Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans! Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots are announcing the Jaguars @ KC Chiefs game for The NFL On CBS this Sunday, http://506sports.com/
All of our friends in the upper midwest get to see the Jags get slaughtered...

Thanks jags02
Ugh. Solomon Wilcotts. As if the game itself won't be bad enough.
Kill me now.

Quote:Ugh. Solomon Wilcotts. As if the game itself won't be bad enough.

Spero Dedes sucks too.
Most every game in the time slot looks like garbage, it might just be a redzone day. 

Quote:Most every game in the time slot looks like garbage, it might just be a redzone day. 

Someone try to explain why the Cowboys/Browns game is getting a lot of coverage. It will be a blowout.

Minnesota at Detroit is not garbage.
Quote:Someone try to explain why the Cowboys/Browns game is getting a lot of coverage. It will be a blowout.

Minnesota at Detroit is not garbage.

The game is in Minnesota.   The two teams will be playing in Detroit 17 days later on Thanksgiving Day.  

As for the answer to your question,  my take is Dallas has a huge national following and is 6-1.   They will be featured often on Sunday Afternoon's for the rest of the season.
Quote:  The game is in Minnesota.   The two teams will be playing in Detroit 17 days later on Thanksgiving Day.  

As for the answer to your question,  my take is Dallas has a huge national following and is 6-1.   They will be featured often on Sunday Afternoon's for the rest of the season.

Dallas is featured prominently even when they lose.  Now that they are 6-1, oh look out they are going to be everywhere.  As we get into conference and division play, the slate gets a bit more regional.

Honestly the networks only like the AFC East, AFC North, NFC East and NFC North.  They get dragged into the NFC West and AFC West when they have to.  Both South divisions are the cast offs and often ignored.  But honestly I don't blame the National media this year for ignoring the AFC South.  Our division is awful.  If the Jaguars reality matched the summer hype train, then we would be seeing different coverage. 
I'm not watching the game this Sunday, and I feel great about it. I'll be watching my son play in a baseball tournament instead. I expect the game to be a blow out, and I will be doing something else worthwhile. If the Jags miracously win the game, I would probably buy the NFL pass so that I can watch the game online at a later date, to see what I missed. But seeing that we are 40 point underdogs, the NFL will most likely not be getting my money. And there you have it, lost revenue to the NFL, due to lack of competitive games. Which is the reason I'm not seeing many Jags games broadcast on my local channels.
Quote:I'm not watching the game this Sunday, and I feel great about it. I'll be watching my son play in a baseball tournament instead. I expect the game to be a blow out, and I will be doing something else worthwhile. If the Jags miracously win the game, I would probably buy the NFL pass so that I can watch the game online at a later date, to see what I missed. But seeing that we are 40 point underdogs, the NFL will most likely not be getting my money. And there you have it, lost revenue to the NFL, due to lack of competitive games. Which is the reason I'm not seeing many Jags games broadcast on my local channels.

I tired hard to convince Mom we need a recorder, not the basic cable box Without a recorder, I have to miss all football games in two weeks, including trips to Buffalo and Detroit.
That's great/terrible that I'll get to watch the game locally.

Quote:Dallas is featured prominently even when they lose.  Now that they are 6-1, oh look out they are going to be everywhere.  As we get into conference and division play, the slate gets a bit more regional.

Honestly the networks only like the AFC East, AFC North, NFC East and NFC North.  They get dragged into the NFC West and AFC West when they have to.  Both South divisions are the cast offs and often ignored.  But honestly I don't blame the National media this year for ignoring the AFC South.  Our division is awful.  If the Jaguars reality matched the summer hype train, then we would be seeing different coverage. 

What also jumps out is how many times the Cowboys are on National TV this season after coming off a 4-12 season.    The typical team that comes off a 4-12 season probably isn't on National TV more than once.   

The Colts and Saints probably received more TV game and overall exposure than the other teams in the South Divisions largely because of the QB position.  The Panthers started getting more exposure with the emergence of Cam Newton.    If the Jaguars can at least get Mark Brunell caliber QB play again,  that by itself would probably increase the TV exposure.   The Texans probably won't get the type of exposure that's associated with 9-7 teams until their QB improves on a much more consistent basis.