Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This from MMQBSI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good piece, but it seems guys forget we demolished the Steelers in the same fashion and had some offense to go with it.

"It’s a defense that’s capable of winning games on its own, which it did Sunday at Cleveland, forcing five turnovers and scoring a touchdown. Of course, it’s one thing to do that against the Browns, it’s another to do it against a contender (or even just a team that, you know, has a win)."

Uh, yes. We did, to the 5 win Ravens and 8 win Steelers. Both of which as of now are playoff seeded teams. Outside of poor special teams performance vs/ The Rams, we did it there too. So, not sure what he means. We have been consistently great on defense even against some of the best teams in the league.
The article betrays the writer's bias. He describes intercptions that never happened (end zone int against the chargers?) And the tone of the article is pump the brakes on a team that seems to have a good defense but won't be able to win against good opponents.

As was previously mentioned the team has multiple wins against quality opponents. I'm not sure the Jaguars can go far in the playoffs, but there's definitely still a tone of disrespect to the article regarding the team as a whole.
The tone would have been accurate if he didn't go the opponent quality route and instead hammered that if/when we have to rely on the offense to win for whatever reason it hasn't happened.
The whole they cant beat good teams narrative is gonna be there. We have a weak schedule down the stretch. Beat the tacks in their house on New Years Eve (Ill be there), and beat a few teams in January and we can make it a moot point.
(11-20-2017, 07:54 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]The whole they cant beat good teams narrative is gonna be there. We have a weak schedule down the stretch. Beat the tacks in their house on New Years Eve (Ill be there), and beat a few teams in January and we can make it a moot point.

We're gonna be resting starters that week.
"They have fantastic spatial recognition"

Nerd!
(11-20-2017, 07:54 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]The whole they cant beat good teams narrative is gonna be there. We have a weak schedule down the stretch. Beat the tacks in their house on New Years Eve (Ill be there), and beat a few teams in January and we can make it a moot point.

This is the argument for half the teams that make the playoffs.  It's not even a discussion point.  The Ravens haven't beaten anyone of note, same for the Titans.  The Steelers actually have some notable wins, but they've lost to us and the Bears.

If you want to talk about weak schedules down the stretch, look at the Steelers and Pats schedules.  Other than playing each other, its a cake walk.
Hate the weak schedule argument. It's the NFL. You still have to line up and play decent football. Nobody sleepwalks through the season and ends up with a winning record.

We've all talked about this type of nonsense before. If the Jags did make it deep into the playoffs or won a Super Bowl, the media would never admit the Jags were good, it would be strictly because the competition was bad. We see it every week so far. "The (insert team) had a tough outing today." Some talking heads won't even say the team name. Meh... Just win baby!
(11-20-2017, 12:12 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Hate the weak schedule argument. It's the NFL. You still have to line up and play decent football. Nobody sleepwalks through the season and ends up with a winning record.

We've all talked about this type of nonsense before. If the Jags did make it deep into the playoffs or won a Super Bowl, the media would never admit the Jags were good, it would be strictly because the competition was bad. We see it every week so far. "The (insert team) had a tough outing today." Some talking heads won't even say the team name. Meh... Just win baby!

Agreed.
Weak schedule? In the NFL teams and parity changes weekly. Injuries mount up. Bad teams perform better than expected... good teams play poorly some weeks.

There are 32 NFL teams and rarely is any game a "gimme".
This how it starts out. Mark my words, if the Jags do....IT....the national media will rain down hate in sheets – They don’t like being wrong.
(11-20-2017, 01:30 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]This how it starts out. Mark my words, if the Jags do....IT....the national media will rain down hate in sheets – They don’t like being wrong.

Agreed... the narrative will be weak schedule, bad AFC, and somehow they'll throw in we got a luck bounce or two...

All the while ignoring, owning the AFCN.... dragging a barely average QB to the wins... playing against the refs seemingly every week we get closer to IT....

Whatevs though... Like I've said before.. I don't care if every team is beat up with injuries down the stretch, we got em too. I don't care if other teams are perceived as weak... cuz we're trotting out Blake frickin Bortles every week... I don't care if we get no love, cuz as a Jags fan since day 1 it'll be as enjoyable as anything, despite what they say and who we play.
That ring and banner would be nice to show off... Especially to the tack and tinhorn trolls.
Yeah I hate when they mention the other teams injuries as an excuse as if we haven't had any. We lost our #1 receiver day one. We've also played without our LT, Center, RB and lost our long snapper in the middle of a close game.
I know it's exciting times to be a Jaguars fan right now, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with all the Super Bowl talk. The playoffs are a different animal. And playoff refs are a different animal too.
(11-20-2017, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's exciting times to be a Jaguars fan right now, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with all the Super Bowl talk.  The playoffs are a different animal.  And playoff refs are a different animal too.

A zebra of a different stripe, so to speak?
He also said Pizzagate was fake news. In a football column. So he's a paid shill.