Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So what was Hackett responsibility as QB coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any inside information at what a Qb coach actually does?  Bortles entire game has regressed from his mechanics on down.  How much is that a reflection on him?

He didn't seem to do a good job as a QB coach. Should have been fired also.
The entire coaching staff needs to be blown up - they should have all been let go in the offseason.  Extending Gus was just an awful mistake.  Dave should be fired for that reason alone.  
It certainly wasn't talking to Blake about his mechanics.

Quote:The entire coaching staff needs to be blown up - they should have all been let go in the offseason. Extending Gus was just an awful mistake. Dave should be fired for that reason alone.  

If we did not extend Gus Bradley no UFAs would want to be Jaguars. It has been well-documented that is why we did it.

Shad Khan was the guy who extended him, not Dave Caldwell.

Quote:If we did not extend Gus Bradley no UFAs would want to be Jaguars. It has been well-documented that is why we did it.

I would give up every FA signed this year for a better coaching staff.
A QB coach is meant to work with the QBs on all the technical aspects of their game i.e 3 step drops , 5 step drops, mechanics , footwork etc etc and the mental side i.e reads, progressions, helping them keep a good mindset.
Who's the new qb coach?? Blake needs halp
Hire Peyton manning as a QB coach, like that would help
Quote:I would give up every FA signed this year for a better coaching staff.

/\ This....I can't think  of one FA we couldn't have done without....def' should have gotten a better coach and staff.

They just want the $$$ and a florida vacation anyway.

Just life in the rear view mirror.

We never learn.  :turned:

Quote:Who's the new qb coach?? Blake needs halp

Hopefully, we get smart and hire Tom House. The guy just makes QB's better, even though he was a pitcher.
Quote:If we did not extend Gus Bradley no UFAs would want to be Jaguars. It has been well-documented that is why we did it.

This is a flat out lie.  UFA's don't come to team because of a coach's contract.  They come because of THEIR contract offer - in particular, how much guaranteed money is in it for them.  And yes, Dave Caldwell did extend Gus Bradley's contract.  Dave is the GM, not Shad Khan.  

Players are smart enough to know that a HC can be fired at any time, so the whole "extension" was a farce.  And in retrospect everyone, including Dave and Shad Khan, probably realizes what a huge mistake that was.  
Quote:Hopefully, we get smart and hire Tom House. The guy just makes QB's better, even though he was a pitcher.

Blake worked with him the past two off seasons.  

Can House fix Blake?  Maybe.

Is House's unconventional method part of what is screwing Blake up? 

Maybe. 

Not sure how I feel about a retired baseball pitcher coaching quarterbacks and I doubt he has any interest in being on a staff anyway.

He's making easy money staying home and letting a half dozen NFL QB's come to him for a few weeks at a time. 
Can't really work on technique during the season. I put the blame on Bortles for playing instead of working in the off season like he did before last season. He is not a natural thrower and will need to work at it for his entire career.

Quote:A QB coach is meant to work with the QBs on all the technical aspects of their game i.e 3 step drops , 5 step drops, mechanics , footwork etc etc and the mental side i.e reads, progressions, helping them keep a good mindset.

Then Hackett is an utter failure.
Hackett...(smh)

[Image: buddy-hacketts-quotes-2.jpg]

I think he was his DD
I guess we'll just be firing everyone except Gus one after each game until the season is over. Then we can get the Coughlin era 2.0 underway.