Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Recurring and Frightening Theme For Halloween
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the aftermath of the latest embarrassment, Jaguars.com posted post game interviews of Bradley, Bortles, Poz, Colvin and Hurns getting their thoughts on the performance, or lack thereof.  Amidst all of the standard "we've got to improve" stuff, there was a common refrain that should scare every Jaguars fan-even if it doesn't come as a particularly big surprise.

T he above list represents a broad sampling of experience, responsibility, and leadership on the team...and no rookies.  Every one of those players have been around.  Yet the recurring theme of all of those interviews is simple:  "I don't know."

Nobody knows why, or is willing to publicly disclose, the team plays so poorly.  Nobody knows why the team commits so many stupid penalties.  Nobody knows why the effort has been so lacking.  If Khan attended the meeting earlier in the week, and everyone spoke freely, then presumably he doesn't know either.

So it's not just frustrated fans hacking away on message boards when we say the team is clueless.  They really ARE!

"Don't nobody know nothin?!!?!?"

I never dreamed I'd type this, but this team could use Nino Brown right about now.

If the comprehensive lack of knowledge as to the root of the problems and solutions to fix them is not evidence enough that Bradley needs to go, I don't know what would qualify.
I'm praying for a 2 pm presser from Khan.  :yes:

Quote:In the aftermath of the latest embarrassment, Jaguars.com posted post game interviews of Bradley, Bortles, Poz, Colvin and Hurns getting their thoughts on the performance, or lack thereof. Amidst all of the standard "we've gon to improve" stuff, there was a common refrain that should scare every Jaguars fan-even if it doesn't come as a particularly big surprise.

T he above list represents a broad sampling of experience, responsibility, and leadership on the team...and no rookies. Every one of those players have been around. Yet the recurring theme of all of those interviews is simple: "I don't know."

Nobody knows why, or is willing to publicly disclose, the team plays so poorly. Nobody knows why the team commits so many stupid penalties. Nobody knows why the effort has been so lacking. If Khan attended the meeting earlier in the week, and everyone spoke freely, then presumably he doesn't know either.

So it's not just frustrated fans hacking away on message boards when we say the team is clueless. They really ARE!

I never dreamed I'd type this, but this team could use Nino Brown right about now.

If the comprehensive lack of knowledge as to the root of the problems and solutions to fix them is not evidence enough that Bradley needs to go, I don't know what would qualify.

Normally, you're posts are on point, but you really out did yourself with a Nino Brown reference.
I went to sleep after the Henry TD.

I refused to subject myself any further.

As usual Bullseye is spot on.

You know what's even more frightening?

Reading things like these even after games like last night:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/791849595395465216' title="1:50 AM - 28 Oct 2016">8h</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/791849595395465216' title="1:50 AM - 28 Oct 2016">8 hours ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Coach Gus Bradley said he believes it's still a high-character locker room. Jaguars

Seriously..

Quote:I'm praying for a 2 pm presser from Khan. :yes:

It's already scheduled for 130 per Mike Kaye
I'm a habitual itchy complainer and was strongly in the camp that last year was the end of the road.  I then waffled and figured okay we can see what happens but was super suspicious.

Well...  you remain spot on Bullseye. 

Quote:In the aftermath of the latest embarrassment, Jaguars.com posted post game interviews of Bradley, Bortles, Poz, Colvin and Hurns getting their thoughts on the performance, or lack thereof.  Amidst all of the standard "we've gon to improve" stuff, there was a common refrain that should scare every Jaguars fan-even if it doesn't come as a particularly big surprise.

T he above list represents a broad sampling of experience, responsibility, and leadership on the team...and no rookies.  Every one of those players have been around.  Yet the recurring theme of all of those interviews is simple:  "I don't know."

Nobody knows why, or is willing to publicly disclose, the team plays so poorly.  Nobody knows why the team commits so many stupid penalties.  Nobody knows why the effort has been so lacking.  If Khan attended the meeting earlier in the week, and everyone spoke freely, then presumably he doesn't know either.

So it's not just frustrated fans hacking away on message boards when we say the team is clueless.  They really ARE!

The 'round-a-bout' admission from Gus that he doesn't know the root problem(s) or what to do is unacceptable from a head coach. Simple as that. At this point, I have to think that Gus realizes that his tenure here may (by the end of the season if not sooner) be over. Given what we're looking at on our remaining schedule, and given the 'performance' we witnessed last night in Tennessee, I may have to once again revise my end of season record prediction from at least 8-8 to 5-11... and now maybe 3-13.

The Jags seem to be playing progressively worse football as the season progresses. It's almost like the players want Gus to get fired sooner rather than later. Surely they realize that being on a team with a perennial losing reputation like the Jags isn't going to help their professional football careers. Given that Gus Bradley is on record as one of the losingest coaches in the history of the NFL, they can't be excited about playing for him. 

While Khan has said he isn't inclined to fire a HC prior to seasons end, given the horrendous performance of his team on national television and the embarrassment they've become to Jags fans all over the world... I'd say it's time to pull the trigger and let Gus and Olson go. I'd also tell Caldwell to start looking for another (fundamentally sound this time) quarterback as well as for head coaching candidates. I'd also let Mr, Caldwell know that he only gets one 'mulligan' at selecting a HC; this time had better be right... or else.
It's too bad the team couldn't come disguised as a team that cared last night.

Quote:It's too bad the team couldn't come disguised as a team that cared last night.

You think if this had been at Everbank, Murlarkey would have taken his foot off the gas?
When your coach repeatedly says he doesn't know what the problem is and that the reason you're getting murdered before the half is "we're pressing too hard" he should have been fired right there.

UCF...

Bill Cowher heard that and said Bradley is out of touch with his team.

I've always maintained patience. Having met Gus, I do believe in his philosophy. But at this point, nothing is working. After 3+ years, its the same team with the same mistakes and same faults. Someone has got to go, and it will have to be him. I rarely turn off a game. I have only left one game  in my entire 10 years of being a fan, including some awful blowouts (the Texans home game that ended up being a blowout on a cold rainy Christmas week game).

I turned the tv off before halftime last night.

It's sad when decades long fans are brought to ambivalence.

I hate the defensive scheme more and more each week.  The players aren't even playing their zones any more.  This is a garbage scheme for these players.  They don't believe in it and they weren't even trying.  The players don't believe in the game plan and aren't trying to execute.

I hate the offensive game plan.  I don't even know if we have a scheme because we have yet to see it.  I am tired of hearing they want to run the ball.  They are pressing?  Really.  No!!  They are mailing it in.

Ooh look at the passion... AR15 threw his helmet.  I even saw some crying on the sideline..  I would be crying as well because they aren't getting rid of the train wreck.

Mo...

Yes...at Everbank, Mularkey would have called off the dogs.

Quote:It's already scheduled for 1:30 per Mike Kaye

It's a Gus Bradley conference call, not a Shad Khan presser.

The Halloween party was Thurs night. The Walking Dead came out dressed in baby piss yellow.