Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Good segment from Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick Show this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quick 1:50 clip from this morning's show. Chris Simms says "The Jaguars are the best team in football" but also says Blake Bortles is the "70th best QB in the NFL". I also didn't know Blake Bortles is left handed? That actually explains a lot now Big Grin

(12-01-2017, 01:13 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Quick 1:50 clip from this morning's show. Chris Simms says "The Jaguars are the best team in football" but also says Blake Bortles is the "70th best QB in the NFL". I also didn't know Blake Bortles is naturally left handed? That actually explains a lot now Big Grin

I honestly feel like this should be our year, but.....don't think it will. (still hoping for miracles tho) The fact that teams can line up every single week and literally dare us to throw is crazy. Goal line defenses in the middle of the field is crazy. They know that even if Blake can complete a pass on them once or twice they'll take the chance that he can't do it consistently. That he definitely can't burn them deep. I hope we go play action deep to Dede the 1st play of the this weekends game. At that point in the game, there's so much more to gain than to lose. It's either a catch, PI, incomplete or a pick and your still fresh best in the league defense trots on the field. If one of the first 2 happen at least teams will second guess whether to start the day with 8 or 9 in the box. A lot of stars are aligned for us. The AFC is mostly subpar. Our own division lost 2 starting QBs. The top teams are NE, Pitt, LAC and KC. NE we scrimmaged with in offseason and it doesn't mean much but I think it gave some young players confidence that they can at least play with them. We've already beat Pitt which amounts to about the same, we know we can. We've already beat SD, see prior and KC has been on a downward spiral. Next year may not be the same as far as stars aligning. We may suffer more injuries and our division foes less, more teams can come back improved in the AFC and lastly will have to navigate a much tougher schedule.
Id like proof that he is naturally left handed. All they said was he bats left etc. I bat left, golf left and shoot left yet im right handed. And I can't throw at all with my left.

I think bortles is a middle.of the pack 15-25 qb.

Wrs are not doing there part either lol
(12-01-2017, 01:13 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Quick 1:50 clip from this morning's show. Chris Simms says "The Jaguars are the best team in football" but also says Blake Bortles is the "70th best QB in the NFL". I also didn't know Blake Bortles is naturally left handed? That actually explains a lot now Big Grin

He must be hittin' the wacky weed again ....

https://nypost.com/2010/07/01/chris-simm...le-stoned/
I think he overrates our defense. We have a great defense but it is not one of the top 2 or 3 in the last 30 or 40 years. It's a top 5 defense today. But he's right about Bortles, he's holding us back and will hold us back in the playoffs sadly.
(12-02-2017, 12:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he overrates our defense. We have a great defense but it is not one of the top 2 or 3 in the last 30 or 40 years. It's a top 5 defense today. But he's right about Bortles, he's holding us back and will hold us back in the playoffs sadly.

The defense i have watched has certainly been one of the best i have seen in recent memory. even when compared to Denver and Seattle, i would rate our D above them. They certainly pass the eye test and then on paper, the stats back up what he is saying.
I've listened to Simms a few times this year. He loves the Jags this year and says we have the best chance of taking the pats down in the AFC cause the pressure we can put on Brady. Also thinks Cousins comes here then we're the best team in football. He's even more optimistic than me.
(12-02-2017, 09:07 AM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]I've listened to Simms a few times this year. He loves the Jags this year and says we have the best chance of taking the pats down in the AFC cause the pressure we can put on Brady. Also thinks Cousins comes here then we're the best team in football. He's even more optimistic than me.

Interesting thing about Cousins is he is getting labeled as not being able to get the job done.  I wonder how much that changes if he gets a change of scenery.
(12-01-2017, 01:13 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Quick 1:50 clip from this morning's show. Chris Simms says "The Jaguars are the best team in football" but also says Blake Bortles is the "70th best QB in the NFL". I also didn't know Blake Bortles is left handed? That actually explains a lot now Big Grin

Brunell was also left handed.   So that says nothing. 

(12-02-2017, 10:58 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2017, 01:13 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Quick 1:50 clip from this morning's show. Chris Simms says "The Jaguars are the best team in football" but also says Blake Bortles is the "70th best QB in the NFL". I also didn't know Blake Bortles is left handed? That actually explains a lot now Big Grin

Brunell was also left handed.   So that says nothing. 

But Brunell was both left handed AND threw left handed. Not left handed on everything but throwing right handed, like Bortles. That’s his point. Is that why Blake can’t throw well or with consistency? Who knows..
(12-02-2017, 11:35 AM)keeper88 Wrote: [ -> ]But Brunell was both left handed AND threw left handed. Not left handed on everything but throwing right handed, like Bortles. That’s his point. Is that why Blake can’t throw well or with consistency? Who knows..

Very true point.  But has to be an underlining reason why.
Just thought it would be funny to bump this thread again. Due to Chris Simms saying Bortles is the 70th best QB in the league right now.

Pretty funny because Dan Patrick still laughs at him now on the show for saying that.
(12-20-2017, 05:17 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought it would be funny to bump this thread again. Due to Chris Simms saying Bortles is the 70th best QB in the league right now.

Pretty funny because Dan Patrick still laughs at him now on the show for saying that.

Sometimes being profound bites you.
Blake was #3 on Kurt's top 5 QB's for the week. So far in December Blake is the highest rated passer in the NFL.
I wonder if Simms would like a do over?
CTE
(01-09-2018, 08:56 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Tony Boselli called in to the Dan Lebitard Show on ESPN Radio whenSimms was on as a guest and he destroyed him.  Funny stuff.

Fast forward to about 3/4 of the way through to hear it.  The highlight being Boselli telling Simms the only cool thing he ever did was nearly bleeding to death on the field, and being related to someone famous.  

I was listening to that this afternoon. Tony destroyed him!! He asked him quite loudly, how he had Chad Henne ranked 19 spots higher. Simms claimed politics, something about not wanting to look bad for taking him at #3.
(12-21-2017, 10:36 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Simms would like a do over?

I agree.  Simms is a tool.
(01-09-2018, 10:15 PM)Iatburg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2018, 08:56 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Tony Boselli called in to the Dan Lebitard Show on ESPN Radio whenSimms was on as a guest and he destroyed him.  Funny stuff.

Fast forward to about 3/4 of the way through to hear it.  The highlight being Boselli telling Simms the only cool thing he ever did was nearly bleeding to death on the field, and being related to someone famous.  

I was listening to that this afternoon. Tony destroyed him!! He asked him quite loudly, how he had Chad Henne ranked 19 spots higher. Simms claimed politics, something about not wanting to look bad for taking him at #3.
Lol he had Yates, mannion, Austen Davis, and peterman ahead of bortles.
Pages: 1 2 3