Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Khan up to the job?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Up until now, Shad Khan has generally been seen as a good and competent owner.

But his loyalty to Gus and general lack of results might start to raise the question "does he really know what he's doing?"

It's great that he has invested money in the stadium and in the Jacksonville area, but his football decisions haven't really worked out.

Over in the U.K. he's seen a similar level of under-performance from the soccer team he bought.

Of course it doesn't really matter in a way - he's the owner and he's not going anywhere unless he wants to. But as a fan, I'm losing a bit of faith in him as a leader.
Yes.

Great business man

Bad football man

He has grown the brand and doubled the value of his franchise so I am going to go with yeah

"In Jacksonville, we call them 'khants'"
He's a smart guy.

He'll figure it out.

Just stinks that we had to wallow through this incredible amount of suck to only start over AGAIN.
I think he is but there is probably a learning curve that goes with being an NFL owner.  He'll figure it out at some point and realize the mistake he's made and rectify it.

Quote:He's a smart guy.

He'll figure it out.

Just stinks that we had to wallow through this incredible amount of suck to only start over AGAIN.

I would love to agree with this. But it's not happening with those currently in charge of this team.

He has to bring in someone to run the football side of the house the way he brought in Lamping to run the business side.

Until that happens, nothing changes.
Quote:He has grown the brand and doubled the value of his franchise so I am going to go with yeah

Is it about profits or wins?
Quote:He has grown the brand and doubled the value of his franchise so I am going to go with yeah

Making money is not an issue for Khan. Winning football appears to be.
Quote:I would love to agree with this. But it's not happening with those currently in charge of this team.

He has to bring in someone to run the football side of the house the way he brought in Lamping to run the business side.

Until that happens, nothing changes.
Are you talking about a newly created position that works above or in step with the GM?

Or just a new GM?

I wouldn't be opposed to Any change at this point.
Quote:Are you talking about a newly created position that works above or in step with the GM?

Or just a new GM?

I wouldn't be opposed to Any change at this point.

Someone over it all. Something similar to what Elway has been in Denver. He is the head of football ops and the GM. He has personnel heads that work under him but he is in charge of everything football related.

I honestly think Coughlin would be good in a role like that.
Quote:Up until now, Shad Khan has generally been seen as a good and competent owner.

But his loyalty to Gus and general lack of results might start to raise the question "does he really know what he's doing?"

It's great that he has invested money in the stadium and in the Jacksonville area, but his football decisions haven't really worked out.

Over in the U.K. he's seen a similar level of under-performance from the soccer team he bought.

Of course it doesn't really matter in a way - he's the owner and he's not going anywhere unless he wants to.
But as a fan, I'm losing a bit of faith in him as a leader.

And this ends your own thread.
Quote:Is it about profits or wins?
For the owners its about profit and growth of the brand first I would imagine
He's brain dead when it comes to football operations. So is his son.
Maybe its just his hobby.
The analytics the Jags use are horrible

14-41   or Gus in 4 seasons 

2-  5   in 2016

Not sure what else matters, facts speak for themselves.
He did fire two managers of his soccer team inside the same year for poor performance.

Quote:He did fire two managers of his soccer team inside the same year for poor performance.

You cannot compare the two. If the Jaguars were in danger of relegation, I have no doubt that Bradley would have been gone after the first year. You cannot afford patience in English soccer.
Pages: 1 2