Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs Cardinals..... And Gabbert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Arians confirmed that Gabbert will start against the Jags this upcoming Sunday. Campbell going against his former team.... I am so pumped for this game already!
Ol Gabbie didn't look too bad against the tinhorns. Looks more decisive and throws looked pretty accurate. He even stood in the pocket a time or two without going fetal. With that said, I don't remember the tinhorn D hitting him too often. I think it was 2 sacks and a fumble.
Opening Vegas Line has Jaguars -4 @ Arizona

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-j...0769691/15
Gabbert looked pretty good in the preseason too... We turn up the pressure, and I expect he'll fold though.
Here's a sad little nugget, Blaine has a higher passer rating than Blake. Yuck!
Cardinals have ensured we will win this game. Gabs will get sacked 7 times and throw 3 picks. Gabs has always been trash and nothing has changed but the teams on his chest.

Texans ate good and we will feast
(11-20-2017, 03:54 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a sad little nugget, Blaine has a higher passer rating than Blake. Yuck!

Blaine has Larry..
Larry Fitz vs Ramsey is going to be fun to watch. I sadly think this is the week Ramsey gets beat once or twice..Fitz is still playing at a crazy level but it will only make Ramsey better in the long run. Still, AP can't get good blocking but he is very good at putting his head down and taking the little bit of room he can. We have to be gap disciplined more than ever this coming matchup. Take away the running room and force Blaine into throwing and we can win this game
(11-20-2017, 04:04 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Larry Fitz vs Ramsey is going to be fun to watch. I sadly think this is the week Ramsey gets beat once or twice..Fitz is still playing at a crazy level but it will only make Ramsey better in the long run. Still, AP can't get good blocking but he is very good at putting his head down and taking the little bit of room he can. We have to be gap disciplined more than ever this coming matchup. Take away the running room and force Blaine into throwing and we can win this game

The entire back end will need to play tight. What Fitz doesn't have in speed he has in finding pockets in the D. Ramsey will have to get hands on Fitz at the line and hopefully Gip or Church will be playing close by. The LBs can handle the TEs and other receivers. Not sure we have truly doubled up a player this year but this might be the first game we should.
(11-20-2017, 04:12 PM)I B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 04:04 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Larry Fitz vs Ramsey is going to be fun to watch. I sadly think this is the week Ramsey gets beat once or twice..Fitz is still playing at a crazy level but it will only make Ramsey better in the long run. Still, AP can't get good blocking but he is very good at putting his head down and taking the little bit of room he can. We have to be gap disciplined more than ever this coming matchup. Take away the running room and force Blaine into throwing and we can win this game

The entire back end will need to play tight. What Fitz doesn't have in speed he has in finding pockets in the D. Ramsey will have to get hands on Fitz at the line and hopefully Gip or Church will be playing close by. The LBs can handle the TEs and other receivers. Not sure we have truly doubled up a player this year but this might be the first game we should.

Yeah we not finna double Fitzgerald lol. He’s slow. Still can make great catches but Gabbert has to be willing to make the throw. I don’t foresee that happening. Ramsey or Bouye can lock him up if need be. I mean he will make a few catches maybe get 60 or 70 yards but he ain’t gonna take over this games. To much speed on defense
(11-20-2017, 04:12 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

And apparently John Brown is going to be out with turf toe.

Gabbert and the Cards Oline will have their hands full. Arizona is top 10 in sacks allowed this season.
Gabbert  may be able to take this game over....with Leftwich as QB coach  Rolleyes Laughing Tongue
Once our defense starts getting in gabberts face and puts him on his butt, you'll be seeing the ol gabs we know. Sniffs pressure and folds. Him and osweiler have the same panicky reaction to pressure.
(11-20-2017, 04:31 PM)Hitch Wrote: [ -> ]Gabbert  may be able to take this game over....with Leftwich as QB coach  Rolleyes Laughing Tongue

Wow....I had absolutely no idea that Leftwich is the QB Coach for the Cardinals until I looked it up after you said that. OMG. Leftwich coaching Gabbert? Big Grin
Doesn’t Fitzgerald play from the slot these days?
(11-20-2017, 07:04 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 04:31 PM)Hitch Wrote: [ -> ]Gabbert  may be able to take this game over....with Leftwich as QB coach  Rolleyes Laughing Tongue

Wow....I had absolutely no idea that Leftwich is the QB Coach for the Cardinals until I looked it up after you said that. OMG. Leftwich coaching Gabbert? Big Grin

You have to admit, Leftwich was better than Gabbert, so he does have the credentials to teach.
I feel more confident about this game then the Browns game. Larry not having his way with Ramsey or Bouye.
I am not predicting a shutout, but if we get less than 4 turnovers out of Gabbs I will be disappointed.
Something I noticed from the Cards from their game against the Texans is they aren't playing very hard. Anyone catch that highlight of the Foreman TD run? Peterson literally watched him and stood still. They have a TERRIBLE running game and rely on passing... I think the Jags D will be ready for that! PUMPED for this one!
(11-20-2017, 07:57 PM)Thundersnow Wrote: [ -> ]I feel more confident about this game then the Browns game. Larry not having his way with Ramsey or Bouye.

Probably not. 

Especially since he'll probably be facing Colvin more often than either of those guys. 
Arians moved Fitz to the slot position in 2015 and rejuvenated his career.  He takes most of his snaps there. 

They could certainly put Ramsey in the slot if Colvin struggles guarding him, but I think they'll be fine in their normal positions.
Pages: 1 2 3