Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL Attendance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jacksonville falls in #29

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Wow.
The only thing that really surprised me is that Tampa and Miami passed us.
It’s not counting the London game FWIW.
This isn’t really a worry to me. Show me total revenue
Ehh.  The team just started winning and that coincided with this whole boycott thing in one of (maybe the most) susceptible markets for protest.  

I'm willing to bet that a couple more wins will insure enough moving forward for an attendance ranking in the lower middle tier - which would be great for our market.

If we average above 60K next season (which is do-able) that would be amazing for our market/demographic. I think that will happen if the team finishes this season strong.
I am a little less optimistic. When I walked into the Rams game, I was surprised to see so many empty seats as I looked across to the East side upper deck. I thought that with the success of the team that it would be jammed full. It filled in somewhat as time went on but it was still not what I expected.

The Cincinnati game was my "cabana game" so I wasn't able to judge anything but the Chargers game was similar to the Rams (and I sat on the East side, observing the West which, I think, is usually fuller).

It will be interesting to see the attendance if we host a playoff game; as NYC said, a few strong games down the stretch will be helpful.
The crowds have been pitiful for a long time. Puts a huge hit on the Jacksonville is such a strong football market narrative. Probably really pisses Mr. Khan off as well as much as he has done to enhance the game day experience.
(12-03-2017, 09:15 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]The crowds have been pitiful for a long time. Puts a huge hit on the Jacksonville is such a strong football market narrative. Probably really pisses Mr. Khan off as well as much as he has done to enhance the game day experience.

The team has been pitiful for a long time as well. Especially in the last few years when we kept hearing about how this was going to be the year and then they'd come out and win 5 games at the most. It just wears on a fanbase and with the comments made by some players last year I think a lot of fans have taken a bit of a "proof it first" attitude towards the team. Thankfully with Coughlin and Marrone there seems to be a different culture in the stadium now, one of accountability and performance that coupled with a winning season and possibly a home playoff game should bring fans back but it takes time to really build a culture like that and to have it come across to a fanbase that has suffered through 10 years worth of terrible teams.
(12-03-2017, 09:15 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]The crowds have been pitiful for a long time. Puts a huge hit on the Jacksonville is such a strong football market narrative. Probably really pisses Mr. Khan off as well as much as he has done to enhance the game day experience.

The attendance for Jaguars games has varied throughout the years but has traditionally been fairly strong. Usually we are around #21 or #22 in attendance although in the early days we were in the top 15. As recently as last year attendance was just shy of 65K which is similar to what it was in 2008. The seating capacity in Everbank sans tarps is about 67K now.

I think the upper decks appear to be getting hit particularly hard because the cabana areas and bud zone areas are packed with fans that buy those cheaper seats to hang out in those areas. I don't exactly get that, but as long as the tickets are getting sold.  

Also, I think the season ticket sales have a direct bearing on the actual attendance figures which is why you see a 5K drop from last year.  A year or two of winning and the season ticket base will kick up and Everbank will see actual sellouts again. But you'll probably always see gaps of empty seats in the upper decks for the reason I mentioned. That's a trend throughout the league though.
Pittsburg is 24 to 25 from 2016 to 2017 and are they football worthy? These numbers are hard to gauge. The jaguars do a much more thorough analysis in there read out after each season. Tickets distributed or turnstile counts and who counts the number and which way?

And look at how there is barely any data for the 2 LA teams
(12-03-2017, 03:25 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn’t really a worry to me. Show me total revenue

Empty seats dont worry you?
Interesting that the Jags have the highest road average in the AFC South.
(12-03-2017, 01:25 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 03:25 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn’t really a worry to me. Show me total revenue

Empty seats dont worry you?

No team ever moved because of low ticket sales. As long as the city and the franchise agree on the upgrades to the stadium this team's future is essentially secure.
(12-03-2017, 12:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Pittsburg is 24 to 25 from 2016 to 2017 and are they football worthy? These numbers are hard to gauge. The jaguars do a much more thorough analysis in there read out after each season. Tickets distributed or turnstile counts and who counts the number and which way?

Pittsburgh has been the only team that actually reports their numbers based on turnstile count for quite a while now. Their numbers are skewed down compared to the rest of the league.
Attendance was 61,207 so right in line with the other games this season.
It looked pretty full today
(12-03-2017, 05:15 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 12:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Pittsburg is 24 to 25 from 2016 to 2017 and are they football worthy?  These numbers are hard to gauge.  The jaguars do a much more thorough analysis in there read out after each season.  Tickets distributed or turnstile counts and who counts the number and which way?

Pittsburgh has been the only team that actually reports their numbers based on turnstile count for quite a while now. Their numbers are skewed down compared to the rest of the league.

I understand.  My point is only they get a bunch more money out of their fan base. I have found the owner to be very transparent as well.
(12-03-2017, 01:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 01:25 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]Empty seats dont worry you?

No team ever moved because of low ticket sales. As long as the city and the franchise agree on the upgrades to the stadium this team's future is essentially secure.

That is true but that doesnt mean you shouldnt worry. For a team thats been doing good this year the attendance seem to be very low. Especially today. A home game is suppose to feel like an home game not an away game. I see so many fans from opposing teams flood Everbank.
(12-03-2017, 12:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Pittsburg is 24 to 25 from 2016 to 2017 and are they football worthy?  These numbers are hard to gauge.  The jaguars do a much more thorough analysis in there read out after each season.  Tickets distributed or turnstile counts and who counts the number and which way?

That's because pittsburgh fans are [BLEEP].  The Penguins almost had to go bankrupt because of it. They they magically won the lottery pick and drafted crosby....
(12-03-2017, 10:50 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]

The attendance for Jaguars games has varied throughout the years but has traditionally been fairly strong. Usually we are around #21 or #22 in attendance although in the early days we were in the top 15. As recently as last year attendance was just shy of 65K which is similar to what it was in 2008. The seating capacity in Everbank sans tarps is about 67K now.

I think the upper decks appear to be getting hit particularly hard because the cabana areas and bud zone areas are packed with fans that buy those cheaper seats to hang out in those areas. I don't exactly get that, but as long as the tickets are getting sold.  

Also, I think the season ticket sales have a direct bearing on the actual attendance figures which is why you see a 5K drop from last year.  A year or two of winning and the season ticket base will kick up and Everbank will see actual sellouts again. But you'll probably always see gaps of empty seats in the upper decks for the reason I mentioned. That's a trend throughout the league though.

Hmm the information I am seeing tmis that the capacity at Everbank is over 64k. I believe this is the new total after the Assure Club was installed.

(12-07-2017, 12:52 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 10:50 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]The attendance for Jaguars games has varied throughout the years but has traditionally been fairly strong. Usually we are around #21 or #22 in attendance although in the early days we were in the top 15. As recently as last year attendance was just shy of 65K which is similar to what it was in 2008. The seating capacity in Everbank sans tarps is about 67K now.

Hmm the information I am seeing is that the capacity at Everbank is over 64k. I believe this is the new total after the Assure Club was installed.
Pages: 1 2