Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How much longer can we go without Arob?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Westbrook had a nice first game. Got robbed on the sideline toe drag. He fumbled and dropped a pass.

Hurns is still nursing the ankle
Lee seems to drop atleast 1 pass per game.

We continue to win games without one of our best players in Arob. 

Sure would have been nice to have him along for the ride. Sooner or later were gonna face a good defense.
We have faced a bunch of good defenses.
Touche
The passing game hurts because ARob and Hurns are out, Lee cant catch, and the Tight Ends are pedestrian. The blocking hasn't been good recently and Bad Blake is still hanging around as well. All in all that phase is in shambles as much as the defense is great.
I'm afraid that one of Lee's drops will cause our team to lose. Much like the infamous Northcutt drop against NE in the playoffs.

We atleast need Hurns back by playoff time. He's a proven WR that can take some pressure off Lee.

I wouldn't call our TE pedestrian. All he does is catch TDs. I think almost 50% of his catches are TDs
(11-20-2017, 07:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that one of Lee's drops will cause our team to lose. Much like the infamous Northcutt drop against NE in the playoffs.

We atleast need Hurns back by playoff time. He's a proven WR that can take some pressure off Lee.

I wouldn't call our TE pedestrian. All he does is catch TDs. I think almost 50% of his catches are TDs

Lee dropped the Jets game already this year, and people forget how many BB5 picks are courtesy of Lee deflections. 

Lewis has 5 TDs, something like 15 catches, the whole group maybe 20? They are very pedestrian.
Lee gets open but he's got stone-hands and catch make the big passes like ARob did. Hurns has regressed and isn't the tough playmaker catching passes in the middle like he did 2 years ago.  

Gotta hope that Cole and Westbrook get better as the season goes along.
(11-20-2017, 07:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 07:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that one of Lee's drops will cause our team to lose. Much like the infamous Northcutt drop against NE in the playoffs.

Lee dropped the Jets game already this year, and people forget how many BB5 picks are courtesy of Lee deflections. 

Lewis has 5 TDs, something like 15 catches, the whole group maybe 20? They are very pedestrian.

Yeah our TE position has been pedestrian since Kyle Brady left.
Lee has 6 drops in 2017.

It's a ghastly bad number, but not as bad as many here seem to be re-imagining it to be. His completion percentage when targeted - while not great - actually ranks above players like: Dez Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, TY Hilton, Travis Benjamin, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins etc, etc.

Regarding his deflections for picks, I'm pretty sure that number is only "1" in 2017.

I'm much more worried about the O-Line getting healthy than Lee, Cole and Westbrook. That's a dangerous enough group of receivers to win with if the run game is working to compliment it.
As it stands - the line is negatively affecting both the run and pass. Moreso than not having #15.
I said it from teh beginning, Robinson is the CLEAR CUT #1 on this team. He's been that way since he first broke in.

And I always kinda thought Lee was overrated on here...of course it's easy to say that with hindsight and everything..
I am sure we can go all year. Since even in playoffs. Can't return due to NFL rules.

Robinson, Lee, H urns/Westbrook than Cole is how I see things.
Looks like we can go pretty far without him. This is what the this team is. Heavy run game, elite defense average at best qb play. They have a formula that allows them to beat anybody. That’s one art of the equation but remember it was built for just this year. They will evaluate and improve the offense next year as well and keep building this thing.
(11-20-2017, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lee has 6 drops in 2017.  

It's a ghastly bad number, but not as bad as many here seem to be re-imagining it to be.  His completion percentage when targeted - while not great - actually ranks above players like: Dez Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, TY Hilton, Travis Benjamin, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins etc, etc.

Regarding his deflections for picks, I'm pretty sure that number is only "1" in 2017.

I'm much more worried about the O-Line getting healthy than Lee, Cole and Westbrook.  That's a dangerous enough group of receivers to win with if the run game is working to compliment it.
As it stands - the line is negatively affecting both the run and pass. Moreso than not having #15.

I totally agree with you about the offensive line concerns. Cam Robinson has had 2 consecutive games in which he didn't play well. Whether it's due to not being 100% or just hitting the "rookie wall" I don't know. He will need to bounce back. On a positive note, Reed got very positive reviews from both Lageman and Boselli at left guard. If he can continue to play at that level, they'll be in good shape at that position going forward. Parnell also needs to return soon since I don't trust Wells.

As far as missing A. Rob, it goes without saying that they miss their best offensive player. That being said, I believe this team can and will continue to win despite his absence. The guys they have left are "good enough," especially since Westbrook should continue to improve each game. It all goes back to the offensive line and Fournette remaining healthy. If those things happen, the Jaguars have as good a chance as anyone not named New England to make it to the AFC Championship game.
I say this like every other week but people continue to troll me. We should sign an old vet with great hands.
(11-20-2017, 03:17 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]I say this like every other week but people continue to troll me. We should sign an old vet with great hands.
I think Dede needs more burn but what vet are you talking about? Who's out there on the street they can sign?
(11-20-2017, 03:17 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]I say this like every other week but people continue to troll me. We should sign an old vet with great hands.

Like who? Who is getting cut to make room? They already released one WR. I think you will see the TE O'Shaughnessy get more looks.

I can say this every week too, but unless you give a viable NFL receiver you're only typing on a keyboard.  Don't give us used up receivers as options either.  Most people aren't on NFL rosters now for a reason.
We are going to finish the season without ARob obviously. No point in wondering what if. To say Hurns has regressed may be somewhat true. He blew up in '15 and regressed in '16 but I think he's stepped up nicely since ARob went down. Hopefully he will be back in a week or two. Right now we are pretty much stuck with what we have. There are no playmakers out there right that are available. Except maybe TO or Ochocinco haha..right now our biggest problem isn't WR. We have faced two pretty good dLineds in the chargers and (yes I'm serious) the Browns. When CRob is not 100% and two other starters are out, we are going to struggle. The offense as a whole will improve when those guys get healthy. Don't hit the panic button just yet

There's nobody out there the team can just go out and get who has great hands and he's just sitting on the street.  Our receiver situation is what it is at this point.
(11-20-2017, 05:51 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]

There's nobody out there the team can just go out and get who has great hands and he's just sitting on the street.  Our receiver situation is what it is at this point.

I bet there is.  NFL teams are infatuated with height weight speed guys.  Hands seem to be an afterthought.  And you only keep 5 or 6 WRs on your roster.  Which means you almost always keep the rookie WR who has potential and let go of the aging vet.  I bet there are 100 possession WR types sitting out there right now waiting for a call as WRs start getting injured for the year.
Pages: 1 2