Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars cut Calvin Pryor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whelp, that didn't last long.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...vin-pryor/

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...5072882688
Edited by mod to add a tiny bit more context...
I wonder who we add to the roster
We promoted Carroll Phillips to the active roster.
Would have rather kept Sheldon Day
Who's that.
(12-02-2017, 03:25 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Who's that.

1st round pick out of Louisville
(12-02-2017, 03:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

1st round pick out of Louisville

I think he was being facetious and implying that he doesn't know since we never saw him play much for us.
Without all-pros like Calvin Pryor on the roster, how will we ever win a championship? Sad

Phillips was the RDE who played opposite LDE Smoot in college. It was often argued which one was the better DE.
(12-02-2017, 10:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

Phillips was the RDE who played opposite LDE Smoot in college. It was often argued which one was the better DE.

Wow, looking back on Day's release, why not get rid of this guy instead? Day is a quality linemen you could have as a rotational guy.
(12-03-2017, 03:28 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2017, 10:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Phillips was the RDE who played opposite LDE Smoot in college. It was often argued which one was the better DE.

Wow, looking back on Day's release, why not get rid of this guy instead? Day is a quality linemen you could have as a rotational guy.

I didn't like the S. Day release personally, but it became a numbers game at DT once they traded for Dareus. They had too many active guys at DT and he was surely a tough cut, but with all the injuries on the offense, they were leaning that way in the short term. 

I mean - when you are faced with trying to split snaps with Malik, Dareus, Campbell, and Abry in the middle...  then Sheldon Day - despite his glowing potential - is just the odd man out.
(12-03-2017, 03:28 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2017, 10:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Phillips was the RDE who played opposite LDE Smoot in college. It was often argued which one was the better DE.

We needed an End more than a 5th Tackle, that's all.
Why was my topic and post edited by a mod to add more context? It looks the same now as how I had it? Lol Big Grin
Unreal I told the team not to activate him in case Allen Robinson is ready for the Superbowl now we have no return slots left.
Phillips made a great special team debut today. What Pryor couldn't do.
Saw Phillips in person on the sideline for the first time...guy is impressive physically in stature. Long arms with serious guns stood out, on a lean muscular frame.