Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: David Carr just called us a Super bowl contender if
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we had Alex Smith instead of Bortles
Breaking News?

Cousins will be here next year, im not worried
(11-27-2017, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Breaking News?

Cousins will be here next year, im not worried

No, just amazing it took these guys until week 12 to figure it out.
The Chiefs are overall a better team then the Jags, if alex smith doesnt take them to the super bowl theres no way he would take the jags
If arob wasnt hurt we would be alot more content with bortles.. If lee catches the wide open pass at the end of regulation against Jets, we kick winning fg. If special teams doesnt give up 2 tds, we beat rams. If clock is managed correctly sunday, we go to OT and probably win. Yea its nice to blow teams out by 10+ points, but things happen. I dont believe bortles is the answer or the problem. Rather have a young qb than an old one. Why do we want a qb that just lost a bunch of games? How would it be different? Sunday, we had some bad drops. Can the passes be in a better spot? Most definitely. Arob wouldve pulled those in.. We smash the colts and im happy. Isnt it nice to have games that matter this far into the season? Of course we can be better but we are dealing with oline and wr injuries and still won 4 of the last 5. Ill take that over any of what we been though the past decade.
LOL, Alex Smith is doing a whole lot with the Chiefs right now. I mean, 1-5 in his last 6 games. Boy he's sooo good...

If it wasn't for Bortles, this team only scores 7 points yesterday and that's only because of the Defense.

Bone headed play calling and coaching decisions lost the game yesterday. They simply got out coached and out played yesterday.

Plain and simple.
(11-27-2017, 08:07 PM)continuous Wrote: [ -> ]If arob wasnt hurt we would be alot more content with bortles.. If lee catches the wide open pass at the end of regulation against Jets, we kick winning fg.  If special teams doesnt give up 2 tds, we beat rams.  If clock is managed correctly sunday, we go to OT and probably win.   Yea its nice to blow teams out by 10+ points, but things happen.  I dont believe bortles is the answer or the problem.  Rather have a young qb than an old one.  Why do we want a qb that just lost a bunch of games?  How would it be different?  Sunday, we had some bad drops.  Can the passes be in a better spot? Most definitely.  Arob wouldve pulled those in.. We smash the colts and im happy.  Isnt it nice to have games that matter this far into the season?  Of course we can be better but we are dealing with oline and wr injuries and still won 4 of the last 5.  Ill take that over any of what we been though the past decade.

Pretty much where im at, being able to watch a playoff game I actually care about.

(11-27-2017, 08:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL, Alex Smith is doing a whole lot with the Chiefs right now. I mean, 1-5 in his last 6 games. Boy he's sooo good...

If it wasn't for Bortles, this team only scores 7 points yesterday and that's only because of the Defense.

Bone headed play calling and coaching decisions lost the game yesterday. They simply got out coached and out played yesterday.

Plain and simple.

Once the gimmick plays stopped working, Cheifs stopped winning.
(11-27-2017, 07:56 PM)majik Wrote: [ -> ]The Chiefs are overall a better team then the Jags, if alex smith doesnt take them to the super bowl theres no way he would take the jags

Jags defense is better. Chief's offense is better although that has as much to do with the OL's recent play as with the QB. I'd still take Smith over Bortles at this point.