Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should Blake run more often?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He had a lot of success against Arizona with his feet-not his arm. 

He's not Cam Newton, but he can run. 

Thoughts?
Yes.
(11-29-2017, 04:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.
Only problem with running is that it increase the chance for injury.
Yes, he runs better than he throws.
I'd like to see about 3-5 designed runs per game depending on the opponent.

I don't hate that he doesn't always take off and looks to throw first. That's usually the better option. I think he manages his scrambling well the majority of the time.
He runs better than he throws soooooo..... yea.
No. I hate when QB's run. That's not real football. QB's throw and RB's run.
(11-29-2017, 04:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]Only problem with running is that it increase the chance for injury.

Are we sure that's a problem
Blake runs like a giselle
(11-29-2017, 05:47 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2017, 04:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]Only problem with running is that it increase the chance for injury.

It could be a huge problem for the Jaguars if Blake Bortles suffers a major injury because his 2018 salary might become guaranteed.  It's possible the Jaguars will bring back Bortles under the terms of the 5th year option.  But they certainly don't want to pay a massive salary to a player that will be out for at least months.
Yes and no

He runs really well. The problem is when a qb is effective running (eg wilson) it because he has great judgement on when to throw and when to run. To really take advantage of his running ability you would have to take off the reigns and let him just play. Naw I’m good off that. Make him stay in the pocket and only run when he panics or it’s designed. I want his decision making held to a minimal impact
Anything, and I mean anything to keep him from throwing.
Not necessarily more by design, but he does hesistate to scramble and looks to pass a little too much, especially considering how well he does it. I've seen him pass up too many likely 1st downs to try and squeeze a ball into somewhere. Besides, for whatever reason, a quarterback who successfully scrambles pumps up the crowd.
(11-29-2017, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]No. I hate when QB's run. That's not real football. QB's throw and RB's run.

You might want to have a look around the league..
(11-29-2017, 05:47 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]

Despite his struggles, YES! Is it worth going to the postseason if Chad Henne is starting the playoff game?