Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Hall of Fame: Boselli among semifinalists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hall of Fame: Boselli among semifinalists

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...8d0daa18a3

Former Jaguars OT Tony Boselli among 27 semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018
(11-22-2017, 01:40 AM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Hall of Fame: Boselli among semifinalists

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...8d0daa18a3

Former Jaguars OT Tony Boselli among 27 semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Sweet hopefully this is his year to get in
This is the year!!
It's time for Big Bo.
The argument against him is that he only played in 91 games (starting in 90 of those). This will be an interesting topic of discussion as JJ Watt has only played in 88 games and a lot of people think he's a Hall of Famer even though he only played 6 years and is 2-3 in the playoffs. Similarly, Boselli is 3-3 in the playoffs.

Very Comparable Careers even though they played on opposite sides of the ball !!!

He deserves it more than some of the other defensive ends/linebackers that have gotten in lately.  Boselli is one of the most dominant players I've ever seen play in the NFL and possibly the best left tackle to ever play.  I understand he had a short career, but sometimes you have to look past that and put the best into the Hall.
Too bad its became a popularity contest just like the pro bowl...Eventually they’ll have to let a Jaguar in!!!
He will eventually get in. But it is sad cause Jimmy and Fred won't.
This will be his year. The current winning and recognition will become infectious make voters realize the Jaguars are an NFL team and aren't going anywhere. We will get at least 4 Jags in the pro bowl also. It just feels like it's time..
(11-22-2017, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The argument against him is that he only played in 91 games (starting in 90 of those).  This will be an interesting topic of discussion as JJ Watt has only played in 88 games and a lot of people think he's a Hall of Famer even though he only played 6 years and is 2-3 in the playoffs.  Similarly, Boselli is 3-3 in the playoffs.

Very Comparable Careers even though they played on opposite sides of the ball !!!

Good point.

I think, however, that Boselli has played against (and dominated) some of the best DL of all time. Watt has played some good tackles, but were any in Boselli's league?
Tony deserves to be there
I'm not sure he gets in this year, but Boselli should be in the Hall of Fame fairly soon. I think us being relevant again will help him a little bit too.