Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus presser today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@mike_e_kaye Bradley says he hasn't seen the offense play fast or hard this season, which why they made the move.

Lol, doesnt that fall on the head coach.
@samsportsline Gus: Offensively, I wasn't sure what was going to change next week if we didn't make a change. I think Nate is very capable.
@samsportsline Gus Monday presser "There was no final straw (with former OC Greg Olson) I just felt like the offense needed to be stimulated in other ways"
@samsportsline Gus: You probably won't see much personnel change, but they may be utilized differently with Nathaniel as OC.
@RealMBB Gus pretty much called out Bortles for the offense playing like [BLEEP] this season. “… hasn’t seen the offense play hard.” - #Jaguars
@mike_e_kaye Bradley spoke with Marrone and he was happy with his comfort level with Hackett. He thinks move will reflect well on OL with protections.
@samsportsline Gus on Shad: It's a challenging time and he's been unbelievable. He believes in the culture and the process we have here.

Gus not going anywhere

Dead man walking.

Can you imagine how pissed Marrone is right now? You know he probably thought he would get an interim gig the 2nd half of the season which could have lead to another HC opportunity somewhere else. Instead he will continue to rot away under Gus.

Quote:Dead man walking.
This lol
If Hackett's tweaked offense hangs 20 or more on the chefs before garbage time, then it makes the move a good one. 

Otherwise, it's the scapegoat firing we've all assumed it is. 

chefs are allowing a fair amount of yards to the pass and the run but are stingy in points allowed. (19.6 per game)

Quote:@mike_e_kaye Bradley says he hasn't seen the offense play fast or hard this season, which why they made the move.

Lol, doesnt that fall on the head coach.

No, the last 55 games were not Gus' responsibility.

The new era / rebuild begins today.   Gus is now responsible for the play of the team.
Quote:Can you imagine how [BAD WORD REMOVED] Marrone is right now? You know he probably thought he would get an interim gig the 2nd half of the season which could have lead to another HC opportunity somewhere else. Instead he will continue to rot away under Gus.

Marrone is the dude on the left ....... thinkin' what the [BLEEP]

[Image: koreasum-3388810b-1439801880194.jpg]
Wait a minute... I thought we were pressing too hard?!?

Quote:Can you imagine how [BAD WORD REMOVED] Marrone is right now? You know he probably thought he would get an interim gig the 2nd half of the season which could have lead to another HC opportunity somewhere else. Instead he will continue to rot away under Gus.

My guess is that he's probably feeling like he has dodged a bullet at this point.  Let Gus ride this dumpster fire out the rest of the year and then see if he gets an opportunity to go after the opening.  
Gus is flailing bad...throwing anyone and anything under the bus.

This is now a huge foul on Caldwell/Khan for not canning him before...and for still allowing him to run this team in to the ground.

Quote:Gus is flailing bad...throwing anyone and anything under the bus.

This is now a huge foul on Caldwell/Khan for not canning him before...and for still allowing him to run this team in to the ground.
Khan just wants to be a man of his word.

"No change mid-season" means no change mid season.

He'll be gone at years end. And the entire staff will be replaced, imo.

Caldwell likely keeps his job. While he hasn't been perfect he's still done a pretty good job acquiring talent.
Quote:......This is now a huge foul on Caldwell/Khan for not canning him before...and for still allowing him to run this team in to the ground.

It's already in the ground after all the draft picks and FA signings......it's not a lick better. Khan will fulfill his word but gus is toast....and maybe Dave too. 

But I bet Khan doesn't let the inmates run the asylum from here out. Not Jerry Jones style but he's going to be a lot more involved.

I know I would be.
Quote:Gus not going anywhere

Things are so bad, even Trump wants Gus deported.
Pretty excited about the upcoming game. Just for the simple reason of wanting to see our offense play differently. Hopefully we'll see a more efficient offense.

With the that said. If it's the same old crap, it's pretty much killed whatever energy I'll have for the rest of the season until bigger changes take effect.
Pages: 1 2