Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Calais Campbell breaks Team sack record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With that sack today he just broke Tony Brackens all time team record of 12

Campbell now has 12.5 sacks.  Congrats and money was well spent.
It's so weird to think that I've been watching the Jags since they started and I was 10 years old, and fast forward to today and it's by far the most ferocious defense they've ever had..

Edit: I had to edit this.. the nostalgia set in lol... it's insane all the defensive talent we've seen come and go from the start til now
I also saw an example of why you should never judge a DL on numbers, including sacks and TFLs. You can't put a number on pulling an opponent's jersey to stop the player in his tracks, allowing a teammate to tackle him for a loss.
[Image: source.gif]
Congrats to Campbell. Couldn't ask for a better person/player to hold that record. Hope he ends up with more than 15.
(12-03-2017, 06:08 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Campbell. Couldn't ask for a better person/player to hold that record.  Hope he ends up with more than 15.

I would love that too, but team sacks are more important.
He is doing a good job of making us forget about all our failed FA signings in the past decade
(12-03-2017, 05:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I also saw an example of why you should never judge a DL on numbers, including sacks and TFLs. You can't put a number on pulling an opponent's jersey to stop the player in his tracks, allowing a teammate to tackle him for a loss.

This are called "Tackles For a Loss"

Ngakoue has a good shot of breaking the record as well. Only 2 off
It shows Campbell was worth the investment. As far as breaks the record, while it is true. This is a different era of football. And records can be broken easier than in past.
(12-03-2017, 08:13 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]It shows Campbell was worth the investment. As far as breaks the record, while it is true. This is a different era of football. And records can be broken easier than in past.

Very true. Goes to show how good Brackens was. He also had 8 forced fumbles that season he had 12 sacks. 8!!!
(12-03-2017, 08:13 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]It shows Campbell was worth the investment.  As far as breaks the record,  while it is true.   This is a different era of football.  And records can be broken easier than in past.

My only concern about the investment was analysts said moving from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense could be awkward. There were questions about the scheme fit. Also, was he going to be listed as a DE or DT after playing both positions at Arizona? But he has been everything we hoped for and become of my favorite Jaguars. I am so glad he chose us over his hometown Broncos.
(12-03-2017, 09:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 08:13 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]It shows Campbell was worth the investment.  As far as breaks the record,  while it is true.   This is a different era of football.  And records can be broken easier than in past.

My only concern about the investment was analysts said moving from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense could be awkward. There were questions about the scheme fit. Also, was he going to be listed as a DE or DT after playing both positions at Arizona? But he has been everything we hoped for and become of my favorite Jaguars. I am so glad he chose us over his hometown Broncos.

JW you are aware that Campbell played as a 4-3 DE in Miami, as well as his first few years in Arizona under a previous DC right? scheme fit and transition between schemes was never going to be a problem.
(12-03-2017, 09:46 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 09:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]My only concern about the investment was analysts said moving from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense could be awkward. There were questions about the scheme fit. Also, was he going to be listed as a DE or DT after playing both positions at Arizona? But he has been everything we hoped for and become of my favorite Jaguars. I am so glad he chose us over his hometown Broncos.

JW you are aware that Campbell played as a 4-3 DE in Miami, as well as his first few years in Arizona under a previous DC right? scheme fit and transition between schemes was never going to be a problem.

I did not even know he played for Miami.
MIami as in The U
What's really cool is that Ngakoue could do the very same with the strips to go with it...
(12-03-2017, 11:47 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]What's really cool is that Ngakoue could do the very same with the strips to go with it...

But Yannick is less disciplined. When was the last time you heard a referee call a penalty on #93?
(12-03-2017, 11:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 11:47 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]What's really cool is that Ngakoue could do the very same with the strips to go with it...

But Yannick is less disciplined. When was the last time you heard a referee call a penalty on #93?

What’s penalties got to do with it? Having two 12+ sack players is fine by me.....

Swooooosh...
(12-04-2017, 12:06 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 11:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]But Yannick is less disciplined. When was the last time you heard a referee call a penalty on #93?

What’s penalties got to do with it? Having two 12+ sack players is fine by me.....

Swooooosh...

You can't swoosh me after watching what happens when #91 is penalized and we let the opponent gain 15 yards as a result. Part of being a great player is playing by the rules.
(12-04-2017, 12:08 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 12:06 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]What’s penalties got to do with it? Having two 12+ sack players is fine by me.....

Swooooosh...

You can't swoosh me after watching what happens when #91 is penalized and we let the opponent gain 15 yards as a result. Part of being a great player is playing by the rules.

Yannick doesn't get flagged the much really. 

And if you're specifically mentioning the call today, that was a garbage penalty.
(12-04-2017, 12:08 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 12:06 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]What’s penalties got to do with it? Having two 12+ sack players is fine by me.....

Swooooosh...

So all his other plays to help put away games ultimately are negated due to the penalty today that ultimately meant nothing. Ok, good to know. I understand arguing with you doesn’t go anywhere because you’re more aerodynamic than a stealth jet, but gimme a break....
Pages: 1 2