Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags staff on phone shows flaws in organization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I watch majority of Jaguar videos and this week due to the draft I have been all over every thing including all the live feeds.

One thing I took notice comparing to other NFL teams is the lack of character and enthusiasm when the Jaguars staff including coaches, GM, owner were on the phone

talking to the drafted player.

Caldwell and Coughlin made statements such as first impression is everything. Well these 2 displayed the worst first impression you can have with horrible enthusiasm. Poor choice of words. Dumb comments made by the GM to 3 of the drafted players.

I'm taking what I saw this week as a huge sign that our Jaguars are flawed from top to bottom and its possible we lack proper leadership which includes basically all the staff.
Ok
Que?
Bra who cares about phone etiquette? Our FO gets straight to business.

" Hey is this * insert name? We're going to draft you and we're excited about having you. Bye "

I could care less about the other crap that goes on during the call
Jeez I see some people will just complain about EVERYTHING.
Quote:Jeez I see some people will just complain about EVERYTHING.

You mean anything?
Buuuwwwwwaaaaaaaaa. Cry me a friggin river.

Quote:You mean anything?

Anything and everything. Lol
What happened to the posting limit before you can start threads?

Plus if you watch the videos you'll notice we still use a landline? Who has landlines any more? Can't we at least upgrade to an IPhone?
Because obviously the edited video clips you were able to access on Jaguars.com, none of which exceeded 2 minutes in regards to the "In the War Room" clips, told the whole story on all of the interviews/interaction between staff and prospects. They're understandably pushing the no-nonsense approach to counter the public image of softness associated with the prior regime. Newsflash- some people are A-Ok with being held accountable and understand that's the expectation when the stakes are as high as they are in the NFL.

Coach em hard and coach em well. I have no issue with it.
You all are missing the key issue. The Jaguars staff were extremely rude with their comments. They were not very engaging. They gave a terrible 1st impression.
Compared to how other NFL staff talk to their drafted players the Jaguars show how far they have to go and maybe is part in the failure of the organization. Have you listened to Pete Carroll talk to his players?

Quote:What happened to the posting limit before you can start threads?
I don't know, but it wouldn't even show my posts till I had 5 approved with this 'new' account. I know 7 years ago I could make a thread as soon as I signed up tho.
That's how I felt about Smoot smackin on da phone. Like, dis dude really aint takin dis serious right now.

See you all at the modus. Until we get our phone etiquette game figured out we're doomed.

Quote:I watch majority of Jaguar videos and this week due to the draft I have been all over every thing including all the live feeds.

One thing I took notice comparing to other NFL teams is the lack of character and enthusiasm when the Jaguars staff including coaches, GM, owner were on the phone

talking to the drafted player.

Caldwell and Coughlin made statements such as first impression is everything. Well these 2 displayed the worst first impression you can have with horrible enthusiasm. Poor choice of words. Dumb comments made by the GM to 3 of the drafted players.

I'm taking what I saw this week as a huge sign that our Jaguars are flawed from top to bottom and its possible we lack proper leadership which includes basically all the staff.

Not only this, but the window treatments didn't match the trim color in the draft room. Don't even get me started on the uncoordinated outfits worn by the staff. We are losers, top to bottom.
They should have given Gus Bradley that part-time job of calling the draftees. He was good at that cornball feel-good crap
Hot take.
I wonder how excited Bill Belichick sounds on the phone when he is talking with a draft pick.

Could care less if they sound welcoming.

Hello is this Rufftime?

Yes.

Well guess what?  You are now a millionaire.  Go [BAD WORD REMOVED] yourself.  See you at minicamp.

Sounds great Dave

Pages: 1 2 3