Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith may be the greatest pick in a decade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The guy is a leader, a monster on the field and a great human being off it. The guy put other NFL players on blast for charging kids for their off season camps! He sets the tempo for the defense. They feed off his energy. He might be the most important defensive player to have on the field every Sunday. What a steal!
To me, Telvin Smith means Jaguars football. He is so Duval. We/they are lucky.
What is scary is......Ramsey is twice as good at what he does.
Eventually we're going to lose some of these guys to free agency, can't keep them all. Nearly the entire defense is arguably pro-bowl quality. But we can enjoy it while it lasts!
(11-20-2017, 07:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]What is scary is......Ramsey is twice as good at what he does.

I think Ramsey is the Yang, the Dark Half. Telvin is all smile, Jalen is all scowl.
Oh yeah. Jalen is always in a mean, bad mood. He's like a cat who boxes the annoying dogs ears in.
YA FEEL ME
I love this dude. My buddy was claiming we got a great player when we drafted him. I wasn't fully sure tbh. He is now my favorite player in the team. Embodies everything passion, leadership, hustle, and skill. If he doesn't get considered for defensive player of the year and pro bowl, I'm gonna be livid.
(11-20-2017, 07:26 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Eventually we're going to lose some of these guys to free agency, can't keep them all. Nearly the entire defense is arguably pro-bowl quality. But we can enjoy it while it lasts!

With the rising salary cap I’d like to take that bet
He's a core piece as is Jail'n. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon. The tough part is going to be replacing Campbell (and Church too) in a couple of years when age catches up to him. Malik is still relatively young at 27. Campbell is not only making plays himself, but I think he's making everyone else's job along the line a lot easier as well and guys like that are a rare commodity.
Has more TDs than some of the WRs
I love Telvin but the Yannick pick was better.
(11-20-2017, 07:26 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Eventually we're going to lose some of these guys to free agency, can't keep them all. Nearly the entire defense is arguably pro-bowl quality. But we can enjoy it while it lasts!

Probably more likely to see guys like Jackson and Ivory cut to make room for young talent on the team. Jackson has played well, but not sure if its $90 million well. There is some room for the cap to keep these guys. 

The only way we lose most of them is if they simply do not want to resign here. We should be able to make the cap space to keep them.
(11-20-2017, 09:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I love Telvin but the Yannick pick was better.

Dude is playing like the number 1 overall pick.