Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Khan, Caldwell and Bradley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Leadership starts at the top...with Khan not pulling the trigger on Bradley I'm really starting to wonder if he can run a franchise (i.e. get wins on the field).

We don't know if Caldwell or Khan are calling the shots with Gus (i.e. not firing him last season or the season before and giving an extension) but obviously one of those 2 are.

Ultimately, Khan owns this team and writes the checks so the buck stops with him.  I've nearly lost all faith that he will ensure success with the proper people in place (GM and HC).

His personality is way too unassuming as well and he doesn't seem to have the backbone to make the right calls.  I personally saw Bradley's ineptitude of leadership in his first season when he didn't get any better as a HC throughout the season.  Nonetheless, here we are into his 4th season and have yet to fire him.

What are your thoughts on Khan at this point?

No, yes, no.
Voting for yes on all three. Maybe it'll change something.

Khan needs to find his balls
The three stooges
I believe Mr. Khan has done good things for the city of Jville and the team infrastructure. But he is not doing what's needed for the team to win. Dave has built a good team; which should definitely be playing better. But coaching and playcalling is causing our players to lose faith, consistency, and focus. We need to change the coaching staff; whether it's during the season or after, it doesn't matter. The longer this team loses like this, the more it effects the players future. Mr. Khan is not doing what's need to win and now I've lost some faith in him.

Can we please start making these polls public?
I can only think of one person who would have voted yes on the do you approve of Gus question.

Hard to approve of anything this franchise does anymore.

Looking forward to another offseason championship though.
No to khan about wins/loses. Big yes to making the team profitable.

Yes to Dave, talent is there.

Big Hell no to Gus. Aforementioned talent is wasted with gus.
I voted that I'm OK with Caldwell building the roster...  But...

I'm losing confidence in Caldwells ability to notice problems within the coaching area. The fact that he hasn't got the stones to fire Gus has made me sour on him.

And I was a pretty hard core supporter of Caldwell.  Now, I'm having my doubts as to his GM abilities.

Quote:I voted that I'm OK with Caldwell building the roster... But...

I'm losing confidence in Caldwells ability to notice problems within the coaching area. The fact that he hasn't got the stones to fire Gus has made me sour on him.

And I was a pretty hard core supporter of Caldwell. Now, I'm having my doubts as to his GM abilities.

To me it sounds like Khan won't fire gus yet.
The most ridiculous thing besides NOT firing Gus today is his extension.  How could you possibly extend someone who hasn't proven anything!?  Not even prior to being here as a HC.  Somebody duped Khan.

Quote:To me it sounds like Khan won't fire gus yet.

I hope so...  I'm just not sure...  Maybe I'm being to hard on Caldwell, but I would think that a GM like Caldwell would be able to influence a decision like this.  
I'd say what Khan is doing is pondering whether to fire them both at the same time. After all, Dave is personally responsible for selecting both Gus and Blake.
Too many potential busts under the Caldwell regime despite picking some gems. Bit like Shack Harris in that respect.

Bradley just awful.

Not sure how you blame the owner

Khan is the only source of future optimism for me as a Jaguars fan currently.

Edit: Jalen Ramsey is the lone other potential possibility.
You forgot the punter. He's elite
I voted no on Khan. Yes on Caldwell. And no on Bradley.

1. Khan owns the team. He's made a huge investment and commitment towards our city and the stadium overhaul. But his approach to the actual football team and product on the field is concerning. Now I know a lot of us fans like to poke fun at other owners like Jerry Jones in Dallas but at least he's involved and he's trying to give his city and fan base the best product he can possibly provide on the football field. After all, that's what sells. I've said this numerous times. I could give two [BAD WORD REMOVED] about the stadium upgrades. I don't care about fantasy football other scores around the NFL when I have the apps on my phone. I don't care about swimming pools at the stadium or cabanas. If I wanted swimming pools and cabanas I'd go on a [BAD WORD REMOVED] vacation to Mexico or just stay at home and go swimming in my own pool. The giant video boards don't do anything for me. It's just a giant distraction that takes away the view around the area.

We could play in a stadium that's 100 years old for all I care. If this team is winning football games. That's all that matters to me. It just baffles me that a man of his success level would tolerate this botched process even further after the last two outings. And I don't want to hear that [BAD WORD REMOVED] excuse of "Well, firing him now does nothing". It does a lot more than you think. It puts your entire coaching staff and roster on notice for the rest of the season. It gives any potential candidate outside of here looking for a job an opportunity to see how well this young football team reacts to abrupt adversity. When something is broken. You fix it. You don't [BAD WORD REMOVED] away time and let a leaking roof concave into your household to [BAD WORD REMOVED] it up even further. You get your [BAD WORD REMOVED] up there on that roof and you patch it up for the time being until you can find someone good enough to completely fix it. 

2. Caldwell has had some hits and misses as a personnel selector. But I think he's done better than most give him credit for. This last draft of his was herald by everyone. He was getting A++ left and right from multiple pundits. He's not able to fix everything at once. Presumably the offense looked capable in 2015. He noticed the running game sucked. He signed Ivory. He noticed the pass blocking on the left side was weak. He signed Beachum. He knew going into this off-season. Just like the most of us on here. That the defense was setting us back presumably. So he goes into free agency and tries to get you a solid FS, CB and DT. He then drafts another CB and goes after pass rushers and linebackers to add speed to this defense. So it's not like he's blindly ignoring his personnel. He just needs a better head coach to bring this altogether and discipline the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of these kids right now. I think he can do it. But as far as his overall work. Look, if he got it wrong. Guess what? A lot of other people got it wrong too. It's not like he signed a bunch of scrubs or drafted a bunch of scrubs this off-season. Almost of all of his moves this year were considered top notch. 

3. Bradley is 14 - 41. His philosophy doesn't work. He's soft. He's lost. His specialty is defense and he's not even good enough of that for this team. I don't think he has a clue on what to do on offense. If Olson is struggling and Bortles is struggling. A good head coach should be able to step in and up and address what needs to be fixed. But he doesn't know what to fix because he's a [BAD WORD REMOVED] joke. He has no business coaching a football team ever again. And the sooner Khan and Caldwell swallow that pill of reality the sooner and better this team will hopefully become. 

Fire Gus. End of message.
Pages: 1 2