Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: First home playoff game since we beat Robert Edwards and the Pats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If we take the AFC South crown will this be our first home playoff game since we beat the Patriots back in the 90s? 

At this point I don't even care. We are a long ways from Gus Bradley. Wow guys we have a 95% chance of making the playoffs!
I think we've only had 1 home playoff game which was in 99' when we made Marino retire
(11-19-2017, 11:31 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]I think we've only had 1 home playoff game which was in 99' when we made Marino retire

The other playoff game in '99 was in Jacksonville.
(11-19-2017, 10:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If we take the AFC South crown will this be our first home playoff game since we beat the Patriots back in the 90s? 

At this point I don't even care. We are a long ways from Gus Bradley. Wow guys we have a 95% chance of making the playoffs!

We've had 3 home playoff games in team history.  The '98 wildcard game against the Pats and the '99 games against the Dolphins and tacks.  We're 2-1 at home in the playoffs with the loss being against the tacks in the AFC championship.

If we end up hosting a playoff game this season, it will have been 18 years since the last time that happened.
(11-19-2017, 11:31 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]I think we've only had 1 home playoff game which was in 99' when we made Marino retire

We retired several quarterbacks over the years around '99. Elway, Kelly and Marino. Those were fun times. Well maybe not Elway, but was a crushing defeat in '97.

Seems to be getting fun again. Wink

We've had three home playoff games, for the record.

After the 1998 season, we hosted New England and beat them in the wild card round.

After the 1999 season, we hosted Miami in the divisional round, then the AFC Championship game.
I was 9 years old when we beat the Patriots lol. I literally thought we have never beat them in the post season, hard to remember that far back. Everyone has already ran it down for you, 99 is the year we hosted 2 playoff games.

This year would be the 1st time in a long time, and I cannot wait/hope we get the #3 or #2 seed! We could really use the extra week to get our guys in good health.
Scott Zolak.
(11-20-2017, 07:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Scott Zolak.

Ben Coats
Didn't the Jags lose their last home playoff game -- to the Titans

Which was the third time that year the Titans beat the Jags

Jeff Fisher referred to Altell stadium as a home stadium for the Titans.
(11-20-2017, 07:09 PM)The Hammer Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't the Jags lose their last home playoff game -- to the Titans

Didn't the Tacks lose their last opportunity to go to the playoffs last year -- to the Jaguars
(11-19-2017, 10:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If we take the AFC South crown will this be our first home playoff game since we beat the Patriots back in the 90s? 

How could you forget about the 1999 playoffs? That was the highest and lowest point of this franchise’s history.
(11-20-2017, 07:09 PM)The Hammer Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't the Jags lose their last home playoff game -- to the Titans

Which was the third time that year the Titans beat the Jags

Jeff Fisher referred to Altell stadium as a home stadium for the Titans.

Look, a tack troll! Funny you haven't posted since when? Don't bother to look, it was right before the Thursday game last week. You remember the game that put you from a division leader to a slim 1 game wild card lead, and exposed your current quarterback as a fraud?
(11-20-2017, 08:16 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Ben Coats

Coates, actually. Wasn't Robert Edwards the RB from Georgia (?) who tore up his knee playing volleyball on the beach at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii? He was never the same after that. Never thought I'd see that name in a thread title here.
(11-20-2017, 09:02 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 08:16 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Ben Coats

Coates, actually. Wasn't Robert Edwards the RB from Georgia (?) who tore up his knee playing volleyball on the beach at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii? He was never the same after that. Never thought I'd see that name in a thread title here.

Yes he was, I don't remember him playing after that. Maybe in wrong, which I am. 1998 with New England, destroyed his knee, came back for 20 carries in Miami in 2002. He played his last 3 years in Canada.
Sucks living in Vermont , games are streamed or gameday is spent in the car with Sirius . I have gone to the last 2 preseason games in Gillette (11 and 17).  However I am chomping at the bit this year at a possible playoff game up here! Sure I would be walking in with a big teal target on my back, but no worse than walking into the Garden in 87 decked out in my purple and gold for a Laker game. 15 years old getting beer thrown at me.