Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: GOAT Killers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How cool would it be for us to wrap the career of (arguably) another greatest QB of all time, just as we did in 99' to the tune of 62-7?  I was there, and tho it was a bit sad to see Marino go out that way, it was counterbalanced big-time by the unrestrained glee at ending JJ's coaching career.  Seriously, I know Brady wants to play 4 or 5 more years, but it would be awesome in the playoffs to help nudge him closer to the door.
Getting waaaay ahead of ourselves. But it would be nice.
First we need to help AP and Fitz, get one step closer
Don't forget about closing out Jim Kelly's career in the 1996 playoffs, and you could argue we contributed on closing out Troy Aikman's on a monstrous sack and concussion by Tony Brackens in 2000. He only won 2 more games in 2000 which was his last year.
Waaay ahead of ourselves. Let's worry about beating a much improved (from what I watched) Gabbert first. Even though I hate the cliche', let's go one game at a time.
It would be nice. Brady right now is holding the best of all time TD / INT ratio in a 2 year span for QBs (I saw that stat prior to their game yesterday).
He is doing this without big time WRs and in the "twilight" of his career.
It would really be something if this Jags defense can shut that down.