Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Friendly Seahawks Fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi guys,

Thought I'd pop over from Seahawks.net to say hi with our match up this Sunday to discuss the game, strengths vs weaknesses etc. Hope you don't mind.

It's great to see the Jags having a great season, I'm from the UK so have a bit of a soft spot for the Jags given their ties with London etc.

How do you guys see this game going? The Seahawks are getting hot at just the right time and comfortably beat the number 1 offense last night. Don't be fooled into thinking that because the team no longer has Sherm and Kam that they're old hat, they're not. Byron Maxwell is covering Sherm's side OK (most of the time!) and Bradley McDouglad has done a superb job in covering the SS position. He's much better in coverage than Kam but not as strong in the run game, swings and roundabouts I guess. 

The Seahawks know all about Calais and what he can do, boy was I glad to get that man out of the division! Total beast. In fact, your whole defense is incredible but with Russell Wilson being Russell Wilson, I think he gets another win on the road, but only barely. 

I'm predicting a 20-14 Hawks win, lots of punts and a great game for the defensive minds amongst us!

Any questions relating to the Hawks I'd be more than happy to answer and I'm sure I will fire away a few questions about the Jags. How do you think your rookie RB will do? I think the Hawks shut him down and force Bortles to beat them through the air. 1TD and 50-60 yards rushing.
I've spent a lot of time in Seattle for work and have family there now. I've always liked the Hawks. It's going to be a tough one this week. They were impressive last night against the Eagles.

Good luck to both teams!
Lets hope both teams come away injury free.

How did you guys do on the injury front against the Colts yesterday?

Not a single injury for the Seahawks, fortunately.
I like the Hawks. Like seeing the them rebound back to resepctability after some rough times in the 90s. Wilson is a legit dual threat QB who can keep them in the game by himself. I'm HOPING AJ/Jalen can bait him into making some bad throws and come away with some turnovers.

How have you liked Joeckel at Guard this season? I've seen some laughable videos of him, but has he held up well over all?
Couple questions.

1. How is the interior of your Oline playing? Is Joeckel still hot garbage?
2. How is Russ playing on the road? Playing at home is one thing but across country? Did you lose at Titans?
3. Is the run game still struggling?
4. Is it cold in the UK?
First off welcome to the board. Secondly. This isn't a case of beating the number 1 offense. This is a case of beating the number 1 defense.

Ya have Ramsey and A.J. covering. Ya have Colvin who can match up in the slot. And Church and Gipson in Backend. Ya have two of the fastest LBs in the league. In Jack and Smith returning. Ya have Po Z Dominent in run d

Ya have a D line that has no weak link. Ya know about Campbell. Ya find out bout Yannick and Fowler can make plays as well.

Ya have Milek and Marcel plugging up the middle.

Now while Wilson is really good. All the scrambling in the world won't matter. When can't throw it and ya running game won't matter up the middle either.

Will Wilson make some plays? Of course he is really good. Will it be a blowout or an easy game for the hawks? Absolutely not. And if you win. Will be very close.

But the difference is our corners and lbs can take it to the house at any moment. And Yannick and Campbell can cause strips or fumbles at any point.

We are not the Eagles prepare for a low scoring dog fight.
How do you know your team is getting more league wide attention? New visitors every week. Most come in all friendly then stay and troll with the first sign of Jags struggle. Here is what you need to know...

No we don’t miss Bradley
We are not the Seahawks of the south
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)
We need to have more points on the board to win

Bye now!
(12-04-2017, 10:08 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know your team is getting more league wide attention? New visitors every week. Most come in all friendly then stay and troll with the first sign of Jags struggle. Here is what you need to know...

No we don’t miss Bradley
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)

Bye now!

Why are you being a dick? He had made some legit points and he doesnt seem to be a troll like some we’ve been getting here.
(12-04-2017, 10:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:08 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know your team is getting more league wide attention? New visitors every week. Most come in all friendly then stay and troll with the first sign of Jags struggle. Here is what you need to know...

No we don’t miss Bradley
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)

Bye now!

Why are you being a jerk? He had made some legit points and he doesnt seem to be a troll like some we’ve been getting here.
Fixed for you.
(12-04-2017, 10:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]

No we don’t miss Bradley
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)

Bye now!

Why are you being a dick? He had made some legit points and he doesnt seem to be a troll like some we’ve been getting here.
Why do you care what I type? He doesn’t make any points you wouldn’t see actually paying attention to the NFL and future opponents. He’ll be right here trolling like the rest, bet. Feel free to ignore my posts and move along keyboard tough guy.
(12-04-2017, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Couple questions.

1. How is the interior of your Oline playing? Is Joeckel still hot garbage?
2. How is Russ playing on the road? Playing at home is one thing but across country? Did you lose at Titans?
3. Is the run game still struggling?
4. Is it cold in the UK?

In pass protection, very good and certainly considerably better than Seahawks fans are used to! run blocking has been sub par, though. I'm fairly certain Joeckel will get an extension with the team, out of 10 I'd give him a high 6/low 7. Playing in-between Brown and Britt will no doubt help him out but he's far from our weakest link on the line, that belongs to RT Germain Ifedi. 

They're 4-2 on the road at present so pretty respectable. They did lose to the Titans in week 3 however Seattle is historically awful in September. They've lost to the Titans and Packers on the road and beaten the Rams, Giants, 49ers and Cardinals.

The run game is far from good, but it's now at least serviceable. Expect Mike Davis to get 90% of the carries this Sunday, expect him to get around 50 on the ground and maybe another 50 in the passing game. Our starter, Chris Carson should be back just in time for the playoffs fortunately. 

It's bloody freezing!

Any other questions, fire away  Smile
(12-04-2017, 10:19 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you being a dick? He had made some legit points and he doesnt seem to be a troll like some we’ve been getting here.
Why do you care what I type? He doesn’t make any points you wouldn’t see actually paying attention to the NFL and future opponents. He’ll be right here trolling like the rest, bet. Feel free to ignore my posts and move along keyboard tough guy.
Oh the irony.....

No we don’t miss Bradley
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)

Bye now!

Far from a troll but understand the scepticism, it's human nature apparently. We get a lot of them over on .Net but also have a lot of fans from other teams that have been around for years. Respect is key and you will only see respectful posts from me.
(12-04-2017, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:19 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you care what I type? He doesn’t make any points you wouldn’t see actually paying attention to the NFL and future opponents. He’ll be right here trolling like the rest, bet. Feel free to ignore my posts and move along keyboard tough guy.
Oh the irony.....

Great post! So about those hawks?

Don’t seem to be missing the rest of boom, Wilson extends plays, play stretch well. How do the Jags win? Seems a matchup nightmare.
(12-04-2017, 10:19 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you being a dick? He had made some legit points and he doesnt seem to be a troll like some we’ve been getting here.
By my rules cuss away.  However,  these are not my rules.   And the Code of Conduct says swearing is a no no.  

And internet tough guy?  I have went against 10 people vs me.  So never scared.  But if I am a tough guy for looking out so you are not 

See Marriota fan on here......
(12-04-2017, 10:22 AM)original poster Wrote: [ -> ]

No we don’t miss Bradley
Bortles is okay
Run game is okay
We have some injuries
You have Joeckel (haha)

Bye now!

Far from a troll but understand the scepticism, it's human nature apparently. We get a lot of them over on .Net but also have a lot of fans from other teams that have been around for years. Respect is key and you will only see respectful posts from me.
Good to hear. We have some bad ones sticking around here that are like a terrible rash!

(12-04-2017, 10:24 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:19 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you care what I type? He doesn’t make any points you wouldn’t see actually paying attention to the NFL and future opponents. He’ll be right here trolling like the rest, bet. Feel free to ignore my posts and move along keyboard tough guy.
By my rules cuss away.  However,  these are not my rules.   And the Code of Conduct says swearing is a no no.  

And internet tough guy?  I have went against 10 people vs me.  So never scared.  But if I am a tough guy for looking out so you are not 

See Marriota fan on here......

He was trying to respond to me. You’re good.
(12-04-2017, 10:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:22 AM)original poster Wrote: [ -> ]Far from a troll but understand the scepticism, it's human nature apparently. We get a lot of them over on .Net but also have a lot of fans from other teams that have been around for years. Respect is key and you will only see respectful posts from me.
Good to hear. We have some bad ones sticking around here that are like a terrible rash!

Amazed they're not banned, they don't last long on .Net.

For the record, a lot of Seahawks fans had this Sundays game pegged as a loss at the start of the season. I don't personally but no game is guaranteed in the NFL. It'll likely be an ugly offensive game, beautiful defensively and low scoring with the better QB taking the win. I genuinely know next to nothing about Bortles but think it's fair to assume Wilson is having an MVP calibre season.

Fortunately with how historically bad the Hawks O-Line has been for a couple of years, your brutal defensive line won't keep me up at night, Russ is more than used to constant pressure!

Few more questions if I may...

How is your o line? Who are the two weakest links?

How are your WR's and TE's looking?

What sort of weather can we expect on Sunday? Wind etc

How are you doing on turnovers on offense?
(12-04-2017, 10:29 AM)original poster Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear. We have some bad ones sticking around here that are like a terrible rash!

For the record, a lot of Seahawks fans had this Sundays game pegged as a loss at the start of the season. I don't personally but no game is guaranteed in the NFL. It'll likely be an ugly offensive game, beautiful defensively and low scoring with the better QB taking the win. I genuinely know next to nothing about Bortles but think it's fair to assume Wilson is having an MVP calibre season.

Fortunately with how historically bad the Hawks O-Line has been for a couple of years, your brutal defensive line won't keep me up at night, Russ is more than used to constant pressure!
Our admins don't normally ban the trolls as long as have some substance. that does not violate COC aka TOS.   

It is when constantly curse or constantly rerouting topics to a personal agenda.  And even some members of the board do it.  

I have done it In the past a time or 2.  Ha ha. 

These admins are very good in who to ban.  With the exception of FBT.   But ya always get that one bad apple in the bunch.  JK.    

We just don't see eye to eye.  Cause I like more done to the trolls.  And he rather let um 
stay and use sarcasm.
Welcome aboard. My early condolences for the loss and beating your hawks are going to take this Sunday. I honestly think the media is going to overlook the magnitude of this game. And I see us having the same kind of game against your team that we had against the Steelers earlier this year.
(12-04-2017, 10:29 AM)original poster Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2017, 10:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear. We have some bad ones sticking around here that are like a terrible rash!

Few more questions if I may...

How is your o line? Who are the two weakest links?

How are your WR's and TE's looking?

What sort of weather can we expect on Sunday? Wind etc

How are you doing on turnovers on offense?
That kid Davis looked legit last night!

Honestly, I wouldn’t expect Wilson to scramble as much against us. We are not a quick penetrating front. They get pressure through effort across the line, not just edge, and a strong back end helps a ton. Only occasionally do they lose contain. 

Our O-line is sreviceable. Not great, not bad. Offensive problems come from a injured and weak receiving group. Some spark from two rookies this past game but not ready to say the group is recovering. We don’t run typical TE sets. Ours are more or less blocking TEs versus move TEs. Howevere, doesn’t keep them from squeezing a pass play or two in. Our long tenured TE has actually been quite good downfield in obvious mismatch situations. Offensive turnovers or specifically Bortles, has not been a game killer this year. So the narrative you often hear is not so accurate. Honestly, losses have been a combination of poor execution and play calling. If we come out aggresive, great! If we come out playing not to lose...long day. In any case, I would expect a good game
Pages: 1 2 3 4