Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags hold opponents to 10 points or less 7x in 12 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This defense is just dominate.  If Bortles can play close to what he did today this defense could carry this team all the way.
I'm just still in shock with this team's turnaround. We won 3 games last year...unbelievable. I still feel like I'm dreaming.
The number of points score by an opponent is misleading, just like any other statistic. You have to look at the bigger picture. But I am always happy to see us give up no more than 10 points.
Vast improvement over last year, no one's going to argue that. Today was what I expected a whacking of a significantly worse roster.
(12-03-2017, 05:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The number of points score by an opponent is misleading, just like any other statistic. You have to look at the bigger picture. But I am always happy to see us give up no more than 10 points.

Just like your statistic of -259 reputation points, right?
(12-03-2017, 05:52 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 05:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The number of points score by an opponent is misleading, just like any other statistic. You have to look at the bigger picture. But I am always happy to see us give up no more than 10 points.

Just like your statistic of -259 reputation points, right?

I am only talking about football statistics here.
Coughlin will really know what he's working with after this year. We're definitely competitive and the talent we've acquired over the last few horrible years is showing through. I don't think we're a championship caliber team yet with all these offensive line woes and injuries but we definitely have a good defense and with that you can compete with anybody because you will always be in games.
Sacksonville is the real deal. An Elite D for sure. And what I love the most. Do it as a team! Gipson locked down INT today. Church last week even though lost. A.J. before and Ramsey before that.

It is like they say my turn. Love it.

Wrong again. It' not misleading.  It says how many points we have held opponents to. Numbers don't lie. The stat paints a picture, just like any other statistic. Your interpretation is the only thing not accurate. 

We have played soft competition so these numbers are showing that we are doing what we are suppose to do
(12-03-2017, 06:19 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]

Wrong again. It' not misleading.  It says how many points we have held opponents to. Numbers don't lie. The stat paints a picture, just like any other statistic. Your interpretation is the only thing not accurate. 

We have played soft competition so these numbers are showing that we are doing what we are suppose to do

You know how people look at the number of points scored against us in a season and they say, "The defense allowed X points." That would be a lie because not all points we gave up were by the opponient's offense.

(12-03-2017, 06:08 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Sacksonville is the real deal.  An Elite D for sure.   And what I love the most.  Do it as a team!  Gipson locked down INT today.  Church last week even though lost.  A.J. before and Ramsey before that.  

It is like they say my turn.  Love it.

Football is the ultimate team sport. You can't have one player without the other 10. We see that teamwork every week.
(12-03-2017, 05:45 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just still in shock with this team's turnaround. We won 3 games last year...unbelievable. I still feel like I'm dreaming.

No kidding. I thought 7 would be a huge sign of improvement, and that's with some luck factoring into the wins. But we have been blowing teams out, most of these wins we just cruised, game over by the end of the 3rd quarter

I'll be in Jax December and January. If we get a home playoff game, I'll be at the game drunk and cheering my butt off
In today’s nfl this is a major feat.
(12-03-2017, 07:27 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 05:45 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just still in shock with this team's turnaround. We won 3 games last year...unbelievable. I still feel like I'm dreaming.

No kidding. I thought 7 would be a huge sign of improvement, and that's with some luck factoring into the wins. But we have been blowing teams out, most of these wins we just cruised, game over by the end of the 3rd quarter

I'll be in Jax December and January. If we get a home playoff game, I'll be at the game drunk and yelling my butt off

I know, look at the scores of our nine wins:

Jaguars 29 Texans 7
Ravens 7 Jaguars 44
Jaguars 30 Steelers 9
Jaguars 27 Colts 0
Bengals 7 Jaguars 23
Chargers 17 Jaguars 20
Jaguars 19
Browns 7
Colts 10 Jaguars 30

Only the Chargers game was a single-digit win.
(12-03-2017, 09:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 07:27 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]No kidding. I thought 7 would be a huge sign of improvement, and that's with some luck factoring into the wins. But we have been blowing teams out, most of these wins we just cruised, game over by the end of the 3rd quarter

I'll be in Jax December and January. If we get a home playoff game, I'll be at the game drunk and yelling my butt off

I know, look at the scores of our nine wins:

Jaguars 29 Texans 7
Ravens 7 Jaguars 44
Jaguars 30 Steelers 9
Jaguars 27 Colts 0
Bengals 7 Jaguars 23
Chargers 17 Jaguars 20
Jaguars 19
Browns 7
Colts 10 Jaguars 30

Only the Chargers game was a single-digit win.

[Image: welcome-back-not-really.jpg]

Wow. Just... wow. 

I guess I haven't missed that much in the time I was gone.
(12-03-2017, 06:08 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Sacksonville is the real deal.  An Elite D for sure.   And what I love the most.  Do it as a team!  Gipson locked down INT today.  Church last week even though lost.  A.J. before and Ramsey before that.  

It is like they say my turn.  Love it.

On the Ramsey INT you could see Gip also coming across and then looking like "dude beat me to it again." Only to then grab his own  Smile
(12-04-2017, 11:18 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow. Just... wow. 

I figured you'd be in this thread, but I though it would be to comment on the dominate defense.
(12-05-2017, 02:00 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 11:18 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Just... wow. 

I figured you'd be in this thread, but I though it would be to comment on the dominate defense.

You know me; when a dominate Defense dominants another team in a truly dominate fashion, It draws me like a moth to the flame.
(12-05-2017, 03:30 PM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2017, 02:00 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I figured you'd be in this thread, but I though it would be to comment on the dominate defense.

You know me; when a dominate Defense dominants another team in a truly dominate fashion, It draws me like a moth to the flame.

Do you know a dominantrix?