Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler Props
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been a lot of talk about this defensive line and the obvious two, Yannick and Campbell. Since week two there has been a silent killer: Fowler. When he gets subbed in he has been straight killing his guy. The forced fumble for a touchdown yesterday he threw the right tackle five yards back and on his rear. His ability to use speed and power now is getting dangerous! I was worried Fowler's game wasn't going to mature. Glad to see him understand when to use certain techniques to his advantage.
He also played some LB yesterday I saw about 4 plays, he did pretty good in coverage too

On one of Kizer's bad throws Fowler could have had an INT but he was covering the TE very well and missed it
Should have a TD too but for poor officiating.
(11-20-2017, 10:42 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]He also played some LB yesterday I saw about 4 plays, he did pretty good in coverage too

On one of Kizer's bad throws Fowler could have had an INT but he was covering the TE very well and missed it

I thought he was playing on the dline and dropped into coverage.  He was always good in coverage though, was one of the best coverage LBs in college
(11-20-2017, 11:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 10:42 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]He also played some LB yesterday I saw about 4 plays, he did pretty good in coverage too

I thought he was playing on the dline and dropped into coverage.  He was always good in coverage though, was one of the best coverage LBs in college

I saw 4 down linemen on a few of those plays and he was standing the whole time

Yea he was pretty solid in coverage at UF
Love his motor. That guy never gives up on a play.
Fowler is really looking good. 

This defense is so good at stuffing opponents on early downs,, it's enabling them to use Fowler quite often to his strengths. He comes in on alot of passing downs, and can "pin his ears back" using his speed and power to flat out rush the QB. 

Obviously, he's also playing on other downs and situations too. But, his strengths are being utilized often. 

He's a really good player. The defense is so stacked with talent.
The biggest thing for me is that he’s knocked off the bone headed penalties
Definitely outperforming Vic Beasley this year. They have around the same snap count and Fowler has 2.5 more sacks and is clearly the superior run defender.
(11-20-2017, 01:52 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely outperforming Vic Beasley this year. They have around the same snap count and Fowler has 2.5 more sacks and is clearly the superior run defender.

Shhhhhhhhhh.... don’t make me get out my charts. 

I hope Fowler continues to work on his technique.  I feel like he’s a guy that can keep improving over the next 2-3 seasons.
Fowler has been very good this year and is living up to where he was drafted.

Imagine that! A first round hit instead of a first round miss. We've been hitting on first round picks for the past 3 years in a row. Prior to that this team has been a factory of sadness regarding drafting in the first round. We've had many more first round misses than hits since this team's inception.