Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draftsonville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jax put in their hat for one of the 8 cities to host the annual event.  Thinks we have a good chance, would be awesome if we get this
Daily's Place was made for this.
Where is Dailys place? Is it by the stadium?

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/jaguars-...-in-future
Not sure there is enough downtown in the immediate area to keep folks busy that are wondering around. Get the shipyards going and then there is a possibility.
I think Daily's Place would be perfect for the draft. You could fill Daily's Place and have overflow in the practice field for the extra people. You could have thousands of people there watching.

While I agree that there isn't a lot downtown as far as restaurants, there's more than enough to do at the beaches and surrounding areas for people to do.
They will figure it out.
(11-21-2017, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Dailys place?  Is it by the stadium?

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/jaguars-...-in-future

I would say so.
(11-21-2017, 09:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure there is enough downtown in the immediate area to keep folks busy that are wondering around. Get the shipyards going and then there is a possibility.

I agree with that.  We should wait until the new Shipyards project is finished.

I thought Philadelphia was fantastic last year. I wouldn't mind if they hosted it often.
(11-21-2017, 08:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jax put in their hat for one of the 8 cities to host the annual event.  Thinks we have a good chance, would be awesome if we get this

Jacksonville is like that company that Government Agencies seek out when they need to find that 3rd bidder to justify a competitive award to their preferred contractor.
(11-21-2017, 10:09 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]I think Daily's Place would be perfect for the draft.  You could fill Daily's Place and have overflow in the practice field for the extra people.  You could have thousands of people there watching.

While I agree that there isn't a lot downtown as far as restaurants, there's more than enough to do at the beaches and surrounding areas for people to do.

Agreed there is much to do if you want to travel but most want to stay around the action (draft).
With the navy base close by, a draft in Jacksonville could see an abundance of military members show up and that would cause a huge diversity in fan bases being there. I think it could be awesome and good exposure for the Jags and hopefully some more love from the media
I hope we get it I love the draft
All I know is that we're screwing up are draft position with all these meaningless wins!
(11-21-2017, 03:13 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]All I know is that we're screwing up are draft position with all these meaningless wins!

There's no freaking way I'm staying up after 9pm to see the Jags draft selection.  We got too spoiled over the past decade.    Angry
(11-21-2017, 04:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 03:13 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]All I know is that we're screwing up are draft position with all these meaningless wins!

There's no freaking way I'm staying up after 9pm to see the Jags draft selection.  We got too spoiled over the past decade.    Angry

Hopefully we will trade up  Wink
We'll probably get to host a draft one year with the new facility, but I can't see the league giving it to us annually. It's clear the Jags are low on the totem pole as far as NFL cities and franchises go. It would be absolutely awesome to have it here though.
Could be pretty hot in there in April. Only the field side is environmentally controlled. Where the seats are is open air.
(11-21-2017, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 08:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jax put in their hat for one of the 8 cities to host the annual event.  Thinks we have a good chance, would be awesome if we get this

Jacksonville is like that company that Government Agencies seek out when they need to find that 3rd bidder to justify a competitive award to their preferred contractor.

Laughing I know exactly what you mean. You already know they have no chance, they are just there for show
(11-21-2017, 07:08 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Jacksonville is like that company that Government Agencies seek out when they need to find that 3rd bidder to justify a competitive award to their preferred contractor.

Laughing I know exactly what you mean. You already know they have no chance, they are just there for show

Pretty much like the Rooney rule....