Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The curse lifted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sitting at 7-3 and on top of the division, it's a new beginning in Jaguars football

It was the old messageboard that held the curse on the Jaguars for the last 10 years after all.
Lol
Wait, so it wasn't the O-zone?
(11-19-2017, 10:34 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, so it wasn't the O-zone?

LOL

I'll never understand that one.  In fact the board has been loaded with all kinds of weird theories based on irrational causation lately. 

Curses, lucky pennies, teal jerseys, home games vs away games, the every other week thing etc. 

How about we just finally have enough talented football players and competent coaches to win games?  Maybe that's just too simple for some people.
(11-19-2017, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL

I'll never understand that one.  In fact the board has been loaded with all kinds of weird theories based on irrational causation lately. 

Curses, lucky pennies, teal jerseys, home games vs away games, the every other week thing etc. 

How about we just finally have enough talented football players and competent coaches to win games?  Maybe that's just too simple for some people.

But the conspiracy theories are way more fun. You have to admit
I think it's because we actually have a front office that can evaluate talent now. I remember Gene Smoth brought in a guy from Colorado School of Mines as an UDFA. What a day to be alive back then
I love the internet.
[Image: illuminati]
Sshhhhhhhh!!!!!

Why don't you stare in the mirror and say, "Candyman" three times while you're at it.
(11-19-2017, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL

Let's not get carried away.
(11-19-2017, 11:10 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's because we actually have a front office that can evaluate talent now. I remember Gene Smoth brought in a guy from Colorado School of Mines as an UDFA. What a day to be alive back then

We've had a FO that could evaluate talent since Caldwell got here.

What we didn't have is a guy who understood how important veterans and ST are or could be.  With Coughlin, now we do.  Now we have veteran leadership, and the young guys we drafted have matured to the point we're winning.

Just because not every player is out the box a superstar, doesn't mean they are bad players overall.