Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pro Bowl Voting Leaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tommy Bo and AJ Bo lead the AFC at their positions.
[Image: Pro_Bowl_1.JPG]
I went and voted.

It's a shame the pro bowl relies on fan voting for a part of the decision on who goes to the pro bowl. I remember one year Dallas had 12 Pro Bowlers and we had 1 and we beat them in a game. Kind of ridiculous.

I think we all need to go vote and do it as often as possible. I'd hate to see some of our deserving players not make it.
Vote early, vote often...we're all Democrats now.
Fans half [BLEEP] all their voting. That's why Hyde leads at SS because he has 5 INT's which is the NFL lead at his position. Buffalo is 25th overall right now on defense. And they're the 9th worst team in the NFL against the pass. Bouye leads all CB's in voting because he has 4 INT's which is the NFL lead at his position. But unlike Hyde he plays on the best defense in the NFL. I still think Ramsey will make it and he should end up being 2nd in voting.

I actually vote based on TEAM rankings. So when I had to choose the top corners I looked at our team, the Ravens, the Broncos, the Panthers, the Steelers, the Eagles, etc. Some fans are just lazy. I did the same thing when it came to the offensive lineman. I look at the teams with the least amount of sacks surrendered, the most rushing yards produced and then the passing yards produced. It's hard to go wrong when you look at teams like the Saints, our team, the Eagles, the Redskins and the Panthers for initial reference. Once you get a decent idea or perspective you can then start to look at your big name guys.
(11-23-2017, 02:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Fans half [BLEEP] all their voting. That's why Hyde leads at SS because he has 5 INT's which is the NFL lead at his position. Buffalo is 25th overall right now on defense. And they're the 9th worst team in the NFL against the pass. Bouye leads all CB's in voting because he has 4 INT's which is the NFL lead at his position. But unlike Hyde he plays on the best defense in the NFL. I still think Ramsey will make it and he should end up being 2nd in voting.

I actually vote based on TEAM rankings. So when I had to choose the top corners I looked at our team, the Ravens, the Broncos,  the Panthers, the Steelers, the Eagles, etc. Some fans are just lazy. I did the same thing when it came to the offensive lineman. I look at the teams with the least amount of sacks surrendered, the most rushing yards produced and then the passing yards produced. It's hard to go wrong when you look at teams like the Saints, our team, the Eagles, the Redskins and the Panthers for initial reference. Once you get a decent idea or perspective you can then start to look at your big name guys.

Fans often vote their favorite players regardless of stats. I like how you look at the big picture in the standings of the offense and defense of a team overall. We may be voting for an individual, but they didn't get there by themselves, they just happen to be really good at what they do.
Fan voting is just 1/3 of the process. Good to see 2 of ours up there. I think we may see 5 or 6 in this year, with a few 2nd alternates. Players and coaches usually get it right.
I'd like to see the rest of the roster. Its a shame Calais isn't a leader.
Calais is playing two positions that is hurting him maybe, he is the best defensive player in the league.
Doesn't matter, our guys won't be able to play in the probowl anyway Wink
If Bouye makes it by fan voting, that would be good

Campbell and Ramsey will make it by players and coaches
Gipson gonna make it too
I’m predicting Campbell, Ramsey, Bouye, Telvin, Ngakoue, and Fournette make it. Gipson, Malik, and Bohanon will be alternates.
(11-24-2017, 03:08 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter, our guys won't be able to play in the probowl anyway Wink

I like your thinking
Only Bohanon and Bouye?
Why isn't Ramsey on that list?

Fan voting is a joke. Yao Ming is still the leading vote getter in the NBA All-star game and he has been retired for years.
I think the fans should be part of the voting because it drives interest but I think it should count for .01% of the total vote. The rest should be players and coaches. Oh I guess you could give sports writers a percentage point as well.
What [BLEEP] voting... Pittsburgh and Dallas take up 6 offensive linemen positions? What? Dallas sucks this year and we destroyed Pittsburgh quite easily. This stuff is garbage.