Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I said they would lose and I was wrong. Now on to the good stuff.

Lewis just continues to be a solid TE for us. OJ Howard was wanted by many... Caldwell knew what he was doing.

Fournette is such a weapon. It's almost like we use him we have to. He's or horse.

Lee..even though I'm hard on him about being a 800 and 3 WR, he had a nice game.

Westbrook is going to break out soon. Maybe in the playoffs 

Poz had 14 tackles and 10 solos while Smith was out. He's so valuable to this team.

Ramsey is a straight savage. 

I probably won't be picking against the Jags the rest of the way. The Seahawks are banged up on defense and offense. We could be resting players by week 17 depending on how it goes.
I thought bortles played a very good game.

Acurate passes and moved the chains all day. Only recall 1 or 2 bad passes. Over 75% accuracy.

Great team win go Jags!
I did notice Poz making plays more than usual with Telvin out. Myles Jack also played well when he was not grabbing a facemask. Marqise Lee finally did something I thought he can't do: catch a ball one-handed in double coverage. He is not a good WR every week, but made me happy today. And you must be blind to not notice Yannick getting to the QB. I know he hit Jocoby Brissett late once, but he was flying. If we cut out some penalties, there are few teams we can't beat.
Easiest game notes of the year for me: don't draw any conclusions from a game against this version of the Colts. Good or bad.
One of Bortles best games of his career. Colts decimated in secondary and I think Gannon mentioned their #1 CB is an undrafted rookie FA. We have to keep that in mind, but it is a GREAT SIGN to see this team not play down to their competition. This is what the really good teams do, destroy bad teams.

Also, how refreshing is Lambo? He may be the greatest mid season addition in Jags franchise history. Even when Myers made his kicks there was always something about the path of the ball that was like a knuckleball that made you cringe.

Oh, and Hackett deserves credit for the game. They threw much more often on 1st down and had a lot of success. Much less predictable playcalling. Was very good.
(12-03-2017, 06:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I did notice Poz making plays more than usual with Telvin out. Myles Jack also played well when he was not grabbing a facemask. Marqise Lee finally did something I thought he can't do: catch a ball one-handed in double coverage. He is not a good WR every week, but made me happy today. And you must be blind to not notice Yannick getting to the QB. I know he hit Jocoby Brissett late once, but he was flying. If we cut out some penalties, there are few teams we can't beat.

Agreed, Poz had a great game with his extended play time today, was really glad to see that.

This is the best game I've seen Lee have. Really glad to see him come down with some contested catches. We are going to need more of that going forward.

I never heard the whistle on that late hit by Yannick and like the announcers mentioned, it looked like Brisset was fighting for yards the whole time so I'm not sure what the refs were expecting him to do at that point.
(12-03-2017, 07:13 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 06:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I did notice Poz making plays more than usual with Telvin out. Myles Jack also played well when he was not grabbing a facemask. Marqise Lee finally did something I thought he can't do: catch a ball one-handed in double coverage. He is not a good WR every week, but made me happy today. And you must be blind to not notice Yannick getting to the QB. I know he hit Jocoby Brissett late once, but he was flying. If we cut out some penalties, there are few teams we can't beat.

Agreed, Poz had a great game with his extended play time today, was really glad to see that.

This is the best game I've seen Lee have.  Really glad to see him come down with some contested catches.  We are going to need more of that going forward.

I never heard the whistle on that late hit by Yannick and like the announcers mentioned, it looked like Brisset was fighting for yards the whole time so I'm not sure what the refs were expecting him to do at that point.

Jacoby Brissett was already sacked by a teammate and Yannick piled on after they were down. Good call by the officials.
My favorite part is that Bortles torched this secondary to the tune of 639 yards and 3tds while Mariota is sitting there at 490, 2 TDs, and 3 INTs
Can you just say you were wrong one more time?

The Jags absolute own the Colts right now and anyone picking against them was.... well.... not very bright.
B
Like the cardinals with a 3rd string qb? Today we beat one of the worst teams in the league. Simmer down
A win that should have happened. On to the next week.
(12-03-2017, 07:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 07:13 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, Poz had a great game with his extended play time today, was really glad to see that.

This is the best game I've seen Lee have.  Really glad to see him come down with some contested catches.  We are going to need more of that going forward.

Jacoby Brissett was already sacked by a teammate and Yannick piled on after they were down. Good call by the officials.

False
(12-03-2017, 07:13 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]

I heard the whistle. The second I saw Ngakoue kept going I knew there was going to be a flag. The call was correct but the rule is stupid, it shouldn't be up to a defender to protect an opposing player.
(12-03-2017, 07:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Can you just say you were wrong one more time?

The Jags absolute own the Colts right now and anyone picking against them was.... well.... not very bright.

I was wrong.

With Bortles playing like this, I'm gonna have to redo my picks.

We might not lose again. 9ers still worry me. Jimmy played decent.
(12-03-2017, 08:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 07:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Can you just say you were wrong one more time?

I was wrong.

With Bortles playing like this, I'm gonna have to redo my picks.

We might not lose again. 9ers still worry me. Jimmy played decent.
Played decent against the Bears.....
Bortles played good against the Colts....
(12-03-2017, 07:32 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]

Like the Cardinals with a 3rd string QB? Today we beat one of the worst teams in the league. Simmer down

Technically Blaine Gabbert is the first string QB in Arizona because Carson Palmer is on injured reserve, but I get it. You don't realize Bruce Arians knew Gabbert played better against Tennessee than Drew Stanton did ever since Palmer's injury forced a change under center.

The reason we lost at Arizona was not struggling to stop Gabbert all day. It was Blake Bortles throwing a late interception and Marqise Lee dropping a pass Doug Marrone should not have called.

(12-03-2017, 07:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2017, 07:13 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, Poz had a great game with his extended play time today, was really glad to see that.

I heard the whistle. The second I saw Ngakoue kept going I knew there was going to be a flag. The call was correct but the rule is stupid, it shouldn't be up to a defender to protect an opposing player.

How was a defensive player protecting an opponent on that play?

(12-03-2017, 08:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles played good against the Colts....

Twice.
(12-03-2017, 08:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles played good against the Colts....
Which is why you won’t see me pumping him up.

Colts are a bottom 3 team in the league with an awful secondary. 

Next week against Seattle, he should be able to take advantage of no Sherman and Chancellor. Blake just has to play with confidence.
(12-03-2017, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Next week against Seattle, he should be able to take advantage of no Sherman and Chancellor. Blake just has to play with confidence.

It's more than just playing with confidence. The rest of the team has to do their job reasonably well, too.

In the Cardinals game the offensive line let way too much pass rush straight through. In this game they gave Bortles enough time to make enough throws.

Bortles has shown he's capable of decent play, but the receivers have to catch it and the linemen have to block it.
(12-03-2017, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you just guessing the Colts are a "bottom three" secondary because their backups look terrible?

Blake Bortles will not vbe more confident next week because of Seattle's IR list. Thati s not how players think.
Pages: 1 2