Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ben Koyack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lost in all the hoopla from Thursday was the play of Koyack. Granted it was garbage time, but I thought the catch on 3rd down he had was pretty impressive. I'd like to see him get on the field more in this lost season.
Quote:Lost in all the hoopla from Thursday was the play of Koyack. Granted it was garbage time, but I thought the catch on 3rd down he had was pretty impressive. I'd like to see him get on the field more in this lost season.

He's made a handful of good blocks in a few games as well. 

Not a bad #3 TE. 
Quote:He's made a handful of good blocks in a few games as well.

Not a bad #3 TE.

Nope. He'll most likely be first in line to replace Marcedes next year.
Quote:Nope. He'll most likely be first in line to replace Marcedes next year.
I'm talking about right now. Right now he's not a bad #3 TE. 

Yes, he's got the inside shot at Lewis' role next year if he doesn't get beat out in camp.
I think he'll get some more time.  He's been out healing up from meniscus surgery.

Nothing mattered to me after halftime.

It was all prevent, garbage time defense.
Quote:I'm talking about right now. Right now he's not a bad #3 TE.

Yes, he's got the inside shot at Lewis' role next year if he doesn't get beat out in camp.

I was agreeing with you. Probably should have been clearer.
Quote:I was agreeing with you. Probably should have been clearer.
I see it now.  All good. 
Wow, he had 5 receptions Thursday? Kid seems like he's earned so PT
He's got better hands than I thought. And decent speed too.
Our version of Zach Miller?

Quote:He's got better hands than I thought. And decent speed too.
 he was in cause ML got dinged up in the 2 half early. he showed why he is on the team good receiver needs to develop his blocking ability

Quote:Wow, he had 5 receptions Thursday? Kid seems like he's earned so PT

Perspective:

Four of his catches came with 2:33 on the clock or less in the fourth quarter and the Jags were down by 19 points. So, everything underneath was a "gimme." 
He was basically allowed by the defense to catch passes. They were hardly making any effort to cover him by that point. That said, he still looked natural catching the ball. Most importantly, he was clearly still giving it his all at the end...possibly the only Jaguar you could say that about. He could be a sleeper going into next year if Marcedes leaves/retires.

Not only Koyack, I still don't think I've ever seen Walters drop a pass. I'm sure it happened at some point though..
Quote:Not only Koyack, I still don't think I've ever seen Walters drop a pass. I'm sure it happened at some point though..

Koyack had the major dropsies during camp and preseason and Walters had a few rough games after he came back (probably too soon) from a concussion.   Walters has great hands though. 

I'll have to retain a small degree of skepticism on Koyack however since four of his five Thursday were uncontested by a prevent defense. 

I mean, like really uncontested. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
His one contested catch though was pretty impressive.
Becoming a real reliable target !
There was no garbage time in this game.  It's just that they suck.   

I don't see much of a reason (maybe salary penalties) to keep Julius Thomas around next season.  He looks as old/slow as Marcedes does, without the excuse.  Koyak did look promising today.  

Pages: 1 2