro again.