Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hire Mike Smith the day after this season ends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mike Smith is the best candidate to fill the inevitable head coaching vacancy once the season ends. Number 1, he is a very strong defensive coach and this team has enough talent on defense to be very good with the proper coaching. He has proven that, with the necessary talent on his roster, he is capable of taking his team to the playoffs. He can be tough when necessary. He was popular here during his tenure as defensive coordinator and I believe our fans would be happy with this hire. The last thing they need is an unproven guy like Bradley. Smith will also not be committed to Bortles, who right now may be the worst starting q.b. in the NFL. 

Who would Mike Smith hire as OC and DC? He is a defensive minded coach so we would need a really good OC. What would our QB plan be going forward if we are picking top 5 in the draft? 

LoL
How old is Smitty? Seemed like he was getting up there while still the DC here.
Wait....will Bortles still be the QB in this scenario?
how about no.
Quote:How old is Smitty? Seemed like he was getting up there while still the DC here.
He is 57, I believe. It's his white hair that makes him look older.
I think we can do better than Smith. 

Haley, Reich, Patricia, Cooter, McDermott are all a more intriguing to me as candidates.