Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Tom Savage: DeAndre Hopkins is 'best receiver' in NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tom Savage: DeAndre Hopkins is 'best receiver' in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ver-in-nfl

Houston Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins' production this season has not waned despite losing starting quarterback Deshaun Watson to a season-ending injury.
With all due respect to DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are probably the top 2 WRs in the NFL. The sideline catch Brown made against the Packers last Sunday Night that led to the Game Winning FG, was the WR equivalent to the throw Aaron Rodgers made in the playoff game at Dallas that set up the Packers game winning FG in their playoff game last season.
Hopkins is the king of pushing off. Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more. But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.
Hop is def top 5 - dunno about the best.
(12-01-2017, 02:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]Hopkins is the king of pushing off.  Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more.  But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.

Yes!

No way they don't see it, either.

Anotnio Brown is the best WR.
(12-01-2017, 03:18 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2017, 02:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]Hopkins is the king of pushing off.  Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more.  But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.

Yes!

No way they don't see it, either.

Anotnio Brown is the best WR.

The push offs are so blatant...it's infuriating.  Agree on Antonio Brown.
I think you could argue any of the three named already. Hopkins, Julio, brown, they're all deadly.
Hopkins leads all wide receivers in drawing defensive penalties. According to a Football Outsiders graphic on ESPN’s NFL Insiders show, Hopkins has now drawn 10 pass interference penalties totaling 149 yards, which is also the highest in the league.
Odell Beckham and Julio Jones are the most physically talented, Antonio Brown and Larry Fitz are the best route runners. Hopkins fits somewhere behind these guys.
(12-01-2017, 07:03 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Odell Beckham and Julio Jones are the most physically talented, Antonio Brown and Larry Fitz are the best route runners. Hopkins fits somewhere behind these guys.
Odell shouldn't even be in the conversation.
I think its hard to argue Julio at this point.